The New Covenant  - Calling PB1022

The New Covenant - Calling PB1022

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Here is the reason why church Christians do not like to respond to my posts. It is because they have nothing sensible to say: Example :

Here is my comment with the question
[i]So we have no response from the church Christians who claim that they are under the New Covenant and therefor not under any law. .. not the Law of Moses and not the commandments of Christ either ...[text shortened]... to keep and follow. Obviously Christians are failures at reading and understanding what Paul wrote.
Everything with you is focused on salvation.

Read this copy-and-paste if you want to understand what Paul wrote in Galatians.

This “coward dog,” as you referred to me earlier in this thread, has no interest in further conversing with someone as hateful as you.

<<b. Those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God: To walk in these works of the flesh is to be in plain rebellion against God, and those in plain rebellion against God will not inherit the kingdom of God.

i. What is at stake here? The kingdom of God, which describes where God rules, and the benefits of His rule are realized. Because Paul speaks of inheriting the kingdom of God, we understand he means “heaven.” Paul says plainly, that those who practice such things will not go to heaven. Neither will they know the wonder and the glory of the kingdom of God on earth.

ii. Who are the people in danger? Those who practice such things. This means more than someone who has committed adultery, or fornication, or sorcery, or drunkenness, or any of these. This speaks of those who continue on in these sins, ignoring the voice of the Holy Spirit telling them to “stop.”

iii. “The tense of the verb (present) indicates a habitual continuation in fleshly sins rather than an isolated lapse, and the point is that those who continually practice such sins give evidence of having never received God’s Spirit.” (Boice)

iv. Practice “represents a present participle, ‘people doing such things’, and it carries the implication that they do them constantly.” (Morris)

v. “The verb prassontes [practice] referring to habitual practice rather than an isolated lapse.” (Stott)

c. Will not inherit the kingdom of God: The strength and certainty of Paul in this verse is striking. Paul may sound rigid or even harsh here, but he is consistent with the Biblical idea of conversion. When we come to Jesus to have our sins forgiven and our soul saved, He also changes our life. It doesn’t happen all at once, and the work will never be perfected on this side of eternity, but there will be a real change none the less (1 John 3:5-9). As Charles Spurgeon is said to have put it, “The grace that does not change my life will not save my soul.” The idea isn’t that a Christian could never commit these sins, but that they could never stay in these sins.

i. “Christians also fall and perform the lusts of the flesh. David fell horribly into adultery. Peter also fell grievously when he denied Christ. However great as these sins were, they were not committed to spite God, but from weakness. When their sins were brought to their attention these men did not obstinately continue in their sin, but repented. Those who sin through weakness are not denied pardon as long as they rise again and cease to sin. There is nothing worse than to continue in sin. If they do not repent, but obstinately continue to fulfill the desires of the flesh, it is a sure sign that they are not sincere.” (Luther)>>

https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/galatians-5/

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@indonesia-phil said
It seems as though being a Christian isn't enough to save a soul from damnation, you have to be the right kind of Christian.
Salvation is by John 3:16 and Romans 10:9.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@indonesia-phil said
It seems as though being a Christian isn't enough to save a soul from damnation, you have to be the right kind of Christian.
Jesus has justified all of mankind by his death and resurrection, so that all people from all religions and all races from Adam to the end of the world, who live righteously and keep His commandments will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Being a Christian is not a requirement for eternal life. Being a Christian is however a requirement for being raised first to rule with Christ when he returns.

This is the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles. Christians do not have any monopoly on the Kingdom of God.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Feb 22
1 edit

@pb1022 said

Read this copy-and-paste if you want to understand what Paul wrote in Galatians.
The wise man ignores the church but reads, believes, and does, the teachings of Christ and the Apostles, and will hear the words .... Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: (Matthew 25:34 KJV)

The fool ignores the Bible and instead he reads the interpretations of the church, and will hear the words .. Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41 KJV)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Jesus has justified all of mankind by his death and resurrection, so that all people from all religions and all races from Adam to the end of the world, who live righteously and keep His commandments will get eternal life in the Kingdom of God.

Being a Christian is not a requirement for eternal life. Being a Christian is however a requirement for being raised first to rul ...[text shortened]... the teachings of Jesus and the Apostles. Christians do not have any monopoly on the Kingdom of God.
You’re simply wrong. Flat-out wrong.

And you’ve been shown you’re wrong often enough that you’ve gone from just being wrong to lying.

Explain this verse, or are you going to run away like you usually do when your false doctrine is exposed?

“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”

(John 8:24)

That’s Jesus Christ talking, and I could cite many more verses jyst like it.

Your doctrine reduces to irrelevancy what Jesus Christ accomplished on the cross.

I hope one day you wake up.

Ask God to reveal the truth to you. Ask God to give you wisdom.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
The wise man ignores the church but reads, believes, and does, the teachings of Christ and the Apostles, and will hear the words .... Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: (Matthew 25:34 KJV)

The fool ignores the Bible and instead he reads the interpretations of the church, and will hear the words ...[text shortened]... me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels (Matthew 25:41 KJV) [/i]
So no substantive response to copy-and-paste I posted?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
So no substantive response to copy-and-paste I posted?
I have no need of church interpretations when the bible is clear. Thanks anyhow.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You’re simply wrong. Flat-out wrong.

And you’ve been shown you’re wrong often enough that you’ve gone from just being wrong to lying.

Explain this verse, or are you going to run away like you usually do when your false doctrine is exposed?

“I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.”

(Jo ...[text shortened]... s.

I hope one day you wake up.

Ask God to reveal the truth to you. Ask God to give you wisdom.
Bump for rajk999.

You can’t explain that clear statement from Jesus Christ in John 8:24?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
08 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
I have no need of church interpretations when the bible is clear. Thanks anyhow.
The Holy Bible sure is clear in John 8:24 (among other places.)

How do you square your doctrine with John 8:24?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Jesus Christ didn’t say that to crowds of people so it therefore doesn’t count.

Funny how you quote the Apostle Paul when he says something that appears to agree with your false doctrine but then dismiss him when he says something clearly against your false doctrine.

Apparently you now do the same thing with Jesus.

Your false doctrine is more important to you than the Bible and apparently more important to you than even Jesus.

And eventually, you’ll find it was more important to yoiu than salvation.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
The Holy Bible sure is clear in John 8:24 (among other places.)

How do you square your doctrine with John 8:24?

Oh yeah, I forgot. Jesus Christ didn’t say that to crowds of people so it therefore doesn’t count.

Funny how you quote the Apostle Paul when he says something that appears to agree with your false doctrine but then dismiss him when he says something clearly ...[text shortened]... to you than even Jesus.

And eventually, you’ll find it was more important to yoiu than salvation.
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. (Revelation 22:14-15 KJV)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie. (Revelation 22:14-15 KJV)
That verse, as well as the sheep and goats passage from Matthew and several other verses you consistently misinterpret, has been responded to numerous times (and at least several times by me.)

Not gonna waste my time responding again.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22
8 edits

A good glimpse into the New Covenant found in the Hebrew Bible is Jeremiah 31:33. It is four sections:

Indeed, days are coming, declares Jehovah, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. (v.31)

That simply announces that there will be a new covenant.

"Not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by their hand . . . . My covenant which they broke . . . etc" (v.32)

That simply reinforces that it is indeed a new covenant and not the old one.
Then we get into the contents of this new covenant:

"But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Isreal after those days. declares Jehovah,"

1.) "I will put My law in their inward parts and write it upon their hearts;
2.) "and I will be their God, and they will be My people. . . ."
3.) "And they will no longer teach, each man his neighbor and each man his
brother, saying, Know Jehovah;
for all will know Me, from the little one among them even to the
great one among them, declares Jehovah"

4.) "for I will forgive their iniquity, and thier sin I will remember no more."

These FOUR pillars the new covenant. Most Christianity emphasizes only the last section about forgiveness. But the other three aspects are also important.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22
6 edits

The New Covenant promised by Jeremiah the prophet: (Jeremiah 31:33)

God would inscribe or write His law into man's inward parts.
According to this inscribing of His law into them they would be His people and He would be their God.
All those so written into by God would know Him, subjectively. From the least to the greastest.
He would by no means remember thier iniquities or their sin any longer.

That is a short review of the prophecy of the coming new covenant.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Feb 22
4 edits

Am I on track?

Then the book of Hebrews reiterates the contents of the new covenant (TWICE) and explains much much more.

"For finding fault with them He says, Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, and I will consummate a new covenant upon the house of Israel and upon the house of Judah, . . . For this is the covenant which I will covenant with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord:

I will impart My laws into their mind, and on thier hearts I will inscribe them; and I will be God to them, and they will be a people to Me. And they shall by no means each teach his fellow citizen and each his brother, saying, Know the Lord; for all will know Me from the little one to the great one among them.

For I will be propitious to their unrighteousnesses, and their sins I shall by no means remember anymore." (Heb. 8:8-12)

Then the writer of Hebews mentions this again in chapter 10.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Feb 22

@sonship said
Am I on track?
Who are you asking ?