What must I do to be saved from hell?

What must I do to be saved from hell?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
30 Aug 09

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm not calling you any names. I'm just asking if your one of these humans that don't sin? Simple yes or no would do.
Do you even attempt to comprehend the posts of others? My post was in response to RC.

Perhaps you put no more effort into comprehending the words of Jesus and so are blind to His message.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Do you even attempt to comprehend the posts of others? My post was in response to RC.

Perhaps you put no more effort into comprehending the words of Jesus and so are blind to His message.
3rd time..Are you a non sinning human? If you don't answer then that means you do not sin.

rc

Moves
30 Aug 09
1 edit

3rd time..Are you a non sinning human? If you don't answer then that means you do not sin.
he has consistently refused to answer that question, why, for his answer shall be self incriminating and just for the record, I never called him a name, no not once, i merely commented on the content of his post, in that it was incoherent with the rest of scripture, and that he shows a remarkable propensity for accusing others of bigotry and hypocrisy. this can hardly be construed as name calling, can it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Aug 09

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
he has consistently refused to answer that question, why, for his answer shall be self incriminating and just for the record, I never called him a name, no not once, i merely commented on the content of his post, in that it was incoherent with the rest of scripture, and that he shows a remarkable propensity for accusing others of bigotry and hypocrisy. this can hardly be construed as name calling, can it.
Maybe he will answer. It will be intersting if he does.

T

Moves
30 Aug 09
2 edits

I didn't say that you called ME a name, did I? I said that you were calling names, i.e. using epithets.

The interesting thing is that neither of you are even attempting to address the points of my posts. You just make disparaging comments that are largely, if not completely without content and ask non-relevant questions such as "Are you a non sinning human?" The answer to this question has absolutely no bearing on what Jesus taught. It's a cheap device used to avoid the issues. Just as using epithets are a cheap device to avoid the issues.

Is this behavior typical of JWs?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Aug 09

I didn't say that you called ME a name, did I? I said that you were calling names, i.e. using epithets.

The interesting thing is that neither of you are even attempting to address the points of my posts. You just make disparaging comments that are largely, if not completely without content and ask non-relevant questions such as "Are you a non sinning ...[text shortened]... s using epithets are a cheap device to avoid the issues.

Is this behavior typical of JWs?
Are you ashamed to say you don't sin? If you don't sin then I would think you would want all to know...

T

Moves
30 Aug 09
1 edit

Are you ashamed to say you don't sin? If you don't sin then I would think you would want all to know...
And the cheap device continues....

Here you have a chance to speak to the issues by using reason as a means of persuasion, yet you seem to have only cheap devices at your disposal.

Are you a credit to JWs everywhere? Is this the way you are taught to evangelize?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Aug 09

Here you have a chance to speak to the issues by using reason as a means of persuasion, yet you seem to have only cheap devices at your disposal.

Are you a credit to JWs everywhere? It this the way you are taught to evangelize?
Your obviously afraid to answer such a simple question. Is it really that hard for you?
But since you are not then the answer is "yes" you are perfect and do not sin.
So that would mean a few things. Here are a couple easy ones.
First you are equal to Christ and since your here then Jesus didn't have to come and be the sacrifice that was needed.
Second you will not die, as a perfect human does not get sick and age and die.
This is amazing. I could go on and on with this line of reasoning.

rc

Moves
30 Aug 09

Are you a credit to JWs everywhere? Is this the way you are taught to evangelize?
i do not think that one can term the revealed word of God, a cheap tool of persuasion, for we are not 'peddlars', of the word as Paul puts it. It has been pointed out to you, the the Bible states that all are sinners. You were asked a very simple and sincere question, whether you consider yourself to be a sinner or not. it is not a question filled with guile, is it, in fact, i do not think that the question could be more simple or plainer, on the contrary, it seems quite apparent, that it may be useful for your purposes to avoid the question, with fabricated assertions of name calling and references to cheap tricks.

T

Moves
30 Aug 09

i do not think that one can term the revealed word of God, a cheap tool of persuasion, for we are not 'peddlars', of the word as Paul puts it. It has been pointed out to you, the the Bible states that all are sinners. You were asked a very simple and sincere question, whether you consider yourself to be a sinner or not. it is not a question filled ...[text shortened]... avoid the question, with fabricated assertions of name calling and references to cheap tricks.
And yet you both continue to avoid directly addressing the following:

Read how the two passages of the teachings of Jesus give a consistent portrayal of sin, righteousness, and the requirement for entering the kingdom of God:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. ...If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

"For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven....you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

If you believe these teachings to be "incoherent" and "distorted", then show how they are.

The fact that you not address them directly speaks volumes.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Aug 09

Read how the two passages of the teachings of Jesus give a consistent portrayal of sin, righteousness, and the requirement for entering the kingdom of God:

"Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; ...[text shortened]... en show how they are.

This is funny. You answer mine first and I promise I'll answer yours. How's that?

T

Moves
30 Aug 09

This is funny. You answer mine first and I promise I'll answer yours. How's that?

"Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever. ...If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."

"For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven....you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."

If you believe these teachings to be "incoherent" and "distorted", then show how they are.

rc

Moves
30 Aug 09
1 edit

(Matthew 21:23-27) . . .Now after he went into the temple, the chief priests and the older men of the people came up to him while he was teaching and said: “By what authority do you do these things? And who gave you this authority?”  In reply Jesus said to them: “I, also, will ask you one thing. If you tell it to me, I also will tell you by what authority I do these things:  The baptism by John, from what source was it? From heaven or from men?” But they began to reason among themselves, saying: “If we say, ‘From heaven,’ he will say to us, ‘Why, then, did you not believe him?’  If, though, we say, ‘From men,’ we have the crowd to fear, for they all hold John as a prophet.”  So in answer to Jesus they said: “We do not know.” He, in turn, said to them: “Neither am I telling you by what authority I do these things.

Lol, some things never change.

rc

Moves
30 Aug 09
2 edits

"Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; en show how they are.

they are incoherent and distorted, not in themselves, but because you, have taken them out of context from the rest of the bible, which makes them by your interpretation, incoherent and distorted as is self evident form your inaccurate evaluation of Paul words and the words of the ancient bible writes as a whole. You will continue to have a distorted and incoherent interpretation, which has been pointed out to you, until you are able to reconcile them to the context of the bible as a whole, and which in my opinion leads to self righteousness and condemnation of others.

T

Moves
30 Aug 09

they are incoherent and distorted, not in themselves, but because you, have taken them out of context from the rest of the bible, which makes them by your interpretation, incoherent and distorted as is self evident form your inaccurate evaluation of Paul words and the words of the ancient bible writes as a whole. You will continue to have a distorted ...[text shortened]... ible as a whole, and which in my opinion leads to self righteousness and condemnation of others.
The teachings of Paul contradict the teachings of Jesus, so of course they do not cohere.

From what I can tell, you and others "reconcile" them by distorting the teachings of Jesus.

If you can reconcile them without changing what Jesus explicitly states, then here's your chance to do so.