Total depravity verse list

Total depravity verse list

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
This is the third time this week a Christian posted this passage on John 15 [where Jesus says he is the vine and advises followers to ABIDE IN HIM] as proof that only professed Christians have any chance of eternal life in the Kingdom of God. First sonship, next eladar and now you.

None of you people read the part where Jesus explains in plain language ...[text shortened]... it is those who follow his commandments will have eternal life.

Please read the whole passage
So why do you push an agenda here which so obviously leaves you out?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @suzianne
So why do you push an agenda here which so obviously leaves you out?
Why do you constantly ignore Paul. Paul said go do the dishes, cook, wash, look after your family, and let your husband teach you in private. Have some children and then maybe you can be saved. Ok?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jul 18

This is the third time this week a Christian posted this passage on John 15 [where Jesus says he is the vine and advises followers to ABIDE IN HIM] as proof that only professed Christians have any chance of eternal life in the Kingdom of God. First sonship, next eladar and now you.

None of you people read the part where Jesus explains in plain language ...[text shortened]... it is those who follow his commandments will have eternal life.

Please read the whole passage
Yes you should read the whole passage it’s difficult to abide in someone you avoid, the works of Christ are done in and with Christ. Jesus said He was sending the Holy Spirit to us, without we do not belong to God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @kellyjay
Yes you should read the whole passage it’s difficult to abide in someone you avoid, the works of Christ are done in and with Christ. Jesus said He was sending the Holy Spirit to us, without we do not belong to God.
Wrong, anyone who follows the commandments of Christ, chief of which is to love your neighbour as yourself is abiding in Christ. Professing that one believes is not abiding in Chrsit, Love is the fulfiment of the law. Love is greater than any amount of faith. Your church doctrine has it backwards.

Moves
12 Jul 18

Why do you constantly ignore Paul. Paul said go do the dishes, cook, wash, look after your family, and let your husband teach you in private. Have some children and then maybe you can be saved. Ok?
You are a disturbed individual.

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
You are a disturbed individual.
I can only assume you are talking to your own reflection or in a moment of madness have forgotten how you are generally viewed here.

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
I can only assume you are talking to your own reflection or in a moment of madness have forgotten how you are generally viewed here.
😴

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jul 18

Originally posted by @fmf
I am posting here as an agnostic atheist and as a non-believer, KellyKay. I am not refusing to answer questions about my beliefs. And as for my beliefs about Christianity, they are crystal clear from the issues I raise, the observations I make, and the questions I ask. I am not "someone who refuses to answer questions" about his beliefs. You on the other hand.. ...[text shortened]... of the way you have curled up into a foetal position when your beliefs have come under scrutiny?
You can claim whatever title you wish. You as a person not your titles is who I am talking to.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jul 18

Wrong, anyone who follows the commandments of Christ, chief of which is to love your neighbour as yourself is abiding in Christ. Professing that one believes is not abiding in Chrsit, Love is the fulfiment of the law. Love is greater than any amount of faith. Your church doctrine has it backwards.
Never said professing was enough I have been saying getting right with God through Jesus Christ. The devil believes, and when the demons were confronted by Jesus they even proclaimed who He was. He in us, and us in Him through His Spirit is abiding as we walk out our lives doing what He wants. Without Him in our lives we don’t belong to Him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
12 Jul 18

Never said professing was enough I have been saying getting right with God through Jesus Christ. The devil believes, and when the demons were confronted by Jesus they even proclaimed who He was. He in us, and us in Him through His Spirit is abiding as we walk out our lives doing what He wants. Without Him in our lives we don’t belong to Him.
You get right with God through Jesus Christ. by following the commandments of Christ.
All the rest of your writing is nonsense.

Those who follow the commandments enter the Kingdom of God

T

Moves
12 Jul 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @dj2becker
[b] Is man basically good or basically evil?

Ecclesiastes 7:29 - “See, this alone I found, that God made man upright, but they have sought out many schemes.”
Romans 5:7-8 - For one will scarcely die for a righteous person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die—but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, ...[text shortened]... their inmost self is destruction; their throat is an open grave; they flatter with their tongue.[/b]
The concept of 'total depravity' flies in the face of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry,

As usual those who advocate for a different gospel invoke half-truths by taking verses out of context and pretending that they say something they don't.

For example from the OP:
Are people good deep down?

Mark 7:21-23 - “For from within, out of the heart of man, come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, coveting, wickedness, deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within, and they defile a person.” (c.f. Matthew 15:19)

The references to Mark 7:21-23 and Matthew 15:19 are taken from passages wherein Jesus explains that people are governed by the heart rather than what they ingest. Neither passage is saying that no people are "good deep down".

A good man with a good heart brings forth that which is good. An evil man with an evil heart brings forth what is evil.

Matthew 12
34“You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart. 35“The good man brings out of his good treasure what is good; and the evil man brings out of his evil treasure what is evil.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Jul 18

Ignoring one truth isn’t justified by declaring another. Everything I said is true as well as loving being central to God’s work among us!

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
13 Jul 18

Ignoring one truth isn’t justified by declaring another. Everything I said is true as well as loving being central to God’s work among us!
WHATT ???!!!!

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Jul 18

I'm sure these were said with love in mind.

"Revealing for sure.

Kelly's repetitive propaganda is a flat out insult to the Christian spirit and the message of Jesus"

"Who or what is Kelly and co really obeying? I shudder at the thought"

"Kelly thinks he can dictate terms. Lol. As if some public approval of his frankly terrible message would ma ...[text shortened]...
We are supposed to be helping each other people"

I find you a little vulgar for my tastes.
I come across as vulgar ? On a 13+ site?

How old are you? "Do not swear " is not a mentioned in the bible as far as I know. I have to be the way I am to protect myself .
I tell truth , I dont insult

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
13 Jul 18

You should try to stick to arguments instead of going after people.
Going after people ? No way. Going after their false claims ? All day long!