The Jesus Question

The Jesus Question

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
Your fault. You reminded me 😵
Sure. Blame the victim.

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
No I mean someone like you.

What's perplexing is that other Christians don't rein you in. Your antics present Christians and Christianity in a bad light.
A genuine Romans (12:2)

'And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.'

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
Who are any of us before we are born?
Before conception we were nonexistent.

Let's say we look back at your OP. You opened with this;

"In Matthew 16:15, Jesus asks His disciples "But who do YOU say I am?"

How would you answer this question? And does your answer determine whether or not you are a Christian?"

Look at verses 16 and 17.

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.
And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

Peter didn't answer correctly because he discerned who Jesus was by natural means. Peter understood who Jesus was by revelation from God.

If and when you know who Jesus is it will be a spiritual awakening, and it will be according to the truth of God's Word.

Stop listening to all the voices. Turn to the Word of God. Read and believe.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
A genuine Romans (12:2)

'And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect.'
Two really good companion verses to augment that verse are found in Ephesians 5:26, "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,"

And John 17:17, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @secondson
Before conception we were nonexistent
This is not biblically correct.

“He chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ”
(Ephesians 1:4-5)

“Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.”
Psalm 129:16

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you”
Jeremiah 1:5

“But when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace”
Galatians 1:15

ENGLAND

Moves
03 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @chaney3
While this sounds reasonable, it doesn't explain why Jesus appears to be playing a hide and seek game with His true identity, all throughout the New Testament.
Just say it!
If you're God, then say it!
Then, when we have all of the information, we can utilize our free will to decide.
But at least tell us clearly.
Here is a scripture for me and for you:

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope”
Jeremiah 29:11

T

Moves
03 Jun 18
2 edits

Two really good companion verses to augment that verse are found in Ephesians 5:26, "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,"

Just prior to this in John 17:14 Jesus says, " I have given them Your word.."

Note that Jesus is speaking in the past tense. The word that He has given them is the gospel He preached during His ministry. This is the word that is truth. It is not the word of others.

Christianity does not have the gospel Jesus preached during His ministry as its foundation. Instead its foundation is in the word of others.

I advocate for the gospel Jesus preached during His ministry. The word that is truth.

SecondSon advocates for the gospel preached by others.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 18
1 edit

Before conception we were nonexistent.

Let's say we look back at your OP. You opened with this;

"In Matthew 16:15, Jesus asks His disciples "But who do YOU say I am?"

How would you answer this question? And does your answer determine whether or not you are a Christian?"

Look at verses 16 and 17.

And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art ...[text shortened]... h of God's Word.

Stop listening to all the voices. Turn to the Word of God. Read and believe.
This is exactly why I will continue to maintain that you Christians are crooked and deceitful. You, without any fear of God in you, without shame, and without integrity, ADD to what the Bible says, so that you can promote your church doctrine.

You say ..Peter didn't answer correctly That is a lie.

Nowhere did Jesus say that. In fact Jesus said that Peter is BLESSED because GOD REVEALED THE TRUTH TO HIM THAT JESUS CHRIST IS THE SON OF GOD.

How do you people lie and deceive so flippantly and without it bothering you ? Where is your conscience?

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
This is not biblically correct.

“He chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ”
(Ephesians 1:4-5)

“Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when a ...[text shortened]... when he who had set me apart before I was born, and who called me by his grace”
Galatians 1:15
Sorry, but those verses do not form a basis for the doctrine of our pre-birth existence.

What's worse is, and this is the cause of the error, you took those verses out of their context and ascribed an application to a unbiblical idea.

There is no biblical support for the notion that any part of a man existed prior to conception. None whatsoever.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
This is exactly why I will continue to maintain that you Christians are crooked and deceitful. You, without any fear of God in you, without shame, and without integrity, ADD to what the Bible says, so that you can promote your church doctrine.

You say [b]..Peter didn't answer correctly
That is a lie.

Nowhere did Jesus say that. In fact Jesus ...[text shortened]... ou people lie and deceive so flippantly and without it bothering you ? Where is your conscience?[/b]
Read and quote the entire sentence fool.

I said, "Peter didn't answer correctly because he discerned who Jesus was by natural means. Peter understood who Jesus was by revelation from God."

Your post above is the evidence that you're an idiot.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 18

Sorry, but those verses do not form a basis for the doctrine of our pre-birth existence.

What's worse is, and this is the cause of the error, you took those verses out of their context and ascribed an application to a unbiblical idea.

There is no biblical support for the notion that any part of a man existed prior to conception. None whatsoever.
I would say that the disciples disagreed with you .. AGAIN.

And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things. But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them. Then the disciples understood that he spake unto them of John the Baptist.
(Matthew 17:11-13 KJV)

The disciples believed that John the Baptist was Elias who came and was reborn in the form of John the Baptist. The idea of reincarnation is a biblical concept.

Do you know more than the disciples of Christ?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 18

Read and quote the entire sentence fool.

I said, "Peter didn't answer correctly because he discerned who Jesus was by natural means. Peter understood who Jesus was by revelation from God."

Your post above is the evidence that you're an idiot.
FOOL ... Peter did answer correctly

You cannot start with a wrong phrase and give an explanation and think that is enough to justify it? You are a fool.

PETER DID ANSWER CORRECTLY.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]And John 17:17, "Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth."

Just prior to this in John 17:14 Jesus says, " I have given them Your word.."

Note that Jesus is speaking in the past tense. The word that He has given them is the gospel He preached during His ministry. This is the word that is truth. It is not the word of others.

Chri ...[text shortened]... His ministry. The word that is truth.

SecondSon advocates for the gospel preached by others.[/b]
The only thing you advocate for is the doctrine of devils.

Galatians 1:8,9
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galatians 1:11,12
But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.
For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Paul preached the same gospel as Jesus, which is the gospel of Jesus Christ.

You've got it all twisted up on account of the fact that you don't know who the real Jesus Christ is. That's the bottom line. You don't know Jesus.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
03 Jun 18

The only thing you advocate for is the doctrine of devils.

Galatians 1:8,9
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

Galat ...[text shortened]... that you don't know who the real Jesus Christ is. That's the bottom line. You don't know Jesus.
People like you preach the doctrine of devils.

Jesus said many many times that eternal life will come to you if you follow the commandments and you preach the doctrine of Satan which advises people not to follow the commandments of Christ.

.. if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. (Matthew 19:17 KJV)

You do not know Christ and Christ does not know you. Christ knows those who follow Him

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. (1 John 2:3-5 KJV)

Go read your Bible church pastor, and start preaching the truth for a change ..lol 😀

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
03 Jun 18

Originally posted by @rajk999
FOOL ... [b] Peter did answer correctly

You cannot start with a wrong phrase and give an explanation and think that is enough to justify it? You are a fool.

PETER DID ANSWER CORRECTLY.[/b]
I didn't say Peter didn't answer correctly.

You just can't read. You can't comprehend simple English.

You twisted it up and now you're going to work yourself up into a frenzy and foaming at the mouth trying to back your way out of it.