The Universe

The Universe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
15 Nov 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Like your brain.
😡

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
15 Nov 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
Heck, I'd even listen to him for a bottle of rum. πŸ™‚
And I for an Arran😡

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
15 Nov 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Trolling is not science, thank the forces of good for that. You are not only a troll, but an extremely odious and arrogant one. Your so-called video's are not science, they are political based tracts with one agenda, to get votes. You push ANY assshole with that agenda. That makes you the poster boy for trollness.

You would do MUCH better on a soapbox in ...[text shortened]... you bring a few bottles of rum and pass that around, you will get a splendid audience that way.
The Spiritual Forum is for debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after. My science includes the supernatural. If you wish to only debate and discuss science without a supernatural designer then you know where to go. 😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Nov 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
The Spiritual Forum is for debate and general discussion of the supernatural, religion, and the life after. My science includes the supernatural. If you wish to only debate and discuss science without a supernatural designer then you know where to go. 😏
I think that what a LOT of people don't really get is that this forum provides a soapbox and discussion table for people with many differing beliefs.

It is NOT a place to "shout down" others who do not believe as you do, nor is it a place to try to restrict what others have to say. Many have tried and are trying, these attempts will naturally fail.

Some try to browbeat others' faith with diatribes on what they believe about your beliefs and attempt to remind you (yet again) that they do not believe it and therefore you should just shut up. These attempts will fail as well. It's a public forum, if you don't like what is said, you can always go somewhere else.

I say, Have discernment in all things. Including others' motives. Especially others' motives.

Respect should be given to the idea that not everyone has the same opinions. There will be disagreement, but no one is any less of a human being merely because they hold other opinions. It would be well to remember this.

(DISCLAIMER: Ron, when I say "you" and "your" here I don't specifically mean you. I'm basically speaking to whoever reads this. I posted this in response to your post because I wished to add to it.)

F

Moves
16 Nov 14

Some try to browbeat others' faith with diatribes on what they believe about your beliefs and attempt to remind you (yet again) that they do not believe it and therefore you should just shut up. These attempts will fail as well. It's a public forum, if you don't like what is said, you can always go somewhere else.
Oh, the irony.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
16 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shape_of_the_universe

Just google 'shape of the universe'. There are lots of sites to read. I'm getting the idea that astronomers think the shape of the universe is as a flat disc as far as they can see. I would like to get some feedback from you all as to the validity of this idea of the universe being in the shape of a disc.

Yes wolfgang, you're right. πŸ˜‰
No, flat does not mean that it is squashed like a pancake. Flat means not curved. On the longest distance scales it is homogenous and isotropic. A positively curved universe would be like the three dimensional surface of a higher dimensional sphere. With no curvature it's pretty much like what one would naively expect from Euclidean Geometry.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
16 Nov 14

Heck, I'd even listen to him for a bottle of rum. πŸ™‚
It had better be a litre bottle though.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Nov 14

It's a public forum, if you don't like what is said, you can always go somewhere else.

Who are you and what have you done with Suzi?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Nov 14

Originally posted by FMF
Oh, the irony.
Oh, the guile.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Nov 14

Originally posted by DeepThought
It had better be a litre bottle though.
How much is enough? lol, I get your point. πŸ™‚

F

Moves
16 Nov 14
1 edit

Oh, the guile.
You said: "It's a public forum, if you don't like what is said, you can always go somewhere else." So, let's get this straight, Suzianne, you're not telling anyone to "shut up", and you're not "trying to restrict what others have to say", nothing like that, oh no; you're simply telling them to not post here and to post somewhere else? πŸ˜•πŸ˜€

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Nov 14

Originally posted by FMF
You said: "[b]It's a public forum, if you don't like what is said, you can always go somewhere else." So, let's get this straight, Suzianne, you're not telling anyone to "shut up", and you're not "trying to restrict what others have to say", nothing like that, oh no; you're simply telling them to not post here and to post somewhere else? πŸ˜•πŸ˜€[/b]
As I said, "Oh, the guile."

You'd do better to contain your bile to the thread you came from and not pollute other conversations with it.

There are other names for it. Following me from thread to thread, simply to spew out your frustrated bile to me, could be called "stalking" and/or "harassment". Down, boy.

F

Moves
16 Nov 14

It is NOT a place to "shout down" others who do not believe as you do, nor is it a place to try to restrict what others have to say.
Are you against attempts to "shout down" others on this forum?

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Nov 14

Originally posted by twhitehead
What would you call the thing that would convince you?
Astro projection. When I can see with my own eyes the whole universe.

πŸ™‚

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
16 Nov 14

Originally posted by josephw
Astro projection. When I can see with my own eyes the whole universe.

πŸ™‚
You mean astral? πŸ˜•