1. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 22:39
    @kellyjay said
    You asked if I had faith.
    I asked if you have the Holy Spirit in you.

Jesus is not wrong about anything.
    This would include the passage of scripture you had to alter before speaking to it.

I don’t care what you offered you got personal about my life, in what I have.

Please answer my question to you.

You have claimed I don’t belong to Christ, that is personal.
    ...[text shortened]... e very vulgar comments that was extremely insulting and personal.

So answer the question, man up!
    I never made any claims about myself except for the fact that I believe in God, Jesus Christ His Son, sent to die for our sins. Jesus will one day return to judge all mankind and all who do good works will inherit the Kingdom of God others will be destroyed.

You on the other had made all the claims I previously listed. I am entitled to scrutinize your claims, and you are free to scrutinize mine. So far you come up wanting.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    04 Jun '19 22:531 edit
    @rajk999 said
    I never made any claims about myself except for the fact that I believe in God, Jesus Christ His Son, sent to die for our sins. Jesus will one day return to judge all mankind and all who do good works will inherit the Kingdom of God others will be destroyed.

You on the other had made all the claims I previously listed. I am entitled to scrutinize your claims, and you are free to scrutinize mine. So far you come up wanting.
    No, I think its clear how you treat others is not the way you want to be treated.

Why do you think Christ had to die for our sins if we have to earn our way to God?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 00:101 edit
    @kellyjay said
    No, I think its clear how you treat others is not the way you want to be treated.

Why do you think Christ had to die for our sins if we have to earn our way to God?
    Actually information you put out on the internet is public domain and is subject to be questioned and queried. I have put out no personal information worth questioning.

As for the question about why Christ died I answered that a zillions times already.
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 01:30
    @rajk999 said
    Actually information you put out on the internet is public domain and is subject to be questioned and queried. I have put out no personal information worth questioning.

As for the question about why Christ died I answered that a zillions times already.
    You make judgment calls on other's lives claiming things to be true you do not know, you ask personal questions and get answers, but don't respond to the same treatment you give out, its your choice.

With respect to why did Christ die, explain why I have to work to be justified when God justifies the ungodly?

Romans 4:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Now to the one who works, his wages are not counted as a gift but as his due. And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works:

This isn't denying we will do works, but that they are not part of our salvation, we are not saved by works, but by God's grace through faith.

If you believe Jesus died for our sins, do you believe that in Christ we are right with God now, or we are still not right with God and have to earn our right standing still, because Jesus work wasn't enough?
  5. S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 01:48
    @caesar-salad said
    Heresy = "You don't believe the particular nonsense required to be a member of our cult."
    Not at all...

There is a proper interpretation of things. There are also things that have been determined to not be proper, but are potential readings.

Heresy is specifically when someone is distorting the very necessary doctrines of our religion.

Through this diversion, the religion is perverted and the Gospel is not preached. What comes of it is an anti-Gospel.
  6. S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 01:50
    @rajk999 said
    A man is justified by grace, and saved by grace through faith. But a man is welcomed into the Kingdom of God and given eternal life because of works. This is the reason why whenever judgement and eternal is spoken of the issue of works is paramount. Failure to do good works leads to damnation.

Saved is NOT THE SAME AS eternal life in the Kingdom of God. Proof of this is ...[text shortened]... is not something which interests me. That is something church leaders use to scare the congregation.
    So you are saying that one has to be a believer in Christ, and that one also has to have a series of good works?

I think I've seen you in other places talking about how righteous atheists (?) will enter the Kingdom of God, but not Christians who do not have works.

And please, supply your Ephesians verse.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 03:171 edit
    @kellyjay said
    You make judgment calls on other's lives claiming things to be true you do not know, you ask personal questions and get answers, but don't respond to the same treatment you give out, its your choice.

With respect to why did Christ die, explain why I have to work to be justified when God justifies the ungodly?

Romans 4:4-6 English Standard Version (ESV)
    Now to the one ...[text shortened]... till not right with God and have to earn our right standing still, because Jesus work wasn't enough?
    Justified does not mean you get eternal life. Justification gives you a HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE. It is how you live ie the good works and righteous living that determine if you enter the kingdom of God.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 03:551 edit
    @philokalia said
    So you are saying that one has to be a believer in Christ, and that one also has to have a series of good works?
    I think I've seen you in other places talking about how righteous atheists (?) will enter the Kingdom of God, but not Christians who do not have works.
    And please, supply your Ephesians verse.
    The elect of God has to be believers in Christ.
    The Saints and those who will rule with Christ has to be believers.
    Not everyone who enters the Kingdom of God has to be believers.

The greatest thing is brotherly love,, not faith. Paul said that and Jesus said that in Matt 25 because that is what determines who enters the Kingdom of God.

Professions of faith in Christ alone is not sufficient for eternal life. A life of righteousness is also required:

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
    (Ephesians 5:1-5 KJV)

Christian saints will not inherit the Kingdom of God. if they live in sin.
  9. S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 06:22
    So you would also agree that homosexuals can never inherit the Kingdom of God if they are unrepentant practitioners of this, and particularly any person who knows the will of God and persists in their homosexuality will not inherit the Kingdom of God, right, Rajk?

I am just making sure if you check this box.

But back to it:

I can accept the idea that Christians who knowingly and unrepentently persist in a sinful lifestyle will not inherit the Kingdom of God, and in a sense, this is a reflection on their weakness in faith... We often tie back persistence in a sinful, uninvolved lifestyle to weakness in faith, right.

I also believe that people who had never heard of Christ can inherit the Kingdom of God in some circumstances -- circumstances that I do not know, but it seems that this is something that Luke 12 addresses...

Yet, a Westerner who was born into a duly pious home and received proper Christian instruction but who rejected God... I cannot judge such a person at all, but, it is definitely in disobedience to the commandment above all others: to love God with all your heart and all your mind.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 07:09
    @rajk999 said
    Heresy is not something which interests me. That is something church leaders use to scare the congregation.
    According to sonship I am a heretic because I reject some of his strange beliefs.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 10:10
    @rajk999 said
    Justified does not mean you get eternal life. Justification gives you a HOPE OF ETERNAL LIFE. It is how you live ie the good works and righteous living that determine if you enter the kingdom of God.
    The justified are the only ones getting eternal life! The blood of Jesus Christ justifies the sinners, the seal of God's Holy Spirit is a guarantee we receive in this life, one of which I have shared with you over and over

2 Corinthians 1: (ESV)
    And it is God who establishes us with you in Christ, and has anointed us, and who has also put his seal on us and given us his Spirit in our hearts as a guarantee.

Hebrews 9:13-15 English Standard Version (ESV)
    For if the blood of goats and bulls, and the sprinkling of defiled persons with the ashes of a heifer, sanctify for the purification of the flesh, how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.
    Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant.

Matthew 10:20
    For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.

John 7:39
    Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified.

When Jesus walked the earth He did so as a man, with man's temptations, with all of man's limitations. Now that He was been glorified, the Spirit of God is given to us who belong to God, without God in you, you do not belong to Him and all of your attempts to be righteous before God will be self promoting, not Jesus Christ glorifying who actually has made away to God, with Him being the only way to God, being God He justified us by His blood not by our efforts.
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 10:11
    @divegeester said
    According to sonship I am a heretic because I reject some of his strange beliefs.
    Sonship is wrong, if in fact he said you're a heretic because you don't believe his beliefs.

You would be a heretic if you taught doctrine contrary to what the scriptures say.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 10:14
    @philokalia said
    So you would also agree that homosexuals can never inherit the Kingdom of God if they are unrepentant practitioners of this, and particularly any person who knows the will of God and persists in their homosexuality will not inherit the Kingdom of God, right, Rajk?

I am just making sure if you check this box.

But back to it:

I can accept the idea that Christians ...[text shortened]... disobedience to the commandment above all others: to love God with all your heart and all your mind.
    I actually agree with the notion that those that refuse to repent will not inherit the Kingdom of God, and it is a terrible notion to think just saying a single prayer is enough. What is enough is Jesus Christ in your life, with Him we can walk an overcoming life.
  14. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 10:28
    @kellyjay said
    What is enough is Jesus Christ in your life, with Him we can walk an overcoming life.
    Acts 17:28
    For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    05 Jun '19 14:10
    @divegeester said
    Thats like wind blowing. A heretic is simply a person who departs from accepted religious teachings. So the story is, Christ and Paul laid down the correct religious teachings. Christianity basically accepted it for a few hundred yrs. Then along came Martin Luther and changed it, He was a heretic at the time. Over the yrs because Martin Luther eliminated good works from the equation it became easy to accept. Now those who go back to the correct teachings of Christ are the heretics.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree