1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 04:36
    @josephw said
    I think your spirituality forum behavior is more at issue than anyone's beliefs.

I think your behavior has reached the level of criminal.
    "Criminal"?

Is his behaviour "sinful", according to your beliefs?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 06:201 edit
    @josephw said
    I think your spirituality forum behavior is more at issue than anyone's beliefs.

I think your behavior has reached the level of criminal.
    You think my arguing with dishonest religionists like you is worse than your version of Jesus melting billions of people alive in lava?

You think I’m a “criminal” for doing this?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    09 Jun '22 06:24
    @suzianne said
    The Bible is a book of faith.

It speaks only to those who believe, or who would believe.
    Josephw is asserting that my arguing with him, in this forum that his version of god is a homicidal despot, is WORSE than him believing in the homicidal despot as his god. He further asserts I am “criminal”.

Straight answer from you then…. do you agree with him?
  4. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    10 Jun '22 06:16
    @kevin-eleven said
    Isn't it interesting that in general the linguistic abilities of human females develop earlier and further than those of human males, but the males often trot out their verbiage as if it were some kind of plumage?
    Methinks thou doth hyperbolize, no?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '22 07:12
    @divegeester said
    Josephw is asserting that my arguing with him, in this forum that his version of god is a homicidal despot, is WORSE than him believing in the homicidal despot as his god. He further asserts I am “criminal”.

Straight answer from you then…. do you agree with him?
    Suzianne?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 10:30
    @josephw said
    Why would you think I would think anyone should accept my personal version of the truth?

You're not listening to what I said.

I said, "Jesus said". Jesus said it. Yeah, I believe what Jesus said.

How in the hell is it my "version" of the truth? Jesus said it. That's why it's the truth. Get it?

Or is it some kind of a joke that you should use the same argument as an unbeliever? Wake up divegeester!
    The problem is when man tries to convince others of his own personal interpretation of that truth. I think it's okay to argue others' interpretation, just as one should be prepared to defend their interpretation. Most discussion here fails when people try to establish their interpretation of the truth as being the actual truth. Both sides here do this with regularity.

I'm with you that the truth is the truth, but whose interpretation of that truth is 'more true'?
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 10:31
    @suzianne said
    Both sides here do this with regularity.
    You do it all the time on every aspect of your personal belief structure.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 10:35
    @divegeester said
    Suzianne?
    You do realize that I'm not your dog and am not contractually obligated to answer you, yes? If you have an intellegible question, try asking it like a human would to another human.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 10:351 edit
    @divegeester said
    You do it all the time on every aspect of your personal belief structure.
    Stop lying, Mr. Hyperbole. I'm trying to argue your point without all your usual hyperbole. If all you want to do is tongue-lash him to death, have at it. But leave ME alone while you do it, hypocrite.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 10:441 edit
    @suzianne said
    Stop lying, Mr. Hyperbole. I'm trying to argue your point without all your usual hyperbole. If all you want to do is tongue-lash him to death, have at it. But leave ME alone while you do it, hypocrite.
    If you chose to comment on the behaviour of others here then it seems only fair that that others are entitled to comment on your behaviour.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '22 10:562 edits
    @suzianne said
    You do realize that I'm not your dog and am not contractually obligated to answer you, yes? If you have an intellegible question, try asking it like a human would to another human.
    Of course, feel free to comment or not comment as you see fit.

However if you want to direct your comment at me then don’t feel surprised if I want to reply and hold you accountable for what you have said.

I don’t think this is unreasonable, nor is it inferring you are my “dog” (and animal by the way, which cannot speak, so not a good analogy), nor is there a “contract” which you should feel obligated to adhere to, and I did ask my question in a way which was intelligible to humans.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree