1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '19 08:22
    @dj2becker said
    Having a subjective perspective doesn’t mean you are unable to recognize objective truth.
    Having only subjective perspectives about supernatural things doesn’t mean we are unable to recognize objective truth about things like gravity.

I agree with this modified version' of what you asserted.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '19 19:241 edit
    How this this thread looks to most posters...

YouTube

Edit: A lot of “fringing the ring” going on.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 11:34
    @fmf said
    We can only speculate and express personal opinions about supernatural phenomena and supernatural beings that underpin religious and spiritual matters.
    How do you know that it’s impossible for anyone to have a real authentic supernatural experience?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 11:44
    @dj2becker said
    How do you know that it’s impossible for anyone to have a real authentic supernatural experience?
    I have addressed the use of the word "know" in this context. You seem to be pretending I haven't. If, in your personal opinion, people can have "real" supernatural experiences, then that is your prerogative.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 12:13
    @fmf said
    I have addressed the use of the word "know" in this context. You seem to be pretending I haven't. If, in your personal opinion, people can have "real" supernatural experiences, then that is your prerogative.
    There is no need for you to answer the question. Your deflection is an answer in itself.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 12:17
    @dj2becker said
    There is no need for you to answer the question. Your deflection is an answer in itself.
    It's not a "deflection". I just feel no need to repeat myself.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 12:25
    @fmf said
    It's not a "deflection". I just feel no need to repeat myself.
    This is the same ripcord you have used multiple times. Well played FMF. 👏
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 12:27
    @dj2becker said
    This is the same ripcord you have used multiple times. Well played FMF. 👏
    I have explained my opinion about the use of the word "know" regarding religious faith and other supernatural things - including on this thread - and that opinion has not changed.
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 12:34
    @fmf said
    I have explained my opinion about the use of the word "know" regarding religious faith and other supernatural things - including on this thread - and that opinion has not changed.
    I understand exactly why you suddenly can’t repeat yourself when in fact you have had no problem repeating yourself in the past.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 12:38
    @dj2becker said
    I understand exactly why you suddenly can’t repeat yourself when in fact you have had no problem repeating yourself in the past.
    See my response on the other thread.
  11. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 12:48
    @fmf said
    See my response on the other thread.
    I understand why it would be inconvenient to ‘repeat yourself’ now if in fact you have said something that even remotely answers the question I asked in the past.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 12:54
    @dj2becker said
    I understand why it would be inconvenient to ‘repeat yourself’ now if in fact you have said something that even remotely answers the question I asked in the past.
    If the way you are conducting yourself is strengthening or consolidating your Christian faith, then I wish you well.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    23 Oct '19 19:39
    @fmf said
    If the way you are conducting yourself is strengthening or consolidating your Christian faith, then I wish you well.
    If you think I should go back and read the tens of thousands of posts you have made and hopefully find one of them that answers the question I asked you, then I wish you well.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Oct '19 00:15
    @dj2becker said
    If you think I should go back and read the tens of thousands of posts you have made and hopefully find one of them that answers the question I asked you, then I wish you well.
    Yes you should do that. If thousands of posts on the issue are being ignored, and writing them had no effect on you, there is no reason to write any more.
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    24 Oct '19 04:21
    @fmf said
    Yes you should do that. If thousands of posts on the issue are being ignored, and writing them had no effect on you, there is no reason to write any more.
    Here is the question you are still dodging:

If you decide to answer it I’ll be back, until then adios amigo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree