The Jesus Question

The Jesus Question

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
Thanks for sharing what the church allows you to see ... lol 😀
There you go, hating on the church again (sigh)

E

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
Very flimsy evidence.

Jesus could have corrected Peter and put this matter to rest, but He didn't.
As I said. Your response just goes to reveal what is in your heart.

Moves
02 Jun 18

"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

Mark 10:18

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
"Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good--except God alone.

Mark 10:18
What do you think this verse means.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
There’s a lot more to that verse than a superficial reading and shallow understanding of it reveals.

Moves
02 Jun 18

Exactly what it says on the tin. Jesus distinguishes between himself and God (only the later being good). What do you think this verse means?

'The Father is greater than I.'

John 14:28

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jun 18

Exactly what it says on the tin. Jesus distinguishes between himself and God (only the later being good). What do you think this verse means?

It’s amazing the atheists refuse to accept that Jesus Christ, while in human flesh, did not have the same status as He did prior to that.

“But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”

(Hebrews 2:9)

T

Moves
02 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
Jesus was *the* Son of God, not *a* son of God.

To think that Jesus was only equal to every Christian past and present because He and they are “sons of God” is a rejection of the Bible.
Like usual, you show that you understand nothing of the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

The fact remains that Jesus calls His followers to become sons of God as He was a son of God:

Luke 6
35“But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High; for He Himself is kind to ungrateful and evil men.

Who said that Jesus that "Jesus was only equal to every Christian past and present"? Like usual you just make things up.

Evidently you presume that "every Christian past and present " is a son of God. With your standard of who is and who is not a "Christian", it's likely that the vast majority of "Christians" fall well short of being a "son":

John 8
34 Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin.
31 So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
35 “The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.

Moves
02 Jun 18
1 edit

Let us not forget the OT tells us not to put our trust in the son of man:

'Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. (Psalms 146).

From this we can surmise:

Jesus is the son of man,
The OT tells us not to put trust in him,
In other words, we cannot put our trust in Jesus as we can with God,
Jesus is not God.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
02 Jun 18

Or is Jesus posing a question--as he often did--which, if pondered on a deeper level, means something else entirely.

"Why do you call me good, when only God is good?" Or, phrased differently, "Do you realize that by calling me good, you are calling me God?"

Moves
02 Jun 18

Or is Jesus posing a question--as he often did--which, if pondered on a deeper level, means something else entirely.

"Why do you call me good, when only God is good?" Or, phrased differently, "Do you realize that by calling me good, you are calling me God?"
Did they also forget to print the question mark on, " 'The Father is greater than I.'

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
02 Jun 18

Did they also forget to print the question mark on, " 'The Father is greater than I.'
"Also forget." They didn't "forget" to print the question mark on the original question. It's there.

Jesus said "I and the Father are one."

"The Father is greater" doesn't mean God is good but Jesus is not good. Jesus in the flesh, served the will of the Father. But that doesn't mean the Son and the Father are not the same in essence.

T

Moves
02 Jun 18
3 edits

"Also forget." They didn't "forget" to print the question mark on the original question. It's there.

"The Father is greater" doesn't mean God is good but Jesus is not good. Jesus in the flesh, served the will of the Father. But that doesn't mean the Son and the Father are not the same in essence.

Jesus calls for His followers to become "one" with God as He is "one" with God and utilizes metaphor to depict it. For example: 

John 14 
20“In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 

John 15 
4“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me. 5“I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing. 6“If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned. 

John 17 
20 "I do not ask on behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; 21 that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; 23 I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me." 

The point is that Jesus makes a clear distinction between Him and God:

John 14
. 28“You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
02 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]Jesus said "I and the Father are one."

Jesus calls for His followers to become "one" with God as He is "one" with God and utilizes metaphor to depict it. For example: 

John 14 
20“In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 

John 15 
4“Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itsel ...[text shortened]... loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.[/b]
Correct ... a crystal clear distinction is made

Verily I say unto you, that this generation shall not pass, till all these things be done. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father. (Mark 13:30-32 KJV)

Only churches who are far from Christ cannot see it. God reveals the true nature of Christ to certain people. Some Christians have rejected the doctrine of Christ [referring to the commandments as Pharisaical and law keeping] so I guess they dont qualify.

c

Moves
02 Jun 18

While this sounds reasonable, it doesn't explain why Jesus appears to be playing a hide and seek game with His true identity, all throughout the New Testament.

Just say it!
If you're God, then say it!

Then, when we have all of the information, we can utilize our free will to decide.

But at least tell us clearly.