1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 18:50
    @kellyjay said
    When your analysis and the flipping of a coin produces the same odds for a correct answer, your reasoning is worthless.
    My stance is not "flipping a coin".
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 18:54
    @kellyjay said
    Do you refer me to something that you claim cannot be answered? This more of your hard hitting analysis at work?
    I refer to the fact that this thread is about how speculation like yours - you choosing "to commit" - does not create a burden of proof for anyone else.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:00
    @kellyjay said
    You don’t have to do anything including replying to a question you admit that you have no idea about, and even the pondering of it you think cannot tell us anything. Head in sand!
    This kind of thing from you is not engaging anything I have said.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:11
    @fmf said
    My stance is not "flipping a coin".
    You don’t have a stance that would require a position and all you got is a, “No one knows” and well nothing. Even your no one knows is an accretion not a position due to reason. You can not even bring yourself to taking a side in a binary choice without being wishy washy. A mind is a terrible thing to waste!
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:11
    @kellyjay said
    You don’t have to do anything including replying to a question you admit that you have no idea about, and even the pondering of it you think cannot tell us anything. Head in sand!
    even the pondering of it you think cannot tell us anything

On the contrary, I think the kind of subjective conjecture that theists believe are absolute truths simply rooted in their own "pondering of it" tells us a lot about the human condition.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:13
    @kellyjay said
    You don’t have a stance that would require a position and all you got is a, “No one knows” and well nothing.
    "And well nothing"?

So you aren't reading my posts, then.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:15
    @fmf said
    This kind of thing from you is not engaging anything I have said.
    You have not answered my question and your changing that topic just shows you avoiding it, running away, attempting to confuse the issue, a rhetorical mind game.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:20
    @kellyjay said
    You can not even bring yourself to taking a side in a binary choice without being wishy washy.
    There is no onus to "take a side".The fact that the origin of the universe is a profound mystery does not require us, philosophically or morally, to "take a side" in the way that theists do. Perhaps the origin is explained by a creator entity; perhaps all we can know about the nature of this entity is the ever expanding insight that science gives us into the nature of the universe.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:21
    @kellyjay said
    You have not answered my question and your changing that topic just shows you avoiding it, running away, attempting to confuse the issue, a rhetorical mind game.
    Nonsense. The topic is in the OP.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:241 edit
    @kellyjay said
    A mind is a terrible thing to waste!
    You believe that our disagreement over this is caused by some problem with my intellect?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 19:30
    @fmf said
    Perhaps the origin is explained by a creator entity; perhaps all we can know about the nature of this entity is the ever expanding insight that science gives us into the nature of the universe.
    KellyJay, what do you think gives us the best insight that humans have into the nature of the creator entity, if there is one?
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 21:44
    @fmf said
    You believe that our disagreement over this is caused by some problem with my intellect?
    No, I think you have to avoid making concrete statements concerning things like
    mindlessness and mind to keep valid your worldview, you have no choice.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 21:45
    @fmf said
    KellyJay, what do you think gives us the best insight that humans have into the nature of the creator entity, if there is one?
    We were made in His image, so there are things about us that are completely
    different than the rest of the animal world. I agree some create gods in their
    image, but in the beginning, it was the other way around.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 21:58
    @kellyjay said
    We were made in His image, so there are things about us that are completely
    different than the rest of the animal world. I agree some create gods in their
    image, but in the beginning, it was the other way around.
    "His"? A man, a male?

"His image"? We were "made in" it, according to whom?

"Some create gods in their image, but in the beginning, it was the other way around"?

Ah, so you ARE talking about your religious beliefs, after all.

I asked you about this a couple of pages ago and you were disingenuous about it.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '22 22:02
    @kellyjay said
    No, I think you have to avoid making concrete statements concerning things like
    mindlessness and mind to keep valid your worldview, you have no choice.
    I have addressed your use of the words "mindlessness" and "mind" several times but you ignored them every time. You are not conversing in good faith.

We both know full well that, when you bandy about the terms "mindlessness" and "mind", it is inextricably tied up with your beliefs in an anthropomorphized entity - a "Him" - the Abrahamic God - in "whose image" you insist "we were made".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree