1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 10:46
    @divegeester said
    There more than 8,000,000,000 people on this planet, why should any one of them accept your subjective opinion of what “truth” is?
    They should "accept" God's objective declaration of what truth is.

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life:"

It's the truth, and it's what I'm telling you and everyone I meet. It's not my truth. It's God's truth.

Sorry bub, but you argue like you don't know the truth.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 14:06
    @josephw said

It's the truth, and it's what I'm telling you and everyone I meet. It's not my truth. It's God's truth.

Here is the most critical truth spoken by Christ, repeated many times and one which you ignore

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:14 KJV)

You promote a doctrine devoid of obedience to the commandments, promoting instead mouth worship which Jesus condemned, again many times. Here is one

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? (Matthew 7:21-22 KJV)

So clearly you fail to understand what truth is yourself.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 15:591 edit
    @rajk999 said
    Here is the most critical truth spoken by Christ, repeated many times and one which you ignore

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. (Revelation 22:14 KJV)

You promote a doctrine devoid of obedience to the commandments, promoting instead mouth worship whi ...[text shortened]... rful works? (Matthew 7:21-22 KJV) [/i]

So clearly you fail to understand what truth is yourself.
    I think you just did what divegeester tried to say is the problem with "mainstream" Christianity in his OP in the thread titled Modular Doctrine Construction.

You say, "here is the most critical truth", then cite a verse, generate a narrative, then expect everyone to agree with you.

And if we don't you proceed to mischaracterize and criticize like the devil.

Besides that you lost the thread and changed the subject.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Jun '22 21:31
    @josephw said

I wasn’t asking you I was asking KellyJay.

But ok as you’re here…Why should anyone accept your person version of truth?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 01:11
    @divegeester said
    I wasn’t asking you I was asking KellyJay.

But ok as you’re here…Why should anyone accept your person version of truth?
    Why would you think I would think anyone should accept my personal version of the truth?

You're not listening to what I said.

I said, "Jesus said". Jesus said it. Yeah, I believe what Jesus said.

How in the hell is it my "version" of the truth? Jesus said it. That's why it's the truth. Get it?

Or is it some kind of a joke that you should use the same argument as an unbeliever? Wake up divegeester!
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 05:08
    @josephw said
    Why would you think I would think anyone should accept my personal version of the truth?
    By the way you jumped in to help out kellyjay (who has since been reluctant to reply to me), I thought you were interested in my question to him. But it seems you’re just here to bluster and dodge.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 10:52
    @divegeester said
    By the way you jumped in to help out kellyjay (who has since been reluctant to reply to me), I thought you were interested in my question to him. But it seems you’re just here to bluster and dodge.
    Doesn't matter. You dodged my post.

"I said, "Jesus said". Jesus said it. Yeah, I believe what Jesus said.

How in the hell is it my "version" of the truth? Jesus said it. That's why it's the truth. Get it?"

Let's see if you lack the personal integrity to respond.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 10:542 edits
    @josephw said
    Doesn't matter. You dodged my post.

"I said, "Jesus said". Jesus said it. Yeah, I believe what Jesus said.

How in the hell is it my "version" of the truth? Jesus said it. That's why it's the truth. Get it?"

Let's see if you lack the personal integrity to respond.
    Well tell me what it is YOU actually believe and show me where the words of Jesus fully support every part of it and we can talk.

Until then you sound just like the old rooster “Foghorn Leghorn”.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 11:12
    @divegeester said
    Well tell me what it is YOU actually believe and show me where the words of Jesus fully support every part of it and we can talk.

Until then you sound just like the old rooster “Foghorn Leghorn”.
    Why don't you just be honest and say you don't believe Jesus instead of squirming around and avoiding and obfuscating the matter?

Or is it you simply can't remember the point being discussed from one post to the next?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 11:14
    @josephw said
    Why don't you just be honest and say you don't believe Jesus instead of squirming around and avoiding and obfuscating the matter?

Or is it you simply can't remember the point being discussed from one post to the next?
    See, you just change the subject and run away farting more abuse.

Come on … state exactly precisely what you believe about eternal suffering and let’s talk.

Bye!
  11. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 12:10
    @divegeester said
    See, you just change the subject and run away farting more abuse.

Come on … state exactly precisely what you believe about eternal suffering and let’s talk.

Bye!
    You just proved my point. You lost the thread and failed to follow what the subject being discussed was, and farted out your old standby about eternal suffering, changing the subject altogether.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 12:50
    @josephw said
    You just proved my point. You lost the thread and failed to follow what the subject being discussed was, and farted out your old standby about eternal suffering, changing the subject altogether.
    Stop running away, you’re such a coward Joseph.

Tell us all, exactly, precisely, completely what it is YOU believe about non Christian being burned alive for eternity, and then we can discuss it.?

You won’t, you’re just a gutless blowhard who’s ashamed of his own beliefs.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 16:05
    @divegeester said
    Stop running away, you’re such a coward Joseph.

Tell us all, exactly, precisely, completely what it is YOU believe about non Christian being burned alive for eternity, and then we can discuss it.?

You won’t, you’re just a gutless blowhard who’s ashamed of his own beliefs.
    I think your spirituality forum behavior is more at issue than anyone's beliefs.

I think your behavior has reached the level of criminal.
  14. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Jun '22 19:412 edits
    @josephw said

Give me 15 good reasons to believe that God exists, that God ever spoke to man, that if God ever spoke to man it was only to one people and in Aramaic, that His exact words are correctly recorded in the NT (or anywhere else) and passed down unadulterated, without diminution or addition, to the present day. Then we can talk about objective truth and whether Christians have a monopoly on it.

Don't bother to quote the Bible to me. The Bible is not self-validating. Just because the Bible claims to be the word of God doesn't mean it is the word of God. Every religion claims to be the word of God; that doesn't make it so.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 04:18
    @moonbus said
    Give me 15 good reasons to believe that God exists, that God ever spoke to man, that if God ever spoke to man it was only to one people and in Aramaic, that His exact words are correctly recorded in the NT (or anywhere else) and passed down unadulterated, without diminution or addition, to the present day. Then we can talk about objective truth and whether Christians have a m ...[text shortened]... it is the word of God. Every religion claims to be the word of God; that doesn't make it so.
    The Bible is a book of faith.

It speaks only to those who believe, or who would believe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree