What must I do to be saved from hell?

What must I do to be saved from hell?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
31 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Matthew
ok, shall you let me think about them, do a little research and then i can present my findings? for it is late, my mind is at meltdown stage and I must rest.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Sep 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
whether or not my dear noobster, they were written by God or not, i don't think is particularly relevant, for the name exists regardless and actually the scriptures indicate that god has revealed his name, in person, perhaps you are unaware of this, although it proves nothing in itself, for you no doubt in your scepticism may dispute its integrity, b ...[text shortened]... actually it is not that we are gifted, but that our students are, so perhaps you are correct 🙂
Sorry to interupt the Christian cat fight -

'You're not reading the scriptures right'

'No.....you're not reading the scriptures right'.

Have you noticed that there's more arguing between Christians in this forum than anybody else?! What does that tell you about 'scripture'?

I guessed that God not writing his own name down is not particulary relevant to you, but at least you did admit it proves nothing itself. If you admit this aspect of scripture poves nothing in itself, surely then that must apply to the whole of scripture? For what you take as face value, just leaves me with more questions.. If someone alive today claimed to have climed a mountain and spoken to God, they would be taken off, medically examined and probably sectioned under the mental health act. Because this story happened millenia ago and written down in a book, intelligent people, like yourself, just accept it.

That is what i find 'startling'.

J

Moves
01 Sep 09

Originally posted by divegeester
Pretend you have 2 minutes to explain salvation to an enquiring unbeliever. What are the key facts assuming the person has the ability to believe what you say - what indeed would you say. A question to all faiths and denominations especially:

> Mormons

> Jehovah Witnesses

> Muslims

I'm looking for straight forward but all encompassing respo ...[text shortened]... ave to believe, and what if anything should I do to prevent myself going to hell?

Thank you.
Tee-hee:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=118513&page=2#post_2228645

rc

Moves
01 Sep 09

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Sorry to interupt the Christian cat fight -

'You're not reading the scriptures right'

'No.....you're not reading the scriptures right'.

Have you noticed that there's more arguing between Christians in this forum than anybody else?! What does that tell you about 'scripture'?

I guessed that God not writing his own name down is not particulary ...[text shortened]... telligent people, like yourself, just accept it.

That is what i find 'startling'.
i thought that is one of te reasons you come to the forum Noobster old thing, to be entertained by the controversies surrounding Biblical interpretation.

mmm its not so simple my friend, for while you are correct in that these records in themselves prove nothing, when taken as a whole, they are like a tapestry, in which each thread lends itself to the whole, and we have a broad and all encompassing picture. Miracles were never intended to be a permanent feature, they were simply used to establish the credentials of an individual, as in Moses being a deliverer, or Christ the Messiah. Also they were used at the inception of the Christian congregation, speaking many languages for example, but they were never intended to be a permanent feature. They may be likened to the scaffolding of a building, they support the initial structure, but are later removed.

(1 Corinthians 13:8-10) . . .But whether there are gifts of prophesying, they will be done away with; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will be done away with.  For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially;  but when that which is complete arrives, that which is partial will be done away with.

i suppose it must seem astounding, but these are spiritual things Proper Noobster, they are examined spiritually my friend , not physically.

(1 Corinthians 2:14) . . .But a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. . .🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
03 Sep 09

The "Book of Works"?

😕
Please read Revelation Chapter 20. Verse 12 gives the two books...

Lamb's Book of Life and The Book of Human Works (or deeds ).

anybody seen my

underpants??

Moves
03 Sep 09
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Please read Revelation Chapter 20. Verse 12 gives the two books...

Lamb's Book of Life and The Book of Human Works (or deeds ).
I don't think the second ,the book of works, is named anywhere in any translation that I know of, Yes there is a second book, but there is a broad debate on its name. One is the Lambs book of life, the other I believe is the book of the dead, for those not in the book of life, will die a spiritual death

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Sep 09

Originally posted by duecer
I don't think the second ,the book of works, is named anywhere in any translation that I know of, Yes there is a second book, but there is a broad debate on its name. One is the Lambs book of life, the other I believe is the book of the dead, for those not in the book of life, will die a spiritual death
"And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the the throne, and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds." Revelation 20;12 (NASB). All sin was judged on the cross and isn't even brought up at the Great White Throne Judgement. Period.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 09

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the the throne, and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, [b]according to their deeds." Revelation 20;12 (NASB). All sin was judged on the cross and isn't even brought up at the Great White Throne Judgement. Period.[/b]
Yes deeds are judged of course, but this thread is about being saved, about being in the other book you mentioned - the Book of LIFE. Those jugded by their deeds were not in the Book of LIFE.

t

Moves
05 Sep 09

Pretend you have 2 minutes to explain salvation to an enquiring unbeliever. What are the key facts assuming the person has the ability to believe what you say - what indeed would you say. A question to all faiths and denominations especially:

> Mormons

> Jehovah Witnesses

> Muslims

I'm looking for straight forward but all encompassing respo ...[text shortened]... ave to believe, and what if anything should I do to prevent myself going to hell?

Thank you.
Morons will say there is no hell. Only outer darkness which is reserved for the worst of the worst. Basically just being a good person will save you or even just not a completely evil person.

d

Moves
05 Sep 09

Originally posted by tomtom232
Morons will say there is no hell. Only outer darkness which is reserved for the worst of the worst. Basically just being a good person will save you or even just not a completely evil person.
"He who thinks he stand take heed lest he fall"

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 09

Originally posted by tomtom232
Of course you mean "morMons" don't you ... ?

d

Moves
05 Sep 09

Of course you mean "morMons" don't you ... ?
Everybody.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
05 Sep 09

Oh you did mean "morons"! Sorry I thought it was a typo.

I don't think you have to be a moron to not believe in hell - is that what you are suggesting?

d

Moves
05 Sep 09

Oh you did mean "morons"! Sorry I thought it was a typo.

I don't think you have to be a moron to not believe in hell - is that what you are suggesting?
No, just being a "good person" or not really really bad doesn't mean you're going to Heaven.

t

Moves
05 Sep 09

Yeah, it was a typo. They believe there are in essence three kingdoms. Only the righteous get to be in the celestial kingdom though but you won't be eternally punished just because you made some little sin and didn't ask for forgiveness. God is love afterall.