Tricky questions

Tricky questions

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
16 Apr 14

Originally posted by C Hess
Or he is evil, and simply wants to give his believers a false sense of hope (what I call the ultimate evil).
I don't believe that evil exists.

Evil is often characterized as darkness by Christians. Does darkness exist? Nope, darkness is simply a term that describes an absence of light. Light is measurable and does exist, darkness does not.

w

Moves
16 Apr 14
1 edit

I just love atheists.

They rail against God because they perceive him to be unjust.

Then they rail against God who gave us free will that enable us to reject such a God that they perceive as unjust because it opens to door to pain and suffering via free will.

Then they rail against God for not destroying sin and allowing it to continue.

Then they rail against God for creeting the Lake of Fire which will once and for all destroy sin.

What's a God to do? Maybe he should have forced you to accept him. Nope, scratch that, you would be moaning and whining about that too.

F

Moves
16 Apr 14

Originally posted by whodey
If God does not allow rejection, i.e. evil, then love does not exist.

Once God is rejected, he then has the opputunity to immediately snuff them out or wait.

Speaking of waiting, there is another little thread around here about the eternal Lake of Fire. He will snuff it out, but has chosen to give us a period of grace to "save" who he can. Do you prefer immediate judgement?
"Do you prefer immediate judgement?"
Well, then we would immediatley know if he exists or not, right?
Now, we just don't know. It takes blind faith to think he exists.

When I pray to the christian god, he is silent.
When I pray to the tooth ferrie, she is also silent.
Perhaps of the same reason. Who can tell.

F

Moves
16 Apr 14

I just love atheists.

Then they rail against God who gave us free will that enable us to reject such a God that they perceive as unjust because it opens to door to pain and suffering via free will.

Then they ...[text shortened]... forced you to accept him. Nope, scratch that, you would be moaning and whining about that too.
I think a shorter version of this is that atheists ~ not that I claim to speak on their behalf ~ find your Christian theology incoherent. This beats your contorted attempt to mock what you claim atheists "do". I have never met an atheist, for instance, who "rails against God" for giving them free will. Same goes for the rest of your silly characterizations. Your cardboard cut outs here seem like cardboard cut outs that failed the audition to enter cardboard cut out world. πŸ˜•

Moves
16 Apr 14

Evil is often characterized as darkness by Christians. Does darkness exist? Nope, darkness is simply a term that describes an absence of light. Light is measurable and does exist, darkness does not.
Malicious god, then. A god that takes pleasure in his creation suffering.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Apr 14

I just love atheists.

Then they ...[text shortened]... forced you to accept him. Nope, scratch that, you would be moaning and whining about that too.
whodey, dichotomous human beings [body and soul sans a human spirit] are unable to understand spiritual truths; sole exception: salvation information which, unfortunately, many even on this forum reject because it's too damn simple.

Moves
16 Apr 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Theists: You believe in a god. How do you know he is good?

Atheists: If a god existed; what would be your criteria to ascertain the "goodness" of that deity?

To both: Even supposing a "good god" exists - why would you want to worship it?
I would ascertain if this god is good by hearing his reasoning for evil (malice, disease,
natural disaster and other forms of needless suffering) in this world. If I can see that his
intentions were always good, I may believe that he's good. But to worship such a god
would be like giving thanks and praise to the neighbour after he's thrown a bag of dog****
in your face, because, after all, he was really aiming for the bin two metres to your left. I
don't worship incompetence much.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
16 Apr 14
2 edits

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
whodey, dichotomous human beings [body and soul sans a human spirit] are unable to understand spiritual truths; sole exception: salvation information which, unfortunately, many even on this forum reject because it's too damn simple.
"Sans"

I've noticed you use this word quite frequently and I find it strange choice, so I decided to google it and as expected:

[Middle English, from Old French, blend of Latin sine, without and absenti; in the absence of, ablative of absentia, absence, absent, present participle of abesse, to be away; see absent.]

It is also and internet security company. An interesting if slightly oblique commentary.

Or course you could have used "without" and saved me the trouble, but that's not your style is it.
πŸ˜‰

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Apr 14

John 1:5
And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

Darkness has no substance. On the other hand evil is measurable as a force. The word evil is used over 100 times in the New Testament(something like that). Evil exists in many forms.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
16 Apr 14

What's a God to do?
Create only heaven, where no one sins, yet everyone has free will, according to your own theology. 😏

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Create only heaven, where no one sins, yet everyone has free will, according to your own theology. 😏
That day is coming!

w

Moves
16 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I think a shorter version of this is that atheists ~ not that I claim to speak on their behalf ~ find your Christian theology incoherent. This beats your contorted attempt to mock what you claim atheists "do". I have never met an atheist, for instance, who "rails against God" for giving them free will. Same goes for the rest of your silly characterizations. Your ...[text shortened]... here seem like cardboard cut outs that failed the audition to enter cardboard cut out world. πŸ˜•
So you are not an athiest?

Why then do you think there is a God?

As for having free will, it has to do with the ability to reject God. I have never met an athiest who would accept the God of the Bible if he exists. Why then should God force himself upon their person, or should he?

w

Moves
16 Apr 14

Originally posted by C Hess
Malicious god, then. A god that takes pleasure in his creation suffering.
If he is malicious then we have no hope. If he is just then we do.

I'll double down on the later. What is there to lose?

w

Moves
16 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FabianFnas
"Do you prefer immediate judgement?"
Well, then we would immediatley know if he exists or not, right?
Now, we just don't know. It takes blind faith to think he exists.

When I pray to the christian god, he is silent.
When I pray to the tooth ferrie, she is also silent.
Perhaps of the same reason. Who can tell.
Biblically God has given immediate judgement in the past but to what benefit?

Mankind continues on as if he did not exist.

Read the story of the children of Israel as they left Egypt. God split open seas and rained manna from heaven. In the end they built a golden calf to worship in his stead. πŸ˜•

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
16 Apr 14

Originally posted by divegeester
"Sans"

I've noticed you use this word quite frequently and I find it strange choice, so I decided to google it and as expected:

[Middle English, from Old French, blend of Latin sine, without and absenti; in the absence of, ablative of absentia, absence, absent, present participle of abesse, to be away; see absent.]

It is also and internet securi ...[text shortened]... rse you could have used "without" and saved me the trouble, but that's not your style is it.
πŸ˜‰
"Summary: His Grace/our gratitude. Sans Dieu Rien.

July 2007-14"

Struggled with both Spanish and French in high school but do remember a few words and sentences.
The above is from my site profile: "Without God Nothing."