The Wisdom of Witness Lee

The Wisdom of Witness Lee

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
28 May 19

@sonship said
The real drop out is the one who won't read replies.
In other words you just wanted to hear yourself.
Replies I'm cool with. Self-serving monologues not so much. (And 'hearing oneself' is the very epitome of a monologue).

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 May 19
4 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

If you knew anything about what you're talking about even a self serving monologue you could refute, which you can't.

What does Witness Lee teach about the final destiny of every single human being who was ever saved ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 May 19
2 edits

Statements from theologians & academics at Fuller Theological Seminary on the orthodoxy of the ministry of Witness Lee:

https://contendingforthefaith.org/en/the-local-churches-genuine-believers-and-fellow-members-of-the-body-of-christ/

[my bolding]

“Fuller conducted a thorough review and examination of the major teachings and practices of the local churches.”

“It is the conclusion of Fuller Theological Seminary that the teachings and practices of the local churches and its members represent the genuine, historical, biblical Christian faith in every essential aspect.”

“Particularly, the teachings of Witness Lee have been grossly misrepresented and therefore most frequently misunderstood in the general Christian community, especially among those who classify themselves as evangelicals. We consistently discovered that when examined fairly in the light of scripture and church history, the actual teachings in question have significant biblical and historical credence. Therefore, we believe that they deserve the attention and consideration of the entire Body of Christ.”

“Moreover, we also can say with certainty that no evidence of cultic or cult-like attributes have been found by us among the leaders of the ministry or the members of the local churches who adhere to the teachings represented in the publications of Living Stream Ministry. Consequently, we are easily and comfortably able to receive them as genuine believers and fellow members of the Body of Christ, and we unreservedly recommend that all Christian believers likewise extend to them the right hand of fellowship.”

Moves
28 May 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@sonship

Unfortunately your post was too long to read.
Sonship’s epitaph maybe...

Moves
28 May 19

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
29 May 19
1 edit

Interested? anyone new ?

Start from the beginning of the thread. Read through.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 19
1 edit

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

If you knew anything about what you're talking about even a self serving monologue you could refute, which you can't.

What does Witness Lee teach about the final destiny of every single human being who was ever saved ?
Witness Lee is a false teacher putting his mouth where it does not belong. He has no clue who are they that are saved. This is the function of Jesus Christ only. All those who you refer to as saved fall into one of 3 groups:
1. Saved, lived a good and righteous life and given eternal life
2. Saved and did no good and so punished, corrected and eventually given eternal life
3. Saved and lived evil and sinful life and eventually destroyed

Maybe you have not come across the dozen or so passages that speak of this so I will quote you one.

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are. (1 Corinthians 3:13-17 KJV)

There are many such statements that WL and his cult doctrine choose to ignore.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 19

And another

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. (Hebrews 10:26-31 KJV)

A sorer punishment than death awaits those who are saved and continue with a life of sin

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 19

More

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God: But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned. (Hebrews 6:4-8 KJV)

Christians who receive the Holy Spirit, and are born again and saved, will be not be renewed and their end will be like thorns and briers, cursing and burned

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 19

Even more :

For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. (2 Peter 2:20-21 KJV)

Saved born again Christian saints who go back to their former life of sin will face a punishment worse than if they did not know of Christ in the first place

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 19

Still more

Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. (Galatians 5:19-21 KJV)

There is NO inheritance in the Kingdom of God for sinful born again Christian saints.

Moves
29 May 19

@Rajk999

Following sonship's advice I went back to the beginning of the thread and re-visited this curiosity from Lee:

'The Lord is not building His church in Christendom, which is composed of the apostate Roman Catholic Church and the Protestant denominations. This...is being fulfilled through the Lord's recovery, in which the building of the genuine church is being accomplished...Roman Catholicism and Protestantism, as well as Judaism, all [have] become an organization of Satan.'

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 19

Jesus Christ and every single Apostle spoke these very same words. But you and your cult buddies speak lies and deceive those who lack knowledge of the bible teachings. You false teachers are going to face the judgment of God for lying and deceiving the innocent

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 May 19
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
@Rajk999

Following sonship's advice I went back to the beginning of the thread and re-visited this curiosity from Lee:

'The Lord is not building His church in Christendom, which is composed of the apostate Roman Catholic Church and the Protestant denominations. This...is being fulfilled through the Lord's recovery, in which the building of the genuine church is ...[text shortened]... oman Catholicism and Protestantism, as well as Judaism, all [have] become an organization of Satan.'
Sonship has failed miserably to address that statement properly.

That statement alone should make a LCM member to get up and walk straight out of that church. But these people are sheep being led astray by a conniving crooked man. The bible says that these leaders appear as angels of light. It is only the elect of God who can see straight through their lies and deceit. I guess that makes you one of the elect.

Moves
29 May 19

@rajk999 said
Sonship has failed miserably to address that statement properly.

That statement alone should make a LCM member to get up and walk straight out of that church. But these people are sheep being led astray by a conniving crooked man. The bible says that these leaders appear as angels of light. It is only the elect of God who can see straight through their lies and deceit. I guess that makes you one of the elect.
I am highly electable.

😀