The New Covenant  - Calling PB1022

The New Covenant - Calling PB1022

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Feb 22
2 edits

@sonship said
Am I on track?

Then the book of Hebrews reiterates the contents of the new covenant (TWICE) and explains much much more.

"For finding fault with them He says, Behold, the days are coming, says the Lord, and I will consummate a new covenant upon the house of Israel and upon the house of Judah, . . . For this is the covenant which I will covenant with ...[text shortened]... ember anymore." (Heb. 8:8-12)

Then the writer of Hebews mentions this again in chapter 10.
Clearly you refused to read my posts. The issue is not about if there is a New Covenant. You are just rambling on about whatever comes into your head.

The issue is that Christians have removed Christ from the New Covenant., by saying that the keeping of His commandments is no longer a requirement for eternal life, claiming that you are under Grace and not under any law. They claim that the New Covenant started on the Day of Pentecost.

But the very passages you quote is stating clearly that THERE IS A NEW LAW Why do Christians claim they are under the New Covenant and not under any law yet quote passages about a NEW LAW.

Read the opening post instead of rambling on and on

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22
5 edits

Would anyone like to hear me ramble a bit more about the law of the Spirit, the living law. the law of the Spirit of [divine] life

God inscribes His being into man as a law of life. That writing of His law into our inward parts and inscibing His laws into our mind is about -

THE DISPENSING of Jesus Christ as life into our hearts.

There is now then no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus.

For the law of the Spirit of life has freed me in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and of death.

. . .
( I skipped a verse. And Rajk999 will complain that I skipped a verse )

That the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us,

might be fulfilled in us . . .

might be fulfulled in us . . .

MIGHT BE FULFILLED IN US, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit." (Rom. 8:1,2,4)

The new covnant is receving Christ as the law of the Spirit of life. And it is learning to WALK in and by Him.

And calling on the name of the Lord Jesus certainly helps in learning to thus WALK.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22
1 edit

A few more English translations about this NEW law God imparts into man - a LIVING Person as a law, mind you.

Berean Study Bible
For in Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set you free from the law of sin and death.

King James Bible
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death

New American Standard Bible
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death

Amplified Bible
For the law of the Spirit of life [which is] in Christ Jesus [the law of our new being] has set you free from the law of sin and of death

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
For The Law of The Spirit of Life which is in Yeshua The Messiah has freed you from the law of sin and of death.

Good News Translation
For the law of the Spirit, which brings us life in union with Christ Jesus, has set me free from the law of sin and death.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 Feb 22

@Rajk999

The time has come to explain exactly what is the New Covenant and how it is you can say that I am under the Old Covenant.

You said read the OP. I did.

And still the New Covenant is Christ as a living Person and as Spirit is WRITTEN into man's inner being.

This new covenant is about the impartation of a living Person as life giving Spirit into man's being.

More English renderings of Romans 8:2

Contemporary English Version
The Holy Spirit will give you life that comes from Christ Jesus and will set you free from sin and death.

Douay-Rheims Bible
For the law of the spirit of life, in Christ Jesus, hath delivered me from the law of sin and of death.

NET Bible
For the law of the life-giving Spirit in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death.

New Revised Standard Version
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death.

New Heart English Bible
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death