1. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 14:57
    @kellyjay said
    The justified are the only ones getting eternal life!
    Here Paul says That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (Titus 3:7 KJV)

You have a HOPE. That hope only translates into eternal life IF you are judged to be worthy. Those Christian Saints who live righteously will inherit the Kingdom of God. Those who dont will not.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 14:591 edit
    @kellyjay said
    I actually agree with the notion that those that refuse to repent will not inherit the Kingdom of God, and it is a terrible notion to think just saying a single prayer is enough. What is enough is Jesus Christ in your life, with Him we can walk an overcoming life.
    It is not a notion. It is clearly stated in the bible several times. You continue to water down the teachings of the Bible pertaining to righteousness and good works. Saying a prayer is enough? Is that in the bible ?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 15:081 edit
    @philokalia said
    Not at all...

There is a proper interpretation of things. There are also things that have been determined to not be proper, but are potential readings.

Heresy is specifically when someone is distorting the very necessary doctrines of our religion.

Through this diversion, the religion is perverted and the Gospel is not preached. What comes of it is an anti-Gospel.
    Bull. Your notion of heresy boils down to simply the hierarchy controlling the mindless masses.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 15:171 edit
    @philokalia said
    So you would also agree that homosexuals can never inherit the Kingdom of God if they are unrepentant practitioners of this, and particularly any person who knows the will of God and persists in their homosexuality will not inherit the Kingdom of God, right, Rajk?

I am just making sure if you check this box.

But back to it:

I can accept the idea that Christians ...[text shortened]... disobedience to the commandment above all others: to love God with all your heart and all your mind.
    I have no specifics about who will inherit the Kingdom of God. I make general statements and quote the bible. Jesus will judge all people homosexual couples, the trouble-making gossipers the fat and glutinous, the child molesting priests. Nobody gets away. Jesus knows their heart and will judge accordingly.

You said I can accept the idea that Christians who knowingly and unrepentant persist in a sinful lifestyle will not inherit the Kingdom of God, and in a sense, this is a reflection on their weakness in faith... We often tie back persistence in a sinful, involved lifestyle to weakness in faith, right.

Its not an idea. It is clearly stated by Christ and all the Apostles. The fact that you call that an idea means you do not understand the bible. Weakness in faith NO .. Nonsense. There are those who have no faith as you define it and yet they are able to live righteously and do good works according to Christ definition.

All people before Christ never heard of Christ. Many during the time of Christ never heard of Christ but they heard Christ preach and they listened, they followed and obeyed. Many after Christ never heard of Christ but they lived righteously. Its not only in Luke 12, its all over the bible. Many of these people will inherit the Kingdom of God.

What is your definition of rejection God in your last scenario?
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 15:44
    @secondson said
    Sonship is wrong, if in fact he said you're a heretic because you don't believe his beliefs.

You would be a heretic if you taught doctrine contrary to what the scriptures say.
    You are therefore a heretic. You say that nothing is required except professing faith in Christ. Yet Paul said several times to born again faithful Christian Saints that it is REQUIRED for them to live righteously and to do good works otherwise there is no inheritance in the Kingdom of God

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
    (Ephesians 5:1-5 KJV)
    ]

You are a heretic by your own definition
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 16:58
    @rajk999 said
    Here Paul says That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life. (Titus 3:7 KJV)

You have a HOPE. That hope only translates into eternal life IF you are judged to be worthy. Those Christian Saints who live righteously will inherit the Kingdom of God. Those who dont will not.
    Read the scripture in context.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 17:23
    @kellyjay said
    Read the scripture in context.
    Afraid to explain the context? The context goes on to explain the importance of good works. In other similar passages Paul labours the point about righteousness and avoidance of sin OTHERWISE THERE IS NO ETERNAL LIFE.

Your doctrine is nonsense. It takes only the part about the work of Christ on the cross and twists that to mean that all who profess faith in Christ
    - are saved and get eternal life
    - they will automatically do good works
    - they have nothing else to do

Garbage and nonsense.

Jesus did His part - death and resurrection.
    Followers of Christ must do their part - obedience to the commandments
    ONLY THEN IS THERE ETERNAL LIFE IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 17:27
    @rajk999 said
    Afraid to explain the context? The context goes on to explain the importance of good works. In other similar passages Paul labours the point about righteousness and avoidance of sin OTHERWISE THERE IS NO ETERNAL LIFE.

Your doctrine is nonsense. It takes only the part about the work of Christ on the cross and twists that to mean that all who profess faith in Christ
    - are ...[text shortened]... do their part - obedience to the commandments
    Taking one line out of a long statement might be how you justify your doctrine it doesn’t fly with everyone else. Read from the beginning of the chapter.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 17:57
    @kellyjay said
    Taking one line out of a long statement might be how you justify your doctrine it doesn’t fly with everyone else. Read from the beginning of the chapter.
    Read Matt 5 6 7 and 25. Read who gets eternal life.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 21:311 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Read Matt 5 6 7 and 25. Read who gets eternal life.
    I have and the point you keep missing is they are all the Word, scriptures are not going to contradict themselves. You have to read Matt along with the rest of scripture. Plucking a verse here and there is not rightly dividing the text. If you think you can disagree with portions of the truth of scripture by repeating a few verses you will be in error.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 21:44
    @rajk999 said
    Gotya .. so Jesus was wrong. And I did not ask a personal question. You have volunteered this information about yourself
    - that you have faith
    - that you have Christ Spirit
    - that you have the Holy Spirit
    - that you have eternal life.

I have never volunteered information about myself. I discuss the doctrine and teachings of Christ and the Apostles, at arms length so to speak, mostly leaving myself out of it.
    Do you leave the Christ "at arm's length" as well?

How is that "following Christ"?

I'm just taking a guess here, but if you continue to "leave yourself out of it", you might find that Jesus "leaves you out of it" as well.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 21:50
    @suzianne said
    Do you leave the Christ "at arm's length" as well?

How is that "following Christ"?

I'm just taking a guess here, but if you continue to "leave yourself out of it", you might find that Jesus "leaves you out of it" as well.
    Not discussing personalities unless those people start talking about themselves and what they do. I discuss the doctrine at arms length and leave myself out of it. Maybe you can try it. Its good for the soul.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 21:52
    @kellyjay said
    I have and the point you keep missing is they are all the Word, scriptures are not going to contradict themselves. You have to read Matt along with the rest of scripture. Plucking a verse here and there is not rightly dividing the text. If you think you can disagree with portions of the truth of scripture by repeating a few verses you will be in error.
    Im taking the whole of the teachings of Christ and the Apostles into consideration.
    At the end of it all, it is those who do good works and live righteously will enter the Kingdom of God. If you read the Bible and you conclude that only those who profess to be faithful will get eternal life then good for you.

That concludes my discussion with you.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 00:06
    @rajk999 said

- are ...[text shortened]... do their part - obedience to the commandments
    Titus 3 ESV
    But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life. The saying is trustworthy, and I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. These things are excellent and profitable for people.

We are saved due to Jesus' mercy, you fight against this, why?
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 00:47
    @kellyjay said
    Titus 3 ESV
    But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to ...[text shortened]... ellent and profitable for people.

We are saved due to Jesus' mercy, you fight against this, why?
    I see the screws are loosening up again.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree