What is your most regrettable past belief?

What is your most regrettable past belief?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 May 18
3 edits

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
I figure you ask weird questions like this to collect data on others for use later when you want to exploit them or pile it on in some group attack on their character.
I once shared in this forum that my birth mother had committed suicide when I was a child; obviously a piece of deeply personal information that was later used by another poster to troll me by flippantly floating it as a reason why he felt my posting behaviour did not meet his expectations.

How do you feel about this person doing this and had you known them at the time, would you somehow have allowed this event to pass you by without comment or juncture based on who the protagonists were and your relationship to them in this forum?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 May 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
I once shared in this forum that my birth mother had committed suicide when I was a child; obviously a piece of deeply personal information that was later used by another poster to troll me by flippantly floting it as a reason why he felt my posting behaviour did not meet his expectations.

How do you feel about this person doing this and had you of ...[text shortened]... ment or juncture based on who the protagonists were and your relationship to them in this forum?
So you got upset when Becker brought it up but not when Kiddo brought it up and you’re asking Tom if he would have let it slide based on his relationship to who was doing it?

That’s exactly what you did!

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 May 18

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Post alerted.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Post alerted.
FMF admitted to hanging out with racists!

Here’s his quote:

“When I was about 15, in a swirl of certain music, hurtling uncontemplated peer group pressure and loyalty, and lurking on a Saturday morning with no good intent ~ while nursing a can of Tizer ~ at the 'Golden Egg' in the High Street, I went through a phase of being ambivalent - and passive - about the behaviour of boisterously racist friends.”

You’re known by the company you keep, Heartpence.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 May 18

Post alerted.
Trying to get me banned? I guess those pratfalls are really getting to you. Why blame me for them? I told you to avoid substance.

F

Moves
31 May 18
1 edit

Post alerted.
The whole point of the story in the OP was that I wasn't racist ~ I wasn't a racist before that 'Golden Egg' era ~ I was passive and unassertive in the company of racist 'friends' for a short period at the age of 15 ~ and have not been a racist in the almost 40 years since. That was what the OP account was about.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 May 18

Originally posted by @fmf
The whole point of the story in the OP was that I wasn't racist ~ I wasn't a racist before that 'Golden Egg' era ~ I was passive and unassertive in the company of racist 'friends' for a short period at the age of 15 ~ and have not been a racist in the almost 40 years since. That was what the OP account was about.
My apologies for misunderstanding. I was going by the old adage, “You’re known by the company you keep.” I thought you were that way as a youth and then grew out of it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 May 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
The account, its meaning and the moral message in your OP is absolutely clear.

It is interesting to observe the howling salivations of your detractors as they trample through the discusion opportunity like hyenas fighting in a flower bed over a piece of yesterday’s rotting flesh.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 May 18

It is interesting to observe the howling salivations of your detractors as they trample through the discusion opportunity like hyenas fighting in a flower bed over a piece of yesterday’s rotting flesh.
<<It is interesting to observe the howling salivations of your detractors as they trample through the discusion opportunity like hyenas fighting in a flower bed over a piece of yesterday’s rotting flesh.>>

This was an absolutely lovely piece of writing, tiger. I think I’m going to put it on the refrigerator.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 May 18

<<The account, its meaning and the moral message in your OP is absolutely clear.>>

But do you agree that the opening sentence in the OP is the Mount Everest of convoluted run-on sentences and would be hell to diagram?

I bet Miss Alawat would be mightily impressed if you offered to diagram that sentence for extra credit.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 May 18

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 May 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Classic passive aggressive. Randomly offer up "personal information" then imply later that someone will immorally use it against you. So you enjoyed hanging out with racists--and now you've told everybody about it whether they wanted to hear it or not.. I'm not going to hold that against you. You're the one that has to live with it. That's punishment enough.
4 posts by you which add nothing to the topic and serve only for you to vent your little spleen on a poster whom presumably does not benefit from the beneficence of your bullshlt claims of Christian brotherly love. This thread is about principles being bent by the association with the people around you. Classic RHP spirituality forum meat on the bone debate material.

Pathetic effort Tom Wolsey -

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
31 May 18
1 edit

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a quality OP be torn down to partisan levels of vicious invective so quickly in all my years hear.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 May 18

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a quality OP be torn down to partisan levels of vicious invective so quickly in all my years year.
I was seeking clarity on the OP.

How could Kiddo have possibly known his loyalty to his racist pals wasn’t recognized or appreciated based on his encountering a trolling victim in an airport?

Unless one of his former racist pals also was in the airport and told him, “You know, Kiddo, we really didn’t recognize or appreciate your loyalty way back when.”

And why wouldn’t the trolling victim being all no biggie about the decades-old trolling not have set things right? Obviously the trolling victim didn’t care, unless he was being insincere when he told Kiddo “no biggie.” But Kiddo didn’t say his “no biggie” was insincere.

There’s a lot of unanswered questions in that OP, tiger. I liked your hyena story much better.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 May 18

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a quality OP be torn down to partisan levels of vicious invective so quickly in all my years hear.
Not to belabor my questions with the OP, tiger, but how is what Kiddo wrote a “past belief?” It’s past behavior and past inaction, but a past belief?

Do you see why I liked your story about the hyenas so much better? It was so descriptive. I felt like I was watching the hyenas tear apart a rotting piece of flesh as I read it.

Well done, tiger!