What is your faviorte Bible verse and why?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I

Club 64

Moves
25 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
I tend to avoid answering that kind of question because I believe in doing what Christ said to do. That must come first. Studing the Bible and reading and researching etc etc are secondary.
What did Christ say to do? Are you talking about witnessing or...what? I'm not following...

M

Moves
25 Aug 07

It seems like all of the discussions here eventually turn to the same thing doesn't it?

My view is it doesn't matter what you believe. Romans (I think) teaches us that it doesn't matter if one christian doesn't eat certain things, and another christian eats all things. As long as you believe in God and Jesus Christ. I remember when I was a young child we were having a discussion at church with our youth pastor about evolution and he said it' doesn't really matter what you believe about the small details, as long as your heart is in the right place.

So there's no need to fight over things like Evolution and the Creation theory, it's all basically meaningless. Personally I think God places these things in our path to test who really are the true believers and whose faith is easily disrupted by science and other things.

I

Club 64

Moves
25 Aug 07

Originally posted by MoneyMaker7
It seems like all of the discussions here eventually turn to the same thing doesn't it?

My view is it doesn't matter what you believe. Romans (I think) teaches us that it doesn't matter if one christian doesn't eat certain things, and another christian eats all things. As long as you believe in God and Jesus Christ. I remember when I was a young child ...[text shortened]... are the true believers and whose faith is easily disrupted by science and other things.
A true Christian doesn't believe in the evolution theory...

Believing in God is good, but it says in James 2:19: "You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror."

You must believe that Jesus died on the cross to pay for your sins...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Aug 07

Originally posted by MoneyMaker7

My view is it doesn't matter what you believe. Romans (I think) teaches us that it doesn't matter if one christian doesn't eat certain things, and another christian eats all things. As long as you believe in God and Jesus Christ. I remember when I was a young child ...[text shortened]... are the true believers and whose faith is easily disrupted by science and other things.
Well said.

Illinois

Moves
26 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Ironstar

Believing in God is good, but it says in James 2:19: "You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror."

So what exactly prevents a person from being able believe in both Jesus Christ and evolution? Please be specific.

j

Moves
26 Aug 07

I think Jesus Christ is willing to enter into a person to regenerate them without regard to their belief in evolution or in Genesis.

I just don't think that it is that difficult to become a Christian. You really simply believe that Christ IS and can be known.

Initially, you really do not have to know that much. I think I probably believed in Evolution on the day I called upon Jesus to save me. He came to me

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Aug 07
7 edits

The vast majority of Americans are God-faring Christians.
So if you are not one of them, then you belong to a minority group - atheists maybe ?
If the vast majority live in fear of this superstition...

Why do most Americans not go to church regularly?

Doesn't sound like there's a lot of fear there.

Evangelicals - that is, Christian zealots or fanatics - are not in power in Congress. They've been voted out. Wonder what that means? Every group which is not evangelical or Mormon opposes the Republicans. They're a monoreligious zealot organization.

The number of Christians is decreasing in America as well, while the number of non Christians is increasing. This has been a long term trend. Before 1776 you had regular church attendance at the 80% level, not the 40% or less we see today.

Also - which denomination of Christianity are you referring to? If you pick any one denomination, you'll find that the vast majority are not that denomination. So what?

The Christian population is aging as well. This is because young people are rejecting Christianity. The youth are the future.

By the way, did you know that religion causes stupidity? I can provide studies if you like.

Here's a good quote:

The religious persecution that drove settlers from Europe to the British North American colonies sprang from the conviction, held by Protestants and Catholics alike, that uniformity of religion must exist in any given society. This conviction rested on the belief that there was one true religion and that it was the duty of the civil authorities to impose it, forcibly if necessary, in the interest of saving the souls of all citizens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_history_of_the_United_States

Why are some Americans trying to reclaim this failed European religious attitude?

There is no mention of religion in the Constitution other than that the government needs to stay out of it. Hardly the defining document of a "Christian country".

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by Ironstar

Well there ya go. The vast majority of Americans are apparently not Christians after all.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Well there ya go. The vast majority of Americans are apparently not Christians after all.
Not TRUE Christians.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Aug 07

Not TRUE Christians.
You seem to imply that false Christians are indeed Christians. Do you really believe that?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
27 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
If the vast majority live in fear of this superstition...

Why do most Americans not go to church regularly?

Doesn't sound like there's a lot of fear there.

Evangelicals - that is, Christian zealots or fanatics - are not in power in Congress. They've been voted out. Wonder what that means? Every group which is not evangelical or Mormon oppo ernment needs to stay out of it. Hardly the defining document of a "Christian country".
America is a Christian country. Saudi Arabia is an Islamic country.
Not all Saudis are Muslims and not all Americans are Christians.
But you will find that the influence of the religion is there ... it is apparent in every aspect of the lives of the people and in their government. Now this is a generalisation so I dont need you to tell me that there are exceptions.

You stated that ".....Christians have far too much political influence and are making bad decisions because of their superstitions" . Regardless of how many people dont go to church and how many become atheists, you wont be able to shake off the influence of Christianity in the lives of people for hundreds of years, if at all. People like you will remain in the minority. The fact that church attendance has dropped is of no consequence. I am an devout Christian and I dont go to church at all.

Can you tell me what bad decisions have been made by those with political influence, that can be traced back to Christianity.

"In God we Trust !"

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
27 Aug 07
1 edit

Originally posted by LivingForJesus
Proverbs 18: 22 He who finds a wife finds what is good
and receives favor from the LORD.

No reason for being my favorite, I guess it just speaks for itself.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Aug 07
1 edit

America is a Christian country. Saudi Arabia is an Islamic country.
Not all Saudis are Christians and not all Americans are Christians.
But you will find that the influence of the religion is there ... it is apparent in every aspect of the lives of the people and in their government. Now this is a generalisation so I dont need you to tell me that there are political influence, that can be traced back to Christianity.

[b]"In God we Trust !"
[/b]
Saudi Arabia in 1992 declared the Quran is the constitution of the country. PLEASE tell me where the analogous reference to the Bible is in our Constitution.

The influence of Christianity is in our country, as is the influence of Judaism and Islam. You don't think Islam and Judaism don't influence the US, do you?!

Can you tell me what bad decisions have been made by those with political influence, that can be traced back to Christianity.

Evangelical Christians elected Bush.

Religion has a negative correlation with intelligence. Evangelical Christians have been trying to influence education with their idiotic non-hypothesis ID and the like. Another example is their suppression of sex education.

Legal abortion has been shown to correlate with decreased crime, but the religious right opposes it on religious grounds.

Many evangelicals support Israel without reservation due to their religious beliefs.

George Bush has supported "faith based initiatives" instead of merit based ones. $2.1 billion has gone to fund these religious organizations simply because they're religious.

Bush chose the word "Crusade" when talking about the US being involved in Middle East violence.

How's that for starters?

"In God We Trust", as well as the religious part of the Pledge of Allegience were added by religious zealots, by the way. This is an example of the hijacking of the US by the Christian zealots. The US was NOT traditionally a "Christian country" but has rather been taken over by politically aggressive Christian zealots. I've just decided to do the same thing. It worked for them and it's working for us now.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Aug 07

Originally posted by RBHILL
Proverbs 18: 22 He who finds a wife finds what is good
and receives favor from the LORD.

No reason for being my favorite, I guess it just speaks for itself.
I guess God doesn't like ugly people.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
27 Aug 07
1 edit

It's very interesting to compare the current War On Terror with the War On the Barbary Pirates. The latter went extremely smoothly, the former not so much. The latter was marked by a clear statement by the US that we are NOT a Christian country. The former is marked by the US being manipulated by religious zealots and percieved my many, Americans and not, as being a "Christian country".