The

The "True" Religion?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
02 Mar 05

All religions claim to be the "true" religion. I, for one, believe that they are all crap. I believe that we are all from and of this earth and that when you pass away your "life force" is returned to the earth to manifest itself in some other form, perhaps even human. For example, there are way more people on the planet then ever before, but there are way less trees. There seems to be a balance, never more life than at any time before, it is just in another form. Most people will say that this is crap and lacking in "spirituality", but I have a hard time believing in some omnipotent being guiding the planet since we have done so much to screw it up.

So why do you believe that your religion is the "true" religion? I won't respond or debate you. This is just an opportunity for you to make the case for your religion.

Enjoy!

The Apologist

Moves
02 Mar 05

Originally posted by CliffLandin
All religions claim to be the "true" religion. I, for one, believe that they are all crap. I believe that we are all from and of this earth and that when you pass away your "life force" is returned to the earth to manifest itself in some other form, perhaps even human. For example, there are way more people on the planet then ever before, but there ...[text shortened]... or debate you. This is just an opportunity for you to make the case for your religion.

Enjoy!
First of all I must thank you for patronizing us, Cliff.

Secondly, I would like to point out that there must be a Creator because something cannot come from nothing.

Finally, I would like to point out that that Creator must be God, because it follows logically that if such a being would have enough love to give us life in the first place, then He would have more than enough love to contact us and tell us how to reach Him. Unless one thinks it is logical for a Father not to love His children?

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
02 Mar 05

All religions claim to be the "true" religion. I, for one, believe that they are all crap. I believe that we are all from and of this earth and that when you pass away your "life force" is returned to the earth to manifest itself in some other form, perhaps even human. For example, there are way more people on the planet then ever before, but there ...[text shortened]... or debate you. This is just an opportunity for you to make the case for your religion.

Enjoy!
You are right in saying there is no one true religion.

Jesus is the only way and having a relationship with him is not a religion.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
02 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
First of all I must thank you for patronizing us, Cliff.

Secondly, I would like to point out that there must be a Creator because something cannot come from nothing.

Finally, I would like to point out that that Creator must be God, because it follows logically that if such a being would have enough love to give us life in the first place, then He would ...[text shortened]... ell us how to reach Him. Unless one thinks it is logical for a Father not to love His children?
Please demonstrate your logic symbolically point by point so we can all follow it. If you cannot do this, stop saying you are using logic when you are not.

... --- ...

The Apologist

Moves
02 Mar 05

Originally posted by thesonofsaul
Please demonstrate your logic symbolically point by point so we can all follow it. If you cannot do this, stop saying you are using logic when you are not.

... --- ...
I'm afraid I will have to point out that that is your opinion, and not a verifiable fact.

Though I will pose this question; have you ever known someone to create something and be entirely neutral as to its wellbeing?

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
02 Mar 05

I'm afraid I will have to point out that that is your opinion, and not a verifiable fact.

Though I will pose this question; have you ever known someone to create something and be entirely neutral as to its wellbeing?
Don't change the subject.

If you are using logic and it is as clear as you say, simply demonstrate it.

... --- ...

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
02 Mar 05

Don't change the subject.

If you are using logic and it is as clear as you say, simply demonstrate it.

... --- ...

He didn't change the subject you gave your opinion and he gave his.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
02 Mar 05

Yes.

In fact, every writer and artist I've known has felt this at least once.

I feel that way myself about this poem I wrote two weeks ago:

Caniphagy

Few slept under the canvas:
The Corps of Discovery
Crossed into Nimipu lands,
Feasted on camas and salmon.

They held their breaths:
Every explosion that night
Cursed those creatures
That would become our pets.

The Apologist

Moves
02 Mar 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Yes.

In fact, every writer and artist I've known has felt this at least once.

I feel that way myself about this poem I wrote two weeks ago:

Caniphagy

Few slept under the canvas:
The Corps of Discovery
Crossed into Nimipu lands,
Feasted on camas and salmon.

They held their breaths:
Every explosion that night
Cursed those creatures
That would become our pets.
Why did you make it if you were entirely neutrel about it?

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
02 Mar 05

Originally posted by RBHILL
He didn't change the subject you gave your opinion and he gave his.
Yes he did. I asked him to display his logic. He refused, but instead of offering such refusal or better yet admitting that he was simply following his intuition like the rest of us blind souls, he went on and asked a question. I want that logic or an admittance that there is no logic involved in that train of thought.

... --- ...

The Apologist

Moves
02 Mar 05

Yes he did. I asked him to display his logic. He refused, but instead of offering such refusal or better yet admitting that he was simply following his intuition like the rest of us blind souls, he went on and asked a question. I want that logic or an admittance that there is no logic involved in that train of thought.

... --- ...
I'm presenting my logic to you in the form of a question. I will not lay it out for you as parents do for a child, but I will give you insight into my logic.

t
King of the Ashes

Trying to rise ....

Moves
02 Mar 05

I'm presenting my logic to you in the form of a question. I will not lay it out for you as parents do for a child, but I will give you insight into my logic.
Logic cannot be presented in the form of a question. It is presented by listing premises, suggesting a hypothesis, and then showing how the premises prove the hypothesis. The smaller you make your premises, the stronger your argument will be. Asking questions only works when you are arguing in terms of common sense, which doesn't work to prove the Bible anyway. Get cracking on that logic, or admit you are not using logic.

... --- ...

Human

Burnsville, NC, USA

Moves
02 Mar 05

Okay, let me clarify the point of this thread:

It isn't a debate of what is or isn't the true religion. It is only a chance for you to post why you believe your religion is the true religion. You aren't going to change my mind, so please stop trying. I have laid out for you what I believe. I am not asking you to verify or deny this, I am asking you to do the same. If you can't handle this then don't post, please.

The Apologist

Moves
02 Mar 05

Okay, let me clarify the point of this thread:

It isn't a debate of what is or isn't the true religion. It is only a chance for you to post why you believe your religion is the true religion. You aren't going to change my mind, so please stop trying. I have laid out for you what I believe. I am not asking you to verify or deny this, I am asking you to do the same. If you can't handle this then don't post, please.
So I am not to debate here nor in the debate forum? It seems my options are becoming less and less plentiful. Tell me, what is the point of writing something on a forum if you do not expect it to be critiqued? I have a journal for such purposes.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
02 Mar 05

Why did you make it if you were entirely neutrel about it?
I'm not neutral about the event it describes, but I am neutral about the results of my effort to craft this poem.

Sometimes you create, and you neither succeed nor fail. It is just there. You move on and create anew. Such was even the point Socrates made in Plato's Phadreus--a written text becomes an orphan.