1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 00:08
    @fmf said
    There's really no point appealing to stuff I haven't believed for two decades. That would be you scraping the rhetorical barrel.
    Don't ask questions you don't want to see the answers for spanky! You claim to be
    an ex-Christian, so you know what it was Jesus did and what it costs Him.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 02:11
    @kellyjay said
    Don't ask questions you don't want to see the answers for spanky!
    You aren't explaining what he sacrificed. He did something, I get that. But he didn't lose anything. He was God before. He was God during it. And he was still God afterwards. In such circumstances, a few hours of physical pain cannot be described as sacrifice. You aren't answering the question.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 02:13
    @kellyjay said
    You claim to be
    an ex-Christian, so you know what it was Jesus did and what it costs Him.
    What I may or may not have believed in the 1970s, 1980, and 1990s, shouldn't be preventing you from answering a simple question about what YOU believe in 2022
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 03:02
    @fmf said
    You aren't explaining what he sacrificed. He did something, I get that. But he didn't lose anything. He was God before. He was God during it. And he was still God afterwards. In such circumstances, a few hours of physical pain cannot be described as sacrifice. You aren't answering the question.
    He who never knew sin became sin on our behalf, who was never separated from the Father was separated and punished by the Father for every stinking evil thing you ever did in your life out of His love for you, and you turned your back on Him, even denying Him. So what was done for you apparently was done in vain as it looks now.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 03:03
    @fmf said
    What I may or may not have believed in the 1970s, 1980, and 1990s, shouldn't be preventing you from answering a simple question about what YOU believe in 2022
    Don't need or want to know what you believed then, you have turned your back on Him now, and what was is completely unimportant.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 03:17
    @kellyjay said
    Don't need or want to know what you believed then, you have turned your back on Him now, and what was is completely unimportant.
    And yet you keep referring to it - rather evasively - as if it were a relevant 'debating point'.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 03:18
    @kellyjay said
    He who never knew sin became sin on our behalf, who was never separated from the Father was separated and punished by the Father for every stinking evil thing you ever did in your life out of His love for you, and you turned your back on Him, even denying Him.
    He's still God. What has been lost? What is the sacrifice?
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 03:22
    @kellyjay said
    So what was done for you apparently was done in vain as it looks now.
    I understand 100% that you believe [1] your God figure has done something for me and that [2] it was "apparently done in vain", but the Jesus figure in your narrative was never not-God, he didn't give up his life, you believe he is still alive, you believe your God figure is still intact and whole, so where is the sacrifice?
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 09:36
    @fmf said
    He became sin for our sakes so we can be forgiven, you don't see that as a sacrifice
    no small wonder you are an Anti-Christ.
  10. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 09:39
    @rajk999 said
    There is no good answer here. From a human standpoint Jesus did nothing of great value. But that is not even an issue neither is it something anyone needs to believe. There are many righteous who will see the Kingdom of God without knowing a single thing about the reasons for the death and resurrection of Christ.

The sacrifice of Christ was an arrangement or promise God ha ...[text shortened]... nd to redeem from the earth all, from Adam to the end of the world, those who keep his commandments.
    So why didn't God just forgive Adam? After all, he's the one who sinned. Why all the rigmarole with banishment from the Garden and the rest of the human race and a flood and an incarnation and a resurrection?? God could have simply forgiven Adam and let him stay on in paradise. A father doesn't banish his child from the family home just because the child disobeys once, does he? What kind of love is that which banishes his beloved for the first transgression and condemns him and his offspring to death and disease and toil??

Jesus was given "authority to destroy Satan" you say. But who put a snake in the Garden in the first place, eh?
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 13:00
    @moonbus said
    So why didn't God just forgive Adam? After all, he's the one who sinned. Why all the rigmarole with banishment from the Garden and the rest of the human race and a flood and an incarnation and a resurrection?? God could have simply forgiven Adam and let him stay on in paradise. A father doesn't banish his child from the family home just because the child disobey ...[text shortened]... iven "authority to destroy Satan" you say. But who put a snake in the Garden in the first place, eh?
    All good relevant questions, to which I have no answers. All questions which I have also asked myself, and the church fails to answer as well [as can be seen here]. Im pretty sure that the Apostles would have grappled with some of these as well.

The bottom line is that while these may push someone away from the church or religion or belief in God, none of these will stop someone from living according to their conscience and doing the right thing. For these people the reward of life eternal awaits them and all questions will be answered.
  12. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 14:11
    @kellyjay said
    He who never knew sin became sin on our behalf, who was never separated from the Father was separated and punished by the Father for every stinking evil thing you ever did in your life out of His love for you, and you turned your back on Him, even denying Him. So what was done for you apparently was done in vain as it looks now.
    So are you saying Jesus is sin, if He is the same yesterday, today and forever? Did he accept and was punished for them, but still holy and not actual sin?
  13. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 14:20
    Since God allowed and knew that day would come for our sake is this the wrath of God on Christ. We also being his creation??
  14. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 14:46
    @fmf said
    You’re looking at it from an earthy standpoint and not knowing or understanding of what it also meant in a heavenly, earthly God Point of view.
  15. Joined
    20 May '16
    Moves
    15 Sep '22 14:59
    @fmf said
    And yet you keep referring to it - rather evasively - as if it were a relevant 'debating point'.
    Relevant, in understanding your words for the ability to discuss these things more effectively, yes.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree