Trinitarians: Does not believing the 'trinity' lead to damnation?

Trinitarians: Does not believing the 'trinity' lead to damnation?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
12 Sep 12

ho ho ho. "god of god" (whatever that means) isn't good enough, they have to reiterate "very god of very god"

ha ha ha.

of course, neither of those ridiculous statements are anywhere in the bible.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Again, hummmm? Not ((((((( 1 ))))))))) scripture quoted here and no proof that any of this is backed up by the Bible.
Come on, now. Stop making Taoman's point for him.

Stop with the Bible idolatry.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
12 Sep 12

The Trinity concept is considered somewhat of a mystery, even to some of the foremost theologians who have studied the bible all their lives. I don't see how even an adult, fully accountable for his/her decisions, would be cast into the lake of fire for being unable to fully comprehend (and therefore embrace) this doctrine.

That said, I believe the Trinity concept is correct. But I'm not going to pretend to completely understand it, because I don't. Therefore there is at least a small part of me that must admit it could be inaccurate.

The bible obviously describes all 3 entities as separate; yet at the same time, Jesus did say He IS God (I and the Father are one, etc.)

The spirit of the message of the bible to me, is about the great fall, redemption, and placing our faith in our Redeemer, that being Christ. Belief in the Trinity doctrine itself is secondary and not completely necessary to gain salvation, in my opinion.

I mean, we could argue all day long about the time it took for the "6 days" of creation. But in the end, does it make or break us insofar as salvation goes? Certainly not.

God said, "This is my Son, with whom I am well pleased." Does He really expect us to understand that He was talking about Himself? And would a just God cast us down below for the sole reason that we took what He said at face value?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by sumydid
The bible obviously describes all 3 entities as separate; yet at the same time, Jesus did say He IS God (I and the Father are one, etc.)
jesus said the same thing about the apostles. does that mean the apostles are part of the god persons as well? how many does that make ... 15 give or take.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
jesus said the same thing about the apostles. does that mean the apostles are part of the god persons as well? how many does that make ... 15 give or take.
I know you must feel bad that you can not understand the idea of God in Trinity. However, you are not alone. In time, after you recognized you are nothing but a sinful piece of slime and repent, it may come to you. 😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
Just what is your angle in this conversation? Comic relief?

Why would an atheist give a rat's patootie what a handful of Christians are arguing about?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I know you must feel bad that you can not understand the idea of God in Trinity. However, you are not alone. In time, after you recognized you are nothing but a sinful piece of slime and repent, it may come to you. 😏
That's not helping, Ron.

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Just what is your angle in this conversation? Comic relief?

Why would an atheist give a rat's patootie what a handful of Christians are arguing about?
Void has been my unlikely ally in this exchange, please leave him alone.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by sumydid
The spirit of the message of the bible to me, is about the great fall, redemption, and placing our faith in our Redeemer, that being Christ. Belief in the Trinity doctrine itself is secondary and not completely necessary to gain salvation, in my opinion.

I mean, we could argue all day long about the time it took for the "6 days" of creation. But in the end, does it make or break us insofar as salvation goes? Certainly not.
I certainly agree with the intent of this message.

I think the Creeds state the nominal Christian belief well, but they go way over the top with all the threats of eternal damnation, etc., if you don't agree.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Void has been my unlikely ally in this exchange, please leave him alone.
Well, I find that when an atheist is actually moved to get off his tush and argue a point, there must be something in it for him. I mean usually it sounds like the atheist wonders if he's actually missing something in his life, but no, that can't possibly be it, his life is perfect, so therefore the Christian must be deluded. I'm just wondering why an atheist would have a dog in this hunt.

And I'm just wondering what breed it is, that's all. (Unless it's just the same-old, same-old challenge of trying to prove Christians wrong, however he can.)

Moves
12 Sep 12

Well, I find that when an atheist is actually moved to get off his tush and argue a point, there must be something in it for him. I mean usually it sounds like the atheist wonders if he's actually missing something in his life, but no, that can't possibly be it, his life is perfect, so therefore the Christian must be deluded. I'm just wondering why an ath ...[text shortened]... ust the same-old, same-old challenge of trying to prove Christians wrong, however he can.)
My feeling is most of the atheists here had a brush with the lord and walked away. Moths and flames etc.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Sep 12

Well, I find that when an atheist is actually moved to get off his tush and argue a point, there must be something in it for him. I mean usually it sounds like the atheist wonders if he's actually missing something in his life, but no, that can't possibly be it, his life is perfect, so therefore the Christian must be deluded. I'm just wondering why an ath ...[text shortened]... ust the same-old, same-old challenge of trying to prove Christians wrong, however he can.)
There is such bitterness in your posts sometimes Suzianne.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Sep 12

My feeling is most of the atheists here had a brush with the lord and walked away. Moths and flames etc.
I can safely say the Lord has never brushed me, and if he did i'd report him police. Only my other half gets the opportunity to brush me.

Moves
12 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Only my other half gets the opportunity to brush me.
Have you got a hairy back?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Sep 12

Have you got a hairy back?
I can safely say, not in the slightest.