"What are the temporal and eternal..."

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
31 May 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Online forums have the potential of becoming habit forming; I'll be back Monday.
So you said also to me in that strange PM you sent telling me how much you enjoyed some book. Which, on reflection and looking at the title, I suspect was some sort of passive-aggressive jab at me about something. Then you ignored my PM reply, presumably pretending that you were away on your two day sojourn, when in fact you were still in the other forums posting 24hours later. Very odd behaviour.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 May 15

Originally posted by divegeester
How far into my post did you get before you made your assumptions and stopped reading?
Not a viable answer to the question posed.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
31 May 15

So you said also to me in that strange PM you sent telling me how much you enjoyed some book. Which, on reflection and looking at the title, I suspect was some sort of passive-aggressive jab at me about something. Then you ignored my PM reply, presumably pretending that you were away on your two day sojourn, when in fact you were still in the other forums posting 24hours later. Very odd behaviour.
That's a strange post geester. With a touch of paranoia.

How do you know GB's plans hadn't changed? You're being too presumptuous, not to mention judgemental.

Moves
31 May 15

Originally posted by josephw
Not a viable answer to the question posed.
Good grief josephw, read my post to which you said indignantly "everyone has attitudes and behaviours, even you", and you will see that I was talking about similarities in attitudes and behaviours between certain posters. Not whether someone has them or not.

Talking to you, and Whodey is hard work.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Jun 15
1 edit

"The Man Who Never Was" is a novel I thoroughly enjoyed decades ago:

http://www.themanwhoneverwas.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049471/

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Never-Was-Counterintelligence/dp/1557504482

Now and then I take a recess from one or more or all of these public forums as well as my chess games. Why? To rest and regain my perspective. The intent of all of my Personal Messages is to communicate verbatim information not as a "passive-aggressive jab".

Moves
04 Jun 15
2 edits

"The Man Who Never Was" is a novel I thoroughly enjoyed decades ago:

http://www.themanwhoneverwas.com/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049471/

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Who-Never-Was-Counterintelligence/dp/1557504482

Now and then I take a recess from one or more or all of these public forums as well as my chess games. Why? To rest and regain my ...[text shortened]... f my Personal Messages is to communicate verbatim information not as a "passive-aggressive jab".
I didn't have any idea why you PM'd me, no idea why you thought I should read the book and no opportunity to ask you about it as you ignored my PMs despite being active on the site posting elsewhere for 24 hours after I sent them, and not as you claimed, taking a 2 day sabbatical. And now here you are feigning that you don't know what I'm talking about. I just find your behaviour very odd.

Moves
04 Jun 15

Originally posted by josephw
That's a strange post geester. With a touch of paranoia.

How do you know GB's plans hadn't changed? You're being too presumptuous, not to mention judgemental.
Nonsense. I've been here long enough to recognise GBs little games when I see them and this was one of them.

Moves
04 Jun 15

Now and then I take a recess from one or more or all of these public forums as well as my chess games. Why? To rest and regain my perspective.
But you we not taking a recess Grampy Bobby, you were posting in other forums for 24 hours after sending me the PM and receiving my replies, which for some reason better known to yourself, you ignored.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
04 Jun 15
2 edits

But you we not taking a recess Grampy Bobby, you were posting in other forums for 24 hours after sending me the PM and receiving my replies, which for some reason better known to yourself, you ignored.
What part of taking "a recess from one or more or all of these public forums" did you not understand? He's probably taking a break from certain unnamed posters as well.

Maybe his message was too subtle for you, because you work in a corporate environment where everyone speaks his mind and says exactly what he thinks.

edit: I don't know if that last part needs a honking big flashing sign or not.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jun 15

Nonsense. I've been here long enough to recognise GBs little games when I see them and this was one of them.
No games on this spirituality forum, only on the general forum and chess games. Why? Too much at stake for us all.

F

Moves
06 Jun 15

No games on this spirituality forum, only on the general forum and chess games. Why? Too much at stake for us all.
More than once I've had to ask you to refrain from PM-ing me and, when you went on to PM me anyway, I had to resort to calling you on it publicly. Your response was to suggest I block you. You do play "games", then, it seems. You also lied publicly on this forum about the nature of PMs we'd swapped about my brief lighthearted stint as "Nick Bourbaki". 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
More than once I've had to ask you to refrain from PM-ing me and, when you went on to PM me anyway, I had to resort to calling you on it publicly. Your response was to suggest I block you. You do play "games", then, it seems. You also lied publicly on this forum about the nature of PMs we'd swapped about my brief lighthearted stint as "Nick Bourbaki". 🙂
On what date did this event occur and has it occurred since?

F

Moves
06 Jun 15

On what date did this event occur and has it occurred since?
16th and 28th March, and 7th June last year.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 15

Originally posted by FMF
16th and 28th March, and 7th June last year.
Thank you.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
11 Jun 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
"What are the temporal and eternal benefits for someone who believes
in an after life to decide to become an agnostic or an atheist?"