Theory of evolution serves Satan

Theory of evolution serves Satan

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
21 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Okaaaaay, whatever.
I'll assume from this you didn't get the point of my last reply ;]

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 11

Originally posted by Agerg
I'll assume from this you didn't get the point of my last reply ;]
Well by the same token, its only an 'opinion' of yours that the tooth fairy doesn't exist ;]

This one?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
21 May 11
1 edit

Well by the same token, its only an 'opinion' of yours that the tooth fairy doesn't exist ;]

This one?
Yes that one...and as I said, you don't seem to have seen the non too subtle point of it

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
21 May 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
better philosophy on life than Jesus Christ???, in your fantasy filled world i am sure it does, time for me to move along i think.
you don't know what jc would have said about Star Wars. you have no idea. Quit the charade

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 11

Yes that one...and as I said, you don't seem to have seen the non too subtle point of it
Inlighten me....

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
21 May 11
3 edits

Inlighten me....
I'm not so sure it is possible for you to be enlightened; moreover, though far from being an overly technical point I can't see a way of presenting it to you, directly, without a breakdown in comprehension at some point. But because I'm such a nice guy I'll try and approach it from another angle; to that end:

Why do you reject the existence of the tooth fairy?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 11

I'm not so sure it is possible for you to be enlightened; moreover, though far from being an overly technical point I can't see a way of presenting it to you, directly, without a breakdown in comprehension at some point. But because I'm such a nice guy I'll try and approach it from another angle; to that end:

Why do you reject the existence of the tooth fairy?
No proof either spiritually or physically..

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
21 May 11
3 edits

No proof either spiritually or physically..
Well there's no 'spiritual' or physical proof of your god or that the stories you hold to be literally true in the Bible ever took place either. What is the crucial difference that an atheist should see between belief in the tooth fairy, and belief in *your particular* god?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 11

Well there's no 'spiritual' or physical proof of your god or that the stories you hold to be literally true in the Bible ever took place either. What is the crucial difference that an atheist should see between belief in the tooth fairy, and belief in *your particular* god?
Tons my friend and the fact that you have life is proof of a God even if you don't want him to exist and have too much pride, ignorance or selfishness and impatience to see he does live.
The spiritualness that you don't comprehend is because you have either let yourself be blind to that or you have flat out decided to turn your back on the obvious and minumize the complexaties in all the universe.
You think you know better then us who know and see that there is a God plain as the as the sun that shines on us all, and you obviously look down your nose at us thinking were caught up in some fairly land ideas.
It's you my friend that has narrowed your vision of understanding what is around you and the benifits of having spiritual insight.
Satan is real too and guess what? He's got you right where he wants you.....

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
21 May 11
3 edits

Tons my friend and the fact that you have life is proof of a God even if you don't want him to exist and have too much pride, ignorance or selfishness and impatience to see he does live.
The spiritualness that you don't comprehend is because you have either let yourself be blind to that or you have flat out decided to turn your back on the obvious and tual insight.
Satan is real too and guess what? He's got you right where he wants you.....
Just to continue humouring you, exactly how much of this "spiritual proof" doesn't require faith? I mean...I could assert I have spiritual proof that the tooth fairy exists and all you need is the same faith as I. Of course you wouldn't find that particularly compelling and I wouldn't blame you. So again...

What spiritual proof of *your god*'s existence, and that *your literalist* interpretation of the Bible is true do you have that does not require faith?

What do you have, in a tangible sense, that makes your position of belief, and rejection of the tooth fairy any less "just an opinion" than my rejection of your belief?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 11

Just to continue humouring you, exactly how much of this "spiritual proof" doesn't require faith? I mean...I could assert I have spiritual proof that the tooth fairy exists and all you need is the same faith as I. Of course you wouldn't find that particularly compelling and I wouldn't blame you. So again...

What spiritual proof of *your god*'s existence, ...[text shortened]... your position of belief any less [b]just an opinion
than my rejection of your belief?[/b]
Your not humoring me at all. If anything I feel sorry for you.
I understand why many feel there is no God because of what some religions do in the name of God but it still amazes me that ones can turn off that spiritual side in them and it is something we all have and want deep inside even if you don't think it's there.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
22 May 11
3 edits

Your not humoring me at all. If anything I feel sorry for you.
I understand why many feel there is no God because of what some religions do in the name of God but it still amazes me that ones can turn off that spiritual side in them and it is something we all have and want deep inside even if you don't think it's there.
That's not an answer to my question; though I think we both know full well you have nothing that does not rely on faith. - and that to me is as worthless as the promise that a tooth under a pillow will become a coin tomorrow.

That I live is no more proof of your god than it is proof of Thor, or the flying Spaghetti monster, or Vishvahetu's god, or whatever else humans have invented to fulfill some `spiritual vacuum'. Indeed, with respect to your faith or your religion, all it is proof of is that I'm alive - nothing more.
Tautological yes, but then I don\'t advance the crazy idea that my life is proof of anything on these matters; that was your idea! it is you that makes the mistake of thinking it proves JW God!

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 May 11

That's not an answer to my question; though I think we both know full well you have nothing that does not rely on faith. - and that to me is as worthless as the promise that a tooth under a pillow will become a coin tomorrow.

That I live is no more proof of your god than it is proof of Thor, or the flying Spaghetti monster, or Vishvahetu's god, or whatever ...[text shortened]... hat was your idea! it is you that makes the mistake of thinking it proves JW God![/hidden]
You are really lost aren't you? Again I feel sorry for you and ones like you. No hope for the future but just death I guess. Really a dark way to live.....

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
22 May 11

You are really lost aren't you? Again I feel sorry for you and ones like you. No hope for the future but just death I guess. Really a dark way to live.....
The sympathy should by rights extend to yourself instead. It is you who lives in fear of some comic book villain named Satan; and it is you who deprives himself of the ability to live life to the full in fear of p!ssing off some magic man in the sky ;]

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 May 11

The sympathy should by rights extend to yourself instead. It is you who lives in fear of some comic book villain named Satan; and it is you who deprives himself of the ability to live life to the full in fear of p!ssing off some magic man in the sky ;]
The one thing you are completely missing my friend is love. The love that I have for my God and the love he has for all humans. Even you.
So I live in no fear of my God. That could be the reason your purception of him is a fearful one. Thats because you don't know him at all.