What is a “bible believing Christian”?

What is a “bible believing Christian”?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Aug 22

@fmf said
Make of it what you will.
Ok 👍

F

Moves
21 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
This, like many other things that do not depend on us accepting or rejecting them,
reality is exactly what it is, regardless of our opinions about it.
Your opinion that what you believe is true/reality/accurate is also just your opinion. Yes, you believe your religious beliefs make you immortal. I get it. You claim that believing this is based on "logic" and "evidence". I get it. You repeat over and over and over again that me not believing the same things as you doesn't alter the fact that they [your opinions] are supposedly "the truth". Good for you.

F

Moves
21 Aug 22

@savedbygrace said
Ok 👍
You talking about poor people being more likely to be put to death than rich people adds exactly what to the discussion of the "righteousness" of capital punishment?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Aug 22

@fmf said
You talking about poor people being more likely to be put to death than rich people adds exactly what to the discussion of the "righteousness" of capital punishment?
I was addressing a post of yours, and as such, my post was completely relevant and, if I do say so myself, succinct and bang-on target.

F

Moves
21 Aug 22

@savedbygrace said
I was addressing a post of yours, and as such, my post was completely relevant and, if I do say so myself, succinct and bang-on target.
The discussion is about the supposed "righteousness" of capital punishment. Quibbling the exact nature of the victimization caused by systematic prejudice / institutionalized inequality is a red herring. This is a forum made up of conversational contexts.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Aug 22

@fmf said
The discussion is about the supposed "righteousness" of capital punishment. Quibbling the exact nature of the victimization caused by systematic prejudice / institutionalized inequality is a red herring. This is a forum made up of conversational contexts.
Ok 👍

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Aug 22

@fmf said
Your opinion that what you believe is true/reality/accurate is also just your opinion. Yes, you believe your religious beliefs make you immortal. I get it. You claim that believing this is based on "logic" and "evidence". I get it. You repeat over and over and over again that me not believing the same things as you doesn't alter the fact that they [your opinions] are supposedly "the truth". Good for you.
Limiting truth to opinions simply dilutes any truth to nothing but what we make
of it between our ears.

F

Moves
21 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
of it between our ears.
All you or I have with regard to the "truth" in these matters is what the stuff between our ears comes up with, i.e. opinions, "limited" as they may be.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
21 Aug 22

@fmf said
All you or I have with regard to the "truth" in these matters is what the stuff between our ears comes up with, i.e. opinions, "limited" as they may be.
We live in reality, and we can have opinions about it, but it doesn't change because
of those opinions. If all your truth is just the stuff between your ears, you live in a
very little world.

F

Moves
21 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
If all your truth is just the stuff between your ears, you live in a
very little world.
All our opinions about "the truth" are produced by the stuff between our ears. This has absolutely no impact on the size of the world we both live in.

F

Moves
21 Aug 22

@kellyjay said
of it between our ears.
No one is "limiting truth"; we are both merely sharing our perspectives on what it is.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Aug 22

@fmf said
No one is "limiting truth"; we are both merely sharing our perspectives on what it is.
Pontius Pilate asked that question of Jesus Christ. Jesus’ statement on the question of what is truth appeared in John 14:6

F

Moves
21 Aug 22

@savedbygrace said
Pontius Pilate asked that question of Jesus Christ. Jesus’ statement on the question of what is truth appeared in John 14:6
Be that as it may, but I am not religious.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
21 Aug 22

@fmf said
Be that as it may, but I am not religious.
Whether you’re religious or not has no bearing on the question. The truth of something does not depend on anyone’s belief in it.

F

Moves
21 Aug 22

@savedbygrace said
Whether you’re religious or not has no bearing on the question. The truth of something does not depend on anyone’s belief in it.
I am not religious and I don't believe that the scripture from your religion sheds light on "the truth" other than it states a subjective perspective shared by adherents of your religion.