What is an Atheist?

What is an Atheist?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by googlefudge
Saw it, didn't like it.

We have different tastes.

The difference is that you seem to want to tell me that the things I like are crap, rather than you simply didn't like them...

Why is that?
"Saw it, didn't like it."

didnt like it!!!! didnt like it!!!! how could you not like it!!! it had spaceships and killer robots!!!!!!! and a subversive intellectual plot that dealt with all kinds of tough issues, in particular a clever twist on suicide bombing and terrorism controversially asking questions about the morality of the act during a politically sensitive time..........and it had hot ladies, ahem.

"We have different tastes."

no, you have none (when it comes to sci-fi tv). where i am blessed with the taste skills of a man made of nothing but tongues and noses.

"The difference is that you seem to want to tell me that the things I like are crap, rather than you simply didn't like them..."

its true i do enjoy telling people that their taste in films, tv and music are crap. its a case of attack or be attacked when it comes to these things in my world.

Why is that?

small penis.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Nov 12

No, it's hogwash if things don't agree with reality.

Critics are perfectly entitled to have their own tastes just like anyone else.

However their job is to review what they are watching 'not just for people with their particular tastes'.

A good reviewer might (should) mention that fact that they do or do not personally like something,
but they ...[text shortened]... They saw what they expected to see not what actually happened on screen.

Thus hogwash.
Yes, I too have seen movies with my family that we all enjoyed, but may not have gone to see if we had read the review first. So there are differences of opinion on what is good and bad.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
08 Nov 12

Why do you feel the need to insult the programs I/we like and rather unsubtly us as well?
rather than just accept the fact that different people have different tastes?

What makes you think (decide to claim) that because your tastes are different that they are better?
"What makes you think (decide to claim) that because your tastes are different that they are better?"

It's not about better or worse, it is about how different I am genuinely surprised at how different some peoples tastes are from mine.

This from Twhitehead

"I think Firefly was probably the best American TV series I have watched in the last 10 years or so"

Has got to be a wind up,

I think it is the fervor of the fans attachment to these soap operas in space that generates a less than polite reaction.

"Why do you feel the need to insult the programs I/we like and rather unsubtly us as well?"

I refer you to stellspalfie's earlier answer.

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by kevcvs57
There is a definite pattern forming with regard to clever, strong atheist's, they like crappy, frothy T.V.

Hard not to enjoy the one dimensional escapism of The Avengers, but why anyone over the age of 13 would sit through more than one or two episodes of the others on the list: well it must be a 'wind up'.

I can only assume they represent a bubble b ...[text shortened]... Blakes 7'.

Oh there you go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=pnautWFuEnQ
we all like a bit of frothy t.v. ive been known to watch a bit of...........not sure i should admit this but..............xfactor............there im out of the closet, phew i feel much lighter now its out.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by stellspalfie
we all like a bit of frothy t.v. ive been known to watch a bit of...........not sure i should admit this but..............xfactor............there im out of the closet, phew i feel much lighter now its out.
Me too, not X factor, yuk, I like Dr Who, Fringe, and yes even 'Primeval' for which I get slagged by everyone I know, I would not claim any quality for any of them I just like em.

Moves
08 Nov 12

Me too, not X factor, yuk, I like Dr Who, Fringe, and yes even 'Primeval' for which I get slagged by everyone I know, I would not claim any quality for any of them I just like em.
ha! primeval!!!!! why dont all the characters carry really big guns..they almost die on a weakly basis and yet the youngish guy and the girl from s club 7 never take guns!! i love the fact they decided the dinosaurs can only appear in north london, so they could save money on location costs and not have to travel far from the filming studios. only watched the first half of season one of fringe so cant comment on that one. less said about dr who the better.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
08 Nov 12

ha! primeval!!!!! why dont all the characters carry really big guns..they almost die on a weakly basis and yet the youngish guy and the girl from s club 7 never take guns!! i love the fact they decided the dinosaurs can only appear in north london, so they could save money on location costs and not have to travel far from the filming studios. only watch ...[text shortened]... rst half of season one of fringe so cant comment on that one. less said about dr who the better.
I know, brilliant or what, the subtle interplay of utter nonsense with bad acting and dodgy set's, I think the whole sub genre can be traced back to a 'roll in the hay' between 'Blakes 7' n 'Space 1999'.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Nov 12

did you see battlestar galactica? (the modern version) is was head and shoulders above firefly.
I have watched quite a lot of it but eventually got bored. Maybe I'll get back to it some day.
I rate firefly much higher.

Cape Town

Moves
08 Nov 12

I must add here that I think I rate two Korean TV series above anything else I have watched:
Secret Garden and 49 Days.

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by twhitehead
I have watched quite a lot of it but eventually got bored. Maybe I'll get back to it some day.
I rate firefly much higher.
got bored!!!! if a man gets bored of space battles, he's bored of life!!!

i suppose it was hard to get bored with firefly as it was cancelled after 12 episodes.

Moves
08 Nov 12

I know, brilliant or what, the subtle interplay of utter nonsense with bad acting and dodgy set's, I think the whole sub genre can be traced back to a 'roll in the hay' between 'Blakes 7' n 'Space 1999'.
i was more of a buck rogers fan it was like one giant space disco. 'bidi bidi bidi, whats up buck.'

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
08 Nov 12

oi!!! suzianne, googlefudge and avalanchethecat, you whedon loving super-nerds, hear this!!

he writes decent 'witty banter' and characters. firefly had a good cast that delivered the lines well, other than that the show and its story lines were pretty dull, the 'wild west in space' and 'american civil war' vibe was too obvious and made it feel slight ...[text shortened]... d yet to deliver a real bit of quality.

so put that in your geek pipe and smoke it!!!
Well it takes all sorts dunnit? There's plenty of room in my viewing schedule for SF, and I loved the old west vibe. Battlestar Galactica on the other hand bored me rigid, I never got past the third episode.

Moves
08 Nov 12

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Well it takes all sorts dunnit? There's plenty of room in my viewing schedule for SF, and I loved the old west vibe. Battlestar Galactica on the other hand bored me rigid, I never got past the third episode.
but...but...it had robots...what about the robots.....and...spaceships...lots of spaceships....and so many analogies....and the robots..did i mention the robots.......oh,i give up.

whedon still sucks like sucky thing though!!!!

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
08 Nov 12

but...but...it had robots...what about the robots.....and...spaceships...lots of spaceships....and so many analogies....and the robots..did i mention the robots.......oh,i give up.

whedon still sucks like sucky thing though!!!!
Yeah, some other guy told me it was amAAAAAAZing, that's why I started watching it. Prior to this advice I used to value his views on tv and films.

s

Moves
15 Dec 12

An Atheist is one who disputes your assertion that you know there is a God or Gods.