The inverted cross

The inverted cross

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
24 Sep 16
2 edits

I was reading an article today that had a picture of Hillary's daughter, Chelsea Clinton, wearing an inverted cross.

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2016/03/why-is-chelsea-clinton-wearing-an-inverted-christian-cross-3112401.html

What exactly does it mean? Upon study, it appears within the Catholic church it has the meaning of Peter who was martyred upside down. However, it is also used as an anti-Christian symbol and used to denote the opposite of everything Christian.

What has your experience been with they symbol if any?

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
24 Sep 16

Originally posted by whodey
I was reading an article today that had a picture of Hillary's daughter, Chelsea Clinton, wearing an inverted cross.

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2016/03/why-is-chelsea-clinton-wearing-an-inverted-christian-cross-3112401.html

What exactly does it mean? Upon study, it appears within the Catholic church it has the meaning of Peter who ...[text shortened]... the opposite of everything Christian.

Horror films mostly. I doubt that real Satanists have inverted crosses as they'd by and large be aware of the real meaning only the imaginary ones in films. I've not heard of it as a secular Anti-Christian symbol. On a chain I'd assume it was the Cross of St. Peter.

Cape Town

Moves
24 Sep 16
1 edit

What exactly does it mean?
It means your choice of news sources might be part of the reason why you have become such a messed up human being.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
24 Sep 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
It means your choice of news sources might be part of the reason why you have become such a messed up human being.
Satire website.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
24 Sep 16

What exactly does it mean? Upon study, it appears within the Catholic church it has the meaning of Peter who ...[text shortened]... the opposite of everything Christian.

Could you at least put it all out on the table for us?

We all know that you think Chelsea must be the "spawn of the devil incarnate" or some such crap.

F

Moves
25 Sep 16

There should be a special forum where posters like whodey and Suzianne can talk to each other. 😛

w

Moves
25 Sep 16

Originally posted by DeepThought
Horror films mostly. I doubt that real Satanists have inverted crosses as they'd by and large be aware of the real meaning only the imaginary ones in films. I've not heard of it as a secular Anti-Christian symbol. On a chain I'd assume it was the Cross of St. Peter.
So you think that the Satanist inverted cross thing was manufactured by Hollywood?

w

Moves
25 Sep 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Could you at least put it all out on the table for us?

We all know that you think Chelsea must be the "spawn of the devil incarnate" or some such crap.
Now that is a little harsh.....just a little. 😛

Cape Town

Moves
25 Sep 16

Originally posted by RBHILL
Satire website.
I rather suspect you don't know what satire is.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
25 Sep 16

Originally posted by FMF
There should be a special forum where posters like whodey and Suzianne can talk to each other. 😛
Spit it out, Bubba.

"posters like whodey and Suzianne"

Who else exactly do you think belongs in this group sprung from your rather fetid imagination? Let's have names. Let's explore the depths of your disgust, shall we? Let's hear your list of deplorables who got on that list merely for disagreeing with you. Aren't they the same ones you call "unprincipled"?

w

Moves
25 Sep 16

Spit it out, Bubba.

Who else exactly do you think belongs in this group sprung from your rather fetid imagination? Let's have names. Let's explore the depths of your disgust, shall we? Let's hear your list of deplorables who got on that list merely for disagreeing with you. Aren't they the same ones you call "unprincipled"?
Obviously, I'm "deplorable".

Perhaps you escaped the label being left winged and all.

F

Moves
25 Sep 16

Spit it out, Bubba.

Who else exactly do you think belongs in this group sprung from your rather fetid imagination?
You're both a couple of headless chickens. 😛

F

Moves
25 Sep 16
1 edit

Let's explore the depths of your disgust, shall we?
I'm not disgusted. I just think you're a couple of headless chickens, like I said.

F

Moves
25 Sep 16

Let's hear your list of deplorables who got on that list merely for disagreeing with you.
It's not about disagreements or either of you being deplorable, it's just the headless chicken thing, that's all.

F

Moves
25 Sep 16

Aren't they the same ones you call "unprincipled"?
Who is the "they" you are referring to?