The medicalization of the moral life...

The medicalization of the moral life...

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
18 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
The fact that you know so little about spiritual reality is... a surprise to you?
I just think you're bonkers. 100% utterly bonkers.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Based upon your extremely limited understanding of said spiritual reality, I'd say that's a compliment.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
18 Dec 11

Based upon your extremely limited understanding of said spiritual reality, I'd say that's a compliment.
Zing! That's a good one. 😏

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by Dasa
What you mean to actually say is.......that a self realized soul and devoted lover of God and a person who follows true religion perfectly - cannot become possessed.....which is true.

But.......just someone believing in God can become possessed as easily as someone who does not.
Go back to your room, the adults are talking now. 😛

w

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
The medicalization of the moral life is a big philosophical mistake.

Discuss.
What is a moral life?

F

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by whodey
What is a moral life?
That's something you might want to look into yourself and if you do, this thread will still be here if you want to contribute. 🙂

w

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by FMF
That's something you might want to look into yourself and if you do, this thread will still be here if you want to contribute. 🙂
Why would I medicate someone to live a moral life if I did not already have a preconceived notion atout what a moral life consisted of?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Dec 11
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
All I want to know is how is morality involved in schizophrenia? I wasn't aware that medical issues made anyone more or less moral.

Edit: Bah, I have to go to church, be back later.

F

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by whodey
Why would I medicate someone to live a moral life if I did not already have a preconceived notion atout what a moral life consisted of?
If you don't know what the phrase "The medicalization of the moral life" is referring to, perhaps you need to go and take a look rather than trying to make 'what whodey doesn't know' into the topic of debate.

F

Moves
18 Dec 11

Originally posted by Suzianne
All I want to know is how is morality involved in schizophrenia? I wasn't aware that medical issues made anyone more or less moral.
It was FreakyKBH, and not me, who introduced the topic of believers and unbelievers and schizophrenia. Take it up with him.🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 Dec 11

So why do think the spiritual isn't a reality, or is that your position?
Kelly

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Dec 11

Originally posted by KellyJay
So why do think the spiritual isn't a reality, or is that your position?
Kelly
The 'spiritual', what exactly is that?

I can tell you i don't believe in demons.

F

Moves
19 Dec 11

The truth is, I hold this entire internet thing--- and forums in particular--- a type of masturbation. Every time I'm on here, I walk away with a bit of shame.[/b]
What? Masturbation is a sin? But it was invented by the monks and nuns, wasn't it?

rc

Moves
19 Dec 11

I can tell you i don't believe in demons.

our consciousness and how it relates to our understanding of ourselves in relation to
the world around us.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 Dec 11
2 edits

Originally posted by robbie carrobie

our consciousness and how it relates to our understanding of ourselves in relation to
the world around us.
I see, i reckon other people have different definitions. Your one sounds like the application science.

Are 'demons' part of the 'spiritual reality' Rob?