What is paradise supposed to be?

What is paradise supposed to be?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

England

Moves
15 Mar 11

Originally posted by ua41
If there's no desires of the flesh, what's the point in being pain, sick and worry free?

Paradise is what you make the stuff in front of you out to be
purity of spirit, doing gods work

m
Ajarn

Wat?

Moves
15 Mar 11

Originally posted by stoker
purity of spirit, doing gods work
Or purity of spirit, doing mans' work.

rc

Moves
15 Mar 11
1 edit

was not that after they were cast out of the garden, or when they were getting cast out god still spoke to them. telling them to go out and multiply giving man the burden ot heavy labour and the woman child birth.
No it was before, furthermore the scriptures state quite clearly that they had Gods blessing,

(Genesis 1:27-28) . . .And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.  Further, God blessed them and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth and subdue it, and have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”

s

England

Moves
16 Mar 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
No it was before, furthermore the scriptures state quite clearly that they had Gods blessing,

(Genesis 1:27-28) . . .And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.  Further, [b]God blessed them and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many and fill the earth
and subdue it ...[text shortened]... nd the flying creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving upon the earth.”[/b]
i will check it out soon

rc

Moves
16 Mar 11

i will check it out soon
you know its true! ๐Ÿ™‚

Moves
16 Mar 11

Originally posted by Seitse
I mean, in general. Isn't it the place where we are all
supposed to be free from the burdens of physical life?
The way I see it, any self-respecting religion based on
the improvement of the fleshy us into a higher level
of spirituality, should "offer" a paradise where those
ideals are materialized: brotherhood, lack of need,
higher knowledge, peace, h ...[text shortened]... mean... seriously. That does not sound like a "higher
version of a human being", does it?
It would seem one would have to differentiate between Paradise in the physical sense and Paradise in the spiritual sense. Insofar as Christianity is concerned, I find no evidence that Jesus was referring to the temporal where Paradise is concerned.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 11

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
More to the point will be the fact that all Organised Religions have spoken about Heaven and Hell ! Hindu Religious creed is that all the people who have earned Merit on balance by doing Good Deeds go to heaven and enjoy the company of Gods,enjoy all sorts of pleasures and so on as rewards. Bad people who have done Bad Deeds on balance go to hell where t ...[text shortened]... cles of Life and Death.
We are told that we must escape this cyclic journey by yielding to God.
I thought there was no concept of an eternal hell in Hiduism, only purgatory.
While this may seem like a really, really long time, it surely is not forever.
It would not make sense. You would get used to the punishment if it was eternal and therefore negate spiritual evolution, which says that all "souls" eventually reach Nirvana.

Then again , if one believes in something strongly enough....

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 11

In any case, it is only human to aspire to a
higher level of spirituality, to find answers,
to "see it all clear".

Not to fondle teens and bugger boys while
boozing and gagging on fruit... or is it?
We will evolve to keep up with Mother Earth evolving, for She has decided to do so.
We will move from a diet of burgers and fries to a diet of pure light

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 11

Originally posted by mikelom
Or purity of spirit, doing mans' work.
Or purity of spirit: doing ones own (inner) work.

Get tough!!
Tough as nails!!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 11

Originally posted by Badwater
It would seem one would have to differentiate between Paradise in the physical sense and Paradise in the spiritual sense. Insofar as Christianity is concerned, I find no evidence that Jesus was referring to the temporal where Paradise is concerned.
Agreed.

Hi Badwater, hope you been keeping well๐Ÿ™‚

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
18 Mar 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I thought there was no concept of an eternal hell in Hiduism, only purgatory.
While this may seem like a really, really long time, it surely is not forever.
It would not make sense. You would get used to the punishment if it was eternal and therefore negate spiritual evolution, which says that all "souls" eventually reach Nirvana.

Then again , if one believes in something strongly enough....
Well,I did say that the in the Hindu Religious Creed,you have to face punishment for being a person who has done bad deeds in the balance and that the Soul gets reborn into another life after the punishment is over. In Hindu Creed, Hell is not for ever nor is Heaven for ever.
But you may note that this is a creed.In the loosely structured Hinduism,the higher level thinkers have nothing to say about heaven/hell but they simply say that you get born and reborn and suffer/enjoy as per your net bad/good Karma balance. They say we must escape from this cycle of birth and rebirth to achieve eternal piece.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
18 Mar 11
1 edit

In any case, it is only human to aspire to a
higher level of spirituality, to find answers,
to "see it all clear".

Not to fondle teens and bugger boys while
boozing and gagging on fruit... or is it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs

Where does the "buggering boys" come from? That's not something Islam is officially in favor of from what I understand.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
18 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
Well,I did say that the in the Hindu Religious Creed,you have to face punishment for being a person who has done bad deeds in the balance and that the Soul gets reborn into another life after the punishment is over. In Hindu Creed, Hell is not for ever nor is Heaven for ever.
But you may note that this is a creed.In the loosely structured Hinduism,the hi ...[text shortened]... balance. They say we must escape from this cycle of birth and rebirth to achieve eternal piece.
Yes but would not eternal peace be synonomous with "heaven"?

Surely time and space and the second law of thermodynamics do not apply in higher dimensions.

Moves
19 Mar 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yes but would not eternal peace be synonomous with "heaven"?

Surely time and space and the second law of thermodynamics do not apply in higher dimensions.

Moves
19 Mar 11

Originally posted by JS357
Who is to say?