The love of God

The love of God

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

E

Moves
19 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
But according to what you have said, Jesus has clearly changed his mind about what the appropriate punishment is for homosexuality and being a rebellious child.
Clearly you are wrong in your clear conclusion.

F

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @eladar
Clearly you are wrong in your clear conclusion.
It's based on what you said. You claim Jesus thought the appropriate punishment is for homosexuality and being a rebellious child is death and ordered it so, and now he no longer thinks the appropriate punishment is for homosexuality and being a rebellious child is death and no longer orders it so. He has, according to your own posts, clearly changed his mind about this matter.

E

Moves
19 Jul 17

It's based on what you said. You claim Jesus thought the appropriate punishment is for homosexuality and being a rebellious child is death and ordered it so, and now he no longer thinks the appropriate punishment is for homosexuality and being a rebellious child is death and no longer orders it so. He has, according to your own posts, clearly changed his mind about this matter.
It is based on what I said, but also basef on faulty assumptios or faulty logic.

I will not even try to vlear up questions based on your assumptions.

F

Moves
19 Jul 17
1 edit

FMF: So you believe Jesus changed his mind about what constituted the morally sound punishment for "rebellious children"?

No
Here is your answer of "no". There is no 'faulty logic' in me reading the word "no" and understanding your answer to be "no".

E

Moves
19 Jul 17

Here is your answer of "no". There is no 'faulty logic' in me reading the word "no" and understanding your answer to be "no".
Exactly, I said no.

F

Moves
19 Jul 17

Exactly, I said no.
It was the morally sound punishment and then it was not the morally sound punishment. Assuming this it is based on the dictates of a supernatural being, as you would have me believe, that's a change of mind. There used to be a death penalty in the UK for various offences, and this was thought by most to be morally sound; nowadays there is no death penalty as it is thought to be morally unsound. That was a change of mind on the part of the government (and society) too.

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
When you say "we" who are you referring to?
Humans, who else could I possibly be referring to?

Moves
19 Jul 17

If God's love is what most would call love why did He instruct the Israelites to wipe out helpless babies?
I am guessing it was to preserve His chosen nation which was to produce the messiah. If the evil nations surrounding the children of Israel were not totally wiped out they may have wiped out the children of Israel and there would be no messiah. So I think God had to take drastic measures to preserve the messiah.

E

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
I am guessing it was to preserve His chosen nation which was to produce the messiah. If the evil nations surrounding the children of Israel were not totally wiped out they may have wiped out the children of Israel and there would be no messiah. So I think God had to take drastic measures to preserve the messiah.
You gotta admit, it was loving from most people's point of view.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
19 Jul 17
1 edit

It's odd how Suzianne seems to almost always choose to 'play the man' rather than 'the ball' that the discussion is about.
You should feel justified in that I consider your behavior in this forum to be far more of an issue than the ridiculous and trivial "questions" you continually pose to try to "trap" Christians. The "discussion" is rarely that. it's usually a thin disguise to cover or deflect from your character attacks.

Would you actually call your "he said, she said" back-and-forth with Eladar to be a real discussion? Please.

F

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
Would you actually call your "he said, she said" back-and-forth with Eladar to be a real discussion? Please.
Well, if you don't like my contributions to debates on this forum, so be it. I will ask you a similar question. Do you think calling Eladar a "bigot" over and over again - and constantly denouncing him - while scarcely ever addressing anything he says to be a real discussion?

ENGLAND

Moves
19 Jul 17

Doesn't really fit with what most call love.

Why did Jesus order homosexuals and rebellious children to be executed?
Maybe it was the same reason you want the entire nation of Iran "wiped from the earth"?

ENGLAND

Moves
19 Jul 17

Doesn't really fit with what most call love.

Why did Jesus order homosexuals and rebellious children to be executed?
He didn't.

Why are you?

ENGLAND

Moves
19 Jul 17

Originally posted by @suzianne
Take it easy, Sigmund. He means the generic "we". As in "humans". Obviously.
I don't associate myself with generic humans (whatever that is), not do I associate myself with the generic Christian poster in this forum. S I'm asking Fetchmyjunk who he is refereeing to. It seems to me that he is using "we" as a sort of lazy rhetorical wheel-spin™ device.

F

Moves
19 Jul 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @divegeester
It seems to me that he is using "we" as a sort of lazy rhetorical wheel-spin™ device.
rhetorical wheelspin™

I will allow free use of the term - which, as you know, I minted - under the principles of Fair Use.

I also claim Originator Status for the "rhetorical wheel-spin™" spelling variant even though it is you who used it first.