Theory of evolution serves Satan

Theory of evolution serves Satan

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
21 May 11

Originally posted by ChessPraxis
😕
Being that I think he is Islamic, probably the parts that correspond to the Koran. 😕
Islamic? Where'd you get that idea?

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
21 May 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Islamic? Where'd you get that idea?
Please forgive me for being wrong. It was an impression I had.

T

Moves
21 May 11

Please forgive me for being wrong. It was an impression I had.
Still curious as to what gave you that impression.

BTW the correct word for a person of the Islamic faith is Muslim.

m

Moves
21 May 11

Originally posted by Agerg
I got it from Genesis, and using the New World Translation (your version of the Bible right?) it says

[i]15 And Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden of E´den to cultivate it and to take care of it. 16 And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for t ...[text shortened]... n the literal truth of the rest of Genesis (i.e. creation of the world in 6 days and so on...)!
This is not totally the same, but if i prayed " My beautiful lord and savior please open the eyes of my heart so that i may give your word understanding to agerg and plant a seed to grow in his heart for you." would you think my heart actually had eyes, and I actually planted a seed in your heart?

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
21 May 11
2 edits

Originally posted by mikemt89
This is not totally the same, but if i prayed " My beautiful lord and savior please open the eyes of my heart so that i may give your word understanding to agerg and plant a seed to grow in his heart for you." would you think my heart actually had eyes, and I actually planted a seed in your heart?
I take your point, but from Christian to Christian you have to gauge the extent to which they take a particular chunk of scripture literally or allegorically. In the case of Galveston-75 and Robbie Carrobie It seems to be purely literal (until you corner them that is); thus my arguments are directed to them on such terms.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 11

I take your point, but from Christian to Christian you have to gauge the extent to which they take a particular chunk of scripture literally or allegorically. In the case of Galveston-75 and Robbie Carrobie It seems to be purely literal (until you corner them that is); thus my arguments are directed to them on such terms.
So whom is it exactly that has determined that a scripture from all reasoning and meaning with not only what it says in itself but the context around it and with other scriptures throughout the Bible that show something such as the Garden of Eden for example was not real? Was this some revelation from God? Did he give this explination in someones dream that would be a spokesman for God himself to tell us it wasn't real? Did Jesus or any of the apostles say it wasn't real? Is there a Bible "Part 2" that explains this in some detail that says it really wasn't real and it was just a story of somekind?
So my question to you is, "who are you" to say it wasn't a real place? What insight from God that the rest of us don't seem to have, you've had special insight too? What proof other then some thought that's in your mind can you show that it wasn't a real place with real people? Please convience me that your so intune with some other worldy source of knowledge to prove to me that Garden of Eden wasn't real and just some little bed time story and that the Bible is a hoax.....Please tell me.

m

Moves
21 May 11

No problem my brother, this prayer could go in many different directions.

m

Moves
21 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
So whom is it exactly that has determined that a scripture from all reasoning and meaning with not only what it says in itself but the context around it and with other scriptures throughout the Bible that show something such as the Garden of Eden for example was not real? Was this some revelation from God? Did he give this explination in someones dream t ...[text shortened]... nd just some little bed time story and that the Bible is a hoax.....Please tell me.
Read my post again to have some insight to the point trying to be made. I totally believe in the bible, and what it says is true. I also believe that God is always challenging us to understand and grow in new ways from his word. Just because there may be everything you mentioned, doesnt mean there isnt more to the messege. At some point to grow you have to look deeper past boy girl tree apple, good bad, talking snake etc. to grow in your faith and understanding for whatever part of the bible your reading. It troubles me to pretend to understand Gods will, this is just something he laid upon my heart not even sure if I got it right. God bless

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
21 May 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Still curious as to what gave you that impression.

BTW the correct word for a person of the Islamic faith is Muslim.
Seems we got off on the wrong foot anyway. Perhaps we are both very different people than first impressions appeared to portray. 🙂
I thought "Islamic" was a blanket description of all sects of Muslims. Thanks for correcting me.

C
Cowboy From Hell

American West

Moves
21 May 11

Seems we got off on the wrong foot anyway. Perhaps we are both very different people than first impressions appeared to portray. 🙂
I thought "Islamic" was a blanket description of all sects of Muslims. Thanks for correcting me.
BTW I wasn't sure who's post Galveston was directed at. If he was asking me.

I believe the whole Bible. I am open to discussion of any of its parts. I am primarily a Christian, and secondarily a Philosopher. As such I studied science throughout my academic career. I am torn between two worlds, but I accept the Bible teachings on faith. This is not to say I believe the world was created in 6 days, and is 5000 years old. But I would not be surprised if that were true. Just as I wouldn't be surprised of it took aeons to build, and has been here for countless aeons.
Bi Polar....Yes and proud of it. 🙂

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
21 May 11
3 edits

So whom is it exactly that has determined that a scripture from all reasoning and meaning with not only what it says in itself but the context around it and with other scriptures throughout the Bible that show something such as the Garden of Eden for example was not real? Was this some revelation from God? Did he give this explination in someones dream t nd just some little bed time story and that the Bible is a hoax.....Please tell me.
So whom is it exactly that has determined that a scripture from all reasoning and meaning with not only what it says in itself but the context around it and with other scriptures throughout the Bible that show something such as the Garden of Eden for example was not real? Was this some revelation from God? Did he give this explination in someones dream that would be a spokesman for God himself to tell us it wasn't real? Did Jesus or any of the apostles say it wasn't real? Is there a Bible "Part 2" that explains this in some detail that says it really wasn't real and it was just a story of somekind?
No revelation from God; see...you have believers in some sort of god, but not necessarily a god that is associated with some holy book - they tend to be quite rational people, and correctly evaluate Genesis and such to be primitive stories told by primitive people.
Next you have believers in a particular god, and moreover this god is the one associated with the Bible. However they don't see the Bible as 100% literally true; indeed observing that some of its stories are so fecking stupid if taken literally, you'd have to have been starved of oxygen at some point to tke them seriously; they contrive such stories to be allegorical and invent some sort of alternative, and deeper meaning behind them.
Then there are believers like you who happily believe
- in talking snakes
- 2 of every kind of animal were crammed into a little ark and every last one of them survived a 40 day flood (sent by your God because people had ticked him off)
- that the future can be determined by prophetic writings
- The world was created in six days
- There exists an actual devil who despite being God's "worst enemy" is given permission to rule over some sort of other wordly torture chamber, and routinely directs people to tell lies and so on...
- and so on ;]

So my question to you is, "who are you" to say it wasn't a real place? What insight from God that the rest of us don't seem to have, you've had special insight too? What proof other then some thought that's in your mind can you show that it wasn't a real place with real people? Please convience me that your so intune with some other worldy source of knowledge to prove to me that Garden of Eden wasn't real and just some little bed time story and that the Bible is a hoax.....Please tell me.
I need no insight from God to determine the garden of Eden was not a real place.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 11

[b]So whom is it exactly that has determined that a scripture from all reasoning and meaning with not only what it says in itself but the context around it and with other scriptures throughout the Bible that show something such as the Garden of Eden for example was not real? Was this some revelation from God? Did he give this explination in someones dream that ...[text shortened]... need no insight from God to determine the garden of Eden was not a real place.
Well it seems you have all the answers even though it is your opinion and that's all it is.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
21 May 11

Well it seems you have all the answers even though it is your opinion and that's all it is.
Well by the same token, its only an 'opinion' of yours that the tooth fairy doesn't exist ;]

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 11

Originally posted by mikemt89
Read my post again to have some insight to the point trying to be made. I totally believe in the bible, and what it says is true. I also believe that God is always challenging us to understand and grow in new ways from his word. Just because there may be everything you mentioned, doesnt mean there isnt more to the messege. At some point to grow you have ...[text shortened]... ds will, this is just something he laid upon my heart not even sure if I got it right. God bless
Why do you think God is awlays challenging us?
All the truths of him and his plans for us are in the Bible. Thats why he gave it to us. But it's not easy and that was done for a reason too. Ones heart has to be open and willing to be humble and to learn and see and accept what God says in the Bible. Many on earth do not have that kind of heart and will never understand what's in the Bible.
And yes we have to be willing to learn but that's where we have to be very careful and not slip into seeing things from mans ideas and viewpoints. This is why we were warned not to allow ourselves to be snatched away by mans pholosaphies and ideas that aren't from God.
Satan is the ruler of this world and will use ANYTHING to decieve us.........

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
21 May 11

Well by the same token, its only an 'opinion' of yours that the tooth fairy doesn't exist ;]
Okaaaaay, whatever.