What!? Not Talk About the Trinity ?

What!? Not Talk About the Trinity ?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Aug 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Aren't you one of these non-Trinitarians who cannot equate "the Father" with "the Son"?

Why don't you tell us where you learned that?
No I'm not one of those. Whatever they are.

Moves
10 Aug 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I doubt many understand what the will of the Father is. I know you don't because I have asked you many times.
Isn't it to join the johovahs Witness organisation and trundle from door to door handing out your doom and gloom the end of the world is nigh magazine and try to convince people that they will escape the impending holocaust is they follow your example?

How successful have you been in getting people to sign up then Robbie?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 16

Originally posted by menace71
Modalism is the non-trinitarian idea that the one God revealed Himself in different Modes so to speak right ? I guess I differ just because the belief is that God existed in the mode of the Father before the birth of Jesus then in the incarnation He existed as the son and then at the ascension in the mode of the spirit but never simultaneously but we can se ...[text shortened]... to hate or kill or argue with malice with others over the Trinity is not of God .....

Manny
Very good.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 16
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
Yes I agree, on both counts.

But I'm not asking you about authority or correctness, we know we disagree on it. My enquiry is how you came to understand/believe that Jesus is not God...which church or sect taught you?
Divegeester, Have I been a bad influence on you ? LOL!

Is checkbaiter still saved if he has a different dogma than you on whether Jesus is God incarnate or not ?

Do you see what I mean now ? It is inconceivable to me that a man says he's a disciple of Jesus yet does not believe Jesus is God incarnate. Here's checkbaiter though.

Christians, [Jesus forewarned (Matt. 13) ] sometimes will not be able to tell real believers from false ones.

Do you kind of see what I mean now? Sometimes we just cannot give a simple Yes or No about an apparent brother's experience. But we notice some strange influence compelling him to say or write rather questionable things.

You cannot always deal with the man's personal experience.
But you can deal with what is being said.

Am I right ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
.. It is inconceivable to me that a man says he's a disciple of Jesus yet does not believe Jesus is God incarnate. ..
Did something Jesus say about what His disciplies should believe influence you to make this statement? I doubt it. This is the kind of statement that comes from being brainwashed by the teachings of men.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
Did something Jesus say about what His disciplies should believe influence you to make this statement? I doubt it. This is the kind of statement that comes from being brainwashed by the teachings of men.
Were you kicked out of the Jehovah's Witnesses ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Aug 16

Were you kicked out of the Jehovah's Witnesses ?
Cant handle the question?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 16
2 edits

Cant handle the question?
You know I can handle your question all day long if I wanted to.

I get the impression that you may have been thrusted out of some group.
One day I may find out if I'm right or not.

You sound like someone who was disfellowshipped from some weird group.
You sound like you cut your teeth in some cult but was latter kicked out for being too individualistic.

As for me ? I am being taken care of very, very well, thankyou.

In my early Christian life I prayed and asked God to put me with some brothers who could help me to be a follower of Jesus. God answered that prayer very faithfully.

And for over 42 years I have never considered that the Christians I meet with were not the best I could possibly be in fellowship with.

I know that God answered that prayer of that young man over 42 years ago.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Aug 16

You know I can handle your question all day long if I wanted to.

I get the impression that you may have been thrusted out of some group.
One day I may find out if I'm right or not.

You sound like someone who was disfellowshipped from some weird group.
You sound like you cut your teeth in some cult but was latter kicked out for being too indivi ...[text shortened]... fellowship with.

I know that God answered that prayer of that young man over 42 years ago.
Its called narcissism. Google it and get some help. I did not ask you about yourself and you talking about yourself is not going to influence me to talk about myself.

Here is the question : Did something Jesus say about what His disciplies should believe influence you to make this statement?

.. It is inconceivable to me that a man says he's a disciple of Jesus yet does not believe Jesus is God incarnate. ..

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 16
2 edits

Rajk999, Was it the Church of Christ - Disciples ?

Did you drop out of, or get kicked out of that group ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 16
1 edit

Its called narcissism. Google it and get some help. I did not ask you about yourself and you talking about yourself is not going to influence me to talk about myself.

Here is the question : Did something Jesus say about what His disciplies should believe influence you to make this statement?

[b].. It is inconceivable to me that a man says he's a disciple of Jesus yet does not believe Jesus is God incarnate. ..
[/b]

Malignant Narcissism ? Seen plenty of videos on that. Pretty interesting too.
Sam Valinkan.

I am not sure whether you meant me or you or who.
However, I have said before that giving personal testimony is also part of being a witness for Christ.

And the way you buckle under even the slightest question about your personal experience seems contrary to the teaching of Christ. I do not think my questions along this line have ever been TOO intrusive.

Paul gives us something of an autobiographic sketch. He was a witness to Christ.
You cannot STAND to be asked ANYTHING regarding your supposedly pristine Christian life.

It is strange for one purporting to know all about what it is to follow Jesus.
I am not being too intruding, I think.

Here is the question : Did something Jesus say about what His disciples should believe influence you to make this statement?

To make what statement specifically ?

You're not ashamed to speak in public of your early spiritual beginnings are you ?
Is narcissism your excuse for not wanting to bear witness to your early spiritual beginnings?

Do you think Paul's testimony in Acts was filled with Narcissism ?
Do you think Second Corinthians is a book filled with Paul's Narcissism ?

Moves
10 Aug 16

And for over 42 years I have never considered that the Christians I meet with were not the best I could possibly be in fellowship with.
Still feel this way...? 😉

F

Moves
10 Aug 16

These have been a bad couple of weeks for you, sonship. 😉

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Still feel this way...? 😉
Oh yes.

I still feel this way and even more so, since I first touched the local church in New York City in 1974.

I have fellowshipped in the church in New York, the church in Newton Mass., the church in Greensboro NC, and now in the church in Dunn Loring VA.

Where ever the saints meet on the ground of oneness receiving all in the locality to the glory of God, that's where I have to be. The greatest blessing I have experienced is where there is the minimum unity of the normal assembly life.

www.localchurches.org

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Aug 16
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
These have been a bad couple of weeks for you, sonship. 😉
Oh just shut up !