The wisest thing Jesus ever said.

The wisest thing Jesus ever said.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jun 14
1 edit

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Anyone paying attention to the thread title?

I'm asking for [b]one
and only one piece of wisdom from Jesus that can be
held up to be his wisest words and rank with (or exceed) the wisdom of
others through the ages.

Just one sonship .. I havn't the time to go through your long nonsense rants.[/b]
I have no need to find the so-called "wisest" thing Jesus said.

But what is exceedingly wise of Him to have said concerning you is this:

"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins." (John 8:24)

That was very wise pertaining to you - you will die in your sins. Unless you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, you will die in your sins.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jun 14

Originally posted by sonship

But what is exceedingly wise of Him to have said concerning you is this:

[b]"Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am, you will die in your sins." (John 8:24)

That was very wise pertaining to you - you will die in your sins. Unless you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, you will die in your sins.[/b]
😴

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jun 14

Originally posted by Proper Knob
😴
You have the same situation.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
09 Jun 14

You have the same situation.
😴

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jun 14
1 edit

You are not just sleeping. One whole part of your being is comatose - deadened. Your spirit is dead and needs regeneration. It is more than a matter of just snoozing.

Like a 8 cylinder car only running on 4 cylinders, a whole portion of your humanity is dead and in need to be enlivened.

Like a being created for a three dimensional existence, you are short changed and existing only on two of those dimensions.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jun 14
2 edits

Concerning a wise saying of Jesus -

Have you ever had real fun and still felt empty inside?
Have you ever gone out under a moonlite night of beauty and asked "Why is this not enough to make me happy?"

Have you ever been in the midst of a party where lots of enjoyment is being loudly had, yet within you still feel like something is missing in you?

That is the vacuum of the deadened human spirit which needs to be reborn by Christ's entering into you.

So, it was very wise that Jesus spoke of this sense of thirst in all people in spite of worldly enjoyment of all kinds -

"Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, If anyone thirst, let him come to Me and drink.

He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.

But this He said concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed into Him were about to receive; for the Spirit was not yet, because Jesus had not yet been glorified." (John 7:37-39)

That was very wise. No amount of ridicule or sneering or jolly skepticism or wandering in the labyrinth of the unbelieving mind can erase the inner thirst for something undefinable which is missing in life.

In moments of gladness and laughter the gnawing within leaves a man with no inner peace. He thirsts to have fellowship with the living God.

It was wise of Christ to wait until the climax of the ancient festive feast to pinpoint that many were thirsty still deep within in the midst of their worldly enjoyment.

Here again He wisely touches the same theme with the woman at the well -

"Jesus answered and said to her, Everyone who drinks of this water shall thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I will give him shall by no means thirst forever; but the water that I will give him will become in him a fountain of water gushing up into eternal life." (John 4:13,14)

However deeply you drink of the worldly pleasure water today, exactly that is how thirsty you will be tomorrow. Whoever drinks of this water shall thirst again.

We need the Holy Spirit installed within as a gushing up fountain of divine life.

P

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by FMF
Surely this is just a dollop of dogma that you have internalized? How can it be considered "wisdom" if it has no application whatsoever to real life as it is experienced by the billions and billions of humans who are not Christians?
It wasn't for the Christians that Jesus died.

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by Pudgenik
It wasn't for the Christians that Jesus died.
Likewise, this does not constitute "wisdom" for the billions and billions of people who do not subscribe to the claims that you make about the 'meaning' or 'purpose' of Jesus' death.

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

You are not just sleeping. One whole part of your being is comatose - deadened. Your spirit is dead and needs regeneration. It is more than a matter of just snoozing.
I feel the exact opposite since I extracted myself from the religious dogma you believe in and that you recite here on this forum. I woke up and came to my senses.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Jun 14
1 edit

That was very wise pertaining to you - you will die in your sins. Unless you believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, you will die in your sins.[/b]
None of us have any need to post here or answer questions
put to us .. but we do. It's called discussion.

Now you made a wild claim about the wisdom of Jesus and I have given you
the opportunity to substantiate that claim. Which you have not.

So I guess your credibility takes another nose-dive.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
10 Jun 14

[b]"Now on the last day, the great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, If anyone thirst, let him come to Me and drink.

He who believes into Me, as the Scripture said, out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water.

But this He said concerning the Spirit, whom those who believed ...[text shortened]... i] the [/i] Spirit was not yet, because Jesus had not yet been glorified." (John 7:37-39)

[/b]
Quotation marks appear to be missing so I'm not sure
what are the words of Jesus - nevertheless it doesn't
add up to anything for non-Christians does it?

If I tell you that "Whoever believes in me shall have
everlasting pasta from my father the FSM" would
people from other religions call those "wise words"?

Show us something universally wise. I dare you.

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

sonship:
What is your interpretation then ?"

You want to repeat myself? Alright: "We only know what the (unknown) writer wrote, and what he wrote is probably what he thought, or remembered if he was an eyewitness, Jesus said. Nothing more. And we shouldn't treat it as more than that." That's my interpretation. An accurate one.

T ...[text shortened]... Anyway, an early textural doubter, [b]within six centuries of Christ's walk on earth,
who ?[/b]
Hey, hold your horses and relax.

The only thing I've said in the matter is "It's finished" isn't so wise. There is not any wisdom therein. So I gave the protest.

Then I got a bunch of questions from you and elsewhere which I answered politely. This has drifted the discussion off-topic to that extent that the wisdom has drowned.

I repeat the main part again:
There is no wisdom in "It's finished".
Noone knows if Jesus actually said those words. The (unknown) author only says so.
Even if he said those words, Jesus was not entirely truthful in these words because this was just a beginning of the post-christ era.

And that's it. Please continue with the topic from now on.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Hey, hold your horses and relax.

The only thing I've said in the matter is "It's finished" isn't so wise. There is not any wisdom therein. So I gave the protest.

Then I got a bunch of questions from you and elsewhere which I answered politely. This has drifted the discussion off-topic to that extent that the wisdom has drowned.

I repeat the main ...[text shortened]... beginning of the post-christ era.

And that's it. Please continue with the topic from now on.
I agree, nothing wise said here, so come on back over to my threads.

F

Moves
10 Jun 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I agree, nothing wise said here, so come on back over to my threads.
Your threads don't give anything. You're trolling...

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
10 Jun 14
1 edit

Have you ever gone out under a moonlite night of beauty and asked "Why is this not enough to make me happy?"

Have you ever been in the midst of a party where lots of enjoyment is being loudly had, yet within you still feel like something is missing in you? ...[text shortened]... gain.[/i]

We need the Holy Spirit installed within as a gushing up fountain of divine life.

No.

No.

Have you ever been in the midst of a party where lots of enjoyment is being loudly had, yet within you still feel like something is missing in you?

No.

Three fails there I'm afraid. Your 'Arm Chair Psychology' is so far wide of the mark it's laughable.