Trinitarians: Does not believing the 'trinity' lead to damnation?

Trinitarians: Does not believing the 'trinity' lead to damnation?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I can safely say, not in the slightest.
Wax huh?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by Proper Knob
There is such bitterness in your posts sometimes Suzianne.
/shrug

You must be a "half-empty" kind of guy.

Or is that only when talking to or about Christians?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I know you must feel bad that you can not understand the idea of God in Trinity. However, you are not alone. In time, after you recognized you are nothing but a sinful piece of slime and repent, it may come to you. 🙄
i have a better idea about the trinity than you do. after, it's not a concept originated by christianity. the "trinity" of gods has been around for a long time in many religions. it's just not in the bible.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by Suzianne
Just what is your angle in this conversation? Comic relief?

Why would an atheist give a rat's patootie what a handful of Christians are arguing about?
i exchange ideas for the common interest of humanity.

delusions can become dangerous delusions and dangerous delusions effect everyone in a society. i know a bit about christian history and the lengths they are capable of going in defending their delusions and forcing them onto others.

i engage in these dialogs to help humanity move forward rather than backward. we must not allow primitive superstitions to rule our destiny.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Sep 12

/shrug

You must be a "half-empty" kind of guy.

Or is that only when talking to or about Christians?
I'm not even remotely empty, full to the brim. 🙂

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester
Wax huh?
Wax? God just blessed me with a hairless back.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
12 Sep 12
6 edits

Just what is your angle in this conversation? Comic relief?

Why would an atheist give a rat's patootie what a handful of Christians are arguing about?
Beats me...what reason do any of us have to be scared of craploads of insane and/or stupid people who would like nothing more than to hasten the "final battle" between the forces of light (believers in "G"od) and hells minions (non-believers in "G"od)?

I, as an atheist, can't wait to find myself "living" in the kind of morally, technologically, and sanitary bankrupt s**t-holes those savages who invented your "G"od over 2000 years ago had to crawl around in. I genuinely think any brand of fundamentalist crap you folks like to peddle should be fast-tracked into policy without any argument or analysis. Also I don't care which religion we're talking about either - equal chances for Muslims, Scientologists, Christians, ... is what I say! 😞

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by sumydid
The Trinity concept is considered somewhat of a mystery, even to some of the foremost theologians who have studied the bible all their lives. I don't see how even an adult, fully accountable for his/her decisions, would be cast into the lake of fire for being unable to fully comprehend (and therefore embrace) this doctrine.

That said, I believe the Trini just God cast us down below for the sole reason that we took what He said at face value?
Jesus never said he was Almighty God. When he said they were one first he never included the Holy Spirit in that comment and as simple as it is, he meant they were one in agreement, plans, goals, etc. He never said they were one in the same being.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
12 Sep 12

Come on, now. Stop making Taoman's point for him.

Stop with the Bible idolatry.
I'm just pointing out the obvious. It's not in the Bible and not even one scripture was used in that explination. It's all man made with nothing in the Bible to verify it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by galveston75
I'm just pointing out the obvious. It's not in the Bible and not even one scripture was used in that explination. It's all man made with nothing in the Bible to verify it.
We've pointed out time and again the concepts behind the idea of Trinity that the Bible does bother to mention. All the concepts involving Trinity *are* there in the Bible, it's just that the Bible doesn't use the *word* Trinity. One thing we've done in the past 2000 years is to put a label on the concept of Trinity that no one at the time would have even thought to mention.

Also, it's nice that you slip into the language of the atheists (it's all man made!) to make your point.

My point about Bible idolatry (I've brought this up before without calling it idolatry) is that you have become pigeon-holed in your religion to think that every single thing you should believe is in the Bible and you can't believe a single thing that is not in the Bible. This kind of rigid thinking is why people like RJH can't wrap their heads around evolution.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
13 Sep 12

We've pointed out time and again the concepts behind the idea of Trinity that the Bible does bother to mention. All the concepts involving Trinity *are* there in the Bible, it's just that the Bible doesn't use the *word* Trinity. One thing we've done in the past 2000 years is to put a label on the concept of Trinity that no one at the time would have even ...[text shortened]... kind of rigid thinking is why people like RJH can't wrap their heads around evolution.
Lol. Yes the JW's do take the bible exactly for what it says, and that is bad in your eyes? If ones start to venture out from God's words and start letting satan and mans made up crap filture in, you wind up with the trinity.
The problem here with you and all the others that believe in this trinity is you are listening to man and not reading exactly what the bible teaches. And it does not even come close to the idea of this mysterious, vague, and unexplainable teaching.
You speak very bluntly, even rude at times as others here have mentioned.
So I'm being very frank with you. The trinity is man made and of a deeply pagan origin.
You seem to be too smart to fall for this but you have and that's sad...

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol. Yes the JW's do take the bible exactly for what it says, and that is bad in your eyes? If ones start to venture out from God's words and start letting satan and mans made up crap filture in, you wind up with the trinity.
The problem here with you and all the others that believe in this trinity is you are listening to man and not reading exactly w ...[text shortened]... ply pagan origin.
You seem to be too smart to fall for this but you have and that's sad...
DUDE.......Spell check LOL 😉

So when Jesus says "You must eat my flesh and drink my blood" Do you as a J-Dub take that to heart and think that Jesus meant that literally? You pick and choose to believe only what the Almighty Watchtower tells you to believe. Come up with something new I think people see through you. There is a whole vast world and thought outside your little cult and God is much bigger than your little cult.

Manny

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by menace71
So when Jesus says "You must eat my flesh and drink my blood" Do you as a J-Dub take that to heart and think that Jesus meant that literally?
The Catholics do!

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by divegeester
The Catholics do!
LOL Yes most do I forget that

Manny

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
13 Sep 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
i have a better idea about the trinity than you do. after, it's not a concept originated by christianity. the "trinity" of gods has been around for a long time in many religions. it's just not in the bible.
Not so. The doctrine of the Trinity, in its full context, is completely unique to Christianity.