1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 01:05
    @rajk999 said
    I see the screws are loosening up again.
    No, you see a question why you think we can establish our righteousness by what we do before God? No one denies we will do good works, but it is our savior that saves us, not our works, we do good works because we are saved to serve and please Him, for His honor and glory instead of our own. Your whole doctrine has people working towards their salvation, for their own benefit in the hopes they can do enough to be saved, or earn righteousness before God.

For our own benefit is all you are preaching, do good works earn your righteousness, just like we earn a paycheck, put in the time, do the work, be good enough, as if you can before God. This way you can look down on all of those not as good as you, because you earned your righteousness, your self-righteousness.

You do this in the face of so many scriptures that say otherwise.

Titus 3
    But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by his grace we might become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

In context these verses denounce what you wanted to use them for earlier.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 10:51
    @kellyjay said
    No, you see a question why you think we can establish our righteousness by what we do before God? No one denies we will do good works, but it is our savior that saves us, not our works, we do good works because we are saved to serve and please Him, for His honor and glory instead of our own. Your whole doctrine has people working towards their salvation, for their own benefi ...[text shortened]... e hope of eternal life.

In context these verses denounce what you wanted to use them for earlier.
    Its no wonder good decent righteous people avoid church people like you.
    You are screwed up.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 11:55
    @rajk999 said
    Its no wonder good decent righteous people avoid church people like you.
    You are screwed up.
    If you are attempting to be good enough on your own instead of trusting in the love and grace of God won for us in Christ, I am sure you think so.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 12:06
    @kellyjay said
    If you are attempting to be good enough on your own instead of trusting in the love and grace of God won for us in Christ, I am sure you think so.
    Thats the doctrine of a lazy slothful fool, any excuse to do nothing.
    Jesus will deal with your type, the goats.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 14:24
    @rajk999 said
    Thats the doctrine of a lazy slothful fool, any excuse to do nothing.
    Jesus will deal with your type, the goats.
    You have no idea what my life is like! The doctrine sets us in right standing with God through Jesus Christ’s blood. Once justified in Christ we can abide in Him doing His good works. Because only God can open eyes giving sight to those who think they see, and ears to hear who think they hear. If we don’t have God’s Spirit we cannot even see God’s Kingdom let alone enter it. What is not done with Christ be judged.

The excuse here is not to avoid work but trusting Him for salvation, and it’s your avoidance here not mine.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 14:45
    @kellyjay said
    You have no idea what my life is like! The doctrine sets us in right standing with God through Jesus Christ’s blood. Once justified in Christ we can abide in Him doing His good works. Because only God can open eyes giving sight to those who think they see, and ears to hear who think they hear. If we don’t have God’s Spirit we cannot even see God’s Kingdom let alone enter it. ...[text shortened]... use here is not to avoid work but trusting Him for salvation, and it’s your avoidance here not mine.
    There are two doctrines in the New Testament
    1. the doctrine based on mouth worship
    2. the doctrine of the workers in the vineyard of Christ.

You are the first one. You pick out all the passages where you think you can support your lazy do nothing lifestyle relying on Christ for eternal life.

The second is about living the lifestyle Jesus described in Matt 5, 6 and 7, culminating in Matt 25 on judgement day when the sheep who worked the good works that Jesus preached about are given eternal life.

You made your choice. I made mine.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 16:30
    @rajk999 said
    There are two doctrines in the New Testament
    1. the doctrine based on mouth worship
    2. the doctrine of the workers in the vineyard of Christ.

You are the first one. You pick out all the passages where you think you can support your lazy do nothing lifestyle relying on Christ for eternal life.

The second is about living the lifestyle Jesus described in Matt 5, 6 and 7, ...[text shortened]... e good works that Jesus preached about are given eternal life.

You made your choice. I made mine.
    It is not a lifestyle choice, but a Jesus Christ choice! You are either trusting in what He did on our behalf for the glory of God or not.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    06 Jun '19 16:35
    @kellyjay said
    It is not a lifestyle choice, but a Jesus Christ choice! You are either trusting in what He did on our behalf for the glory of God or not.
    Ok got it. Good luck.
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Jun '19 02:22
    @rajk999 said
    Ok got it. Good luck.
    To you too, and I mean that sincerely.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    11 Jun '19 00:52
    @kellyjay said
    Do you believe God loves you, if so why?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree