Was I forced to be a Christian for 25+ years?

Was I forced to be a Christian for 25+ years?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
02 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
I'm sure you would have repeated it if was worth repeating and if you had in fact talked about it in the first place.
I am not going to repeat it for exactly the reasons I have stated on the previous page ~ not to mention numerous times before. Are you pretending not to have read them? Why invent a reason of your own for my unwillingness to play along? On the previous page, mind you. Literally a matter of minutes ago.

F

Moves
02 Sep 17
2 edits

No that's not what I said. Reread what I wrote.
I don't need to reread it. My question springs directly from the what you said. This is how conversations are supposed to work. Did you keep your head down and pretend to go along with the cult's treatment of its victims "over a period of a few years" before leaving?

Moves
02 Sep 17

Originally posted by @fmf
I am not going to repeat it for exactly the reasons I have stated on the previous page ~ not to mention numerous times before. Are you pretending not to have read them? Why invent a reason of your own for my unwillingness to play along? On the previous page, mind you. Literally a matter of minutes ago.
Suit yourself. I still maintain if it is worth repeating you would.

F

Moves
02 Sep 17

Suit yourself. I still maintain if it is worth repeating you would.
It doesn't need to be repeated. You already know what I said [and what I believe] about the meaning and purpose that belief in Christ gives Christians. I've talked about it many times. We have talked about it at least several times. I have no need to repeat it. You'd only ask me about it again. And again.

Moves
02 Sep 17
1 edit

I don't need to reread it. My question springs directly from the what you said. This is how conversations are supposed to work. Did you keep your head down and pretend to go along with the cult's treatment of its victims "over a period of a few years" before leaving?
I have talked about this many times, including in posts that I addressed to you and which you presumably read. I am not interested in this game you play where you ask about the same things over and over again as if you hadn't read what I'd written previously.

See anyone can play your game.

F

Moves
02 Sep 17

I have talked about this many times, including in posts that I addressed to you and which you presumably read. I am not interested in this game you play where you ask about the same things over and over again as if you hadn't read what I'd written previously.
You see, from my point of view, it's interesting ~ and not a little amusing ~ to be mocked in public as being a robot, or braindead, or comatose, or having no coherent moral code, by a beyond-parody, inflexible, peculiarly unoriginal, doctrinaire cult victim ~ a victimhood that persisted long into your adult years, mind you ~ who has enormous difficulty in participating in genuine conversations with [or even merely listening to] people who have different beliefs or who've had different experiences.

And now here you are, as unoriginal as ever, trying to pass off my genuine on-target complaint about your modus operandi, by copy pasting what I said and changing words, as if it actually applied to my attempts to converse with you this evening, when it doesn't. Kind of teenage, if you ask me. You couldn't even come up with your own words to fire back as I probed a new facet of the damage your cult life caused. You are a poor advert for your belief system, to put it mildly.

Moves
02 Sep 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @suzianne
I know. I'm not interested.
Oh you are interested alright. You have since posted a 6 inch rant in reply.

Forget? 😉

Moves
02 Sep 17

Can you not remember a day where you committed your life to Jesus and decided to follow Him?
Yes I can.

Moves
03 Sep 17

You see, from my point of view, it's interesting ~ and not a little amusing ~ to be mocked in public as being a robot, or braindead, or comatose, or having no coherent moral code, by a beyond-parody, inflexible, peculiarly unoriginal, doctrinaire cult victim ~ a victimhood that persisted long into your adult years, mind you ~ who has enormous difficulty in part ...[text shortened]... he damage your cult life caused. You are a poor advert for your belief system, to put it mildly.
Whatever you say Dr Phil.

Moves
03 Sep 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
Yes I can.
Was it your choice or were you forced?

F

Moves
03 Sep 17

Whatever you say Dr Phil.
I am not some kind of "Dr Phil" at all. I am just an ordinary adult who is able to see you for what you are and deliver a few home truths.

You have admitted that your personal development still places you, for all intents and purposes, in your teenage years because of the damage done to you for most of your life.

When you grow up a little and shake off the cultish influence you have admitted still dogs you, you will perhaps be able to see that there is nothing "Dr Phil"-like about calling you out for your behaviour.

Moves
03 Sep 17
1 edit

Was it your choice or were you forced?
I've said this before I know and don't mean to be derogatory about it but you don't know your Bible well enough dj2becker/Fetchmyjunk.

I had no choice as the faith I was given was given by God. I also had no choice in seeking God. Scripture says...

“There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who seeks God. All have turned away, they have together become worthless; there is no one who does good, not even one.”
Romans 3:11

And again:

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them..."
John 6:44

Wether or not this truth applies to to FMF and his experience is not within my knowledge.

Moves
03 Sep 17

I am not some kind of "Dr Phil" at all. I am just an ordinary adult who is able to see you for what you are and deliver a few home truths.

You have admitted that your personal development still places you, for all intents and purposes, in your teenage years because of the damage done to you for most of your life.

When you grow up a little and shake off ...[text shortened]... ps be able to see that there is nothing "Dr Phil"-like about calling you out for your behaviour.
By 'home truths' you mean 'subjective opinions'?

Moves
03 Sep 17
1 edit

I've said this before I know and don't mean to be derogatory about it but you don't know your Bible well enough dj2becker/Fetchmyjunk.

I had no choice as the faith I was given was given by God. I also had no choice in seeking God. Scripture says...

[i]“There is no one righteous, not even one; there is no one who understands; there is no one who se ...[text shortened]... :44

Wether or not this truth applies to to FMF and his experience is not within my knowledge.
I still think we have a choice to either bow under the will of God or harden our hearts.

Hebrews 3:15 As it has been said: “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts, as you did in the rebellion.”

Rev 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Isaiah 55:6
Seek the LORD while he may be found; call on him while he is near.

James 4:7-8
Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.

Maybe you don't know your Bible well enough. 😉

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
03 Sep 17

Oh you are interested alright. You have since posted a 6 inch rant in reply.

Forget? 😉
I finally got tired of the whining.

And what's the matter, did your nanosecond attention span prevent you from reading it all, as usual?