1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 09:25
    @sonship said
    Christ and the church.
    The Body of Christ as a reality we can enter into.

The kingdom of the heavens.
    The experience of the indwelling living King - the Son of God.

The normal New Testament local church life.
    This is a new culture. And sometimes it calls for new kinds of expressions in human language to describe these new experiences.
    Why does this new culture (another made up extra-biblical term) require a new language, new phrases?

I think you’re just making all this up to justify your copying and pasting stuff from your cult in here.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 09:38
    @sonship said
    This OP is the other side of the New Testament revelation of the deification of man. That is the Humanfication of God. Probably I made up the word "humanfication". I doubt you'll find it in any English dictionary. And I keep getting a spell check underline on it.
    Do you perhaps mean the anthropomorphization of God?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 09:54
    @fmf said
    Do you perhaps mean the anthropomorphization of God?
    👍🏼
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 10:54
    @sonship said
    Humanfication of God is what we might call incarnation of God.
    Unadulterated gibberish.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 10:56
    @maxtheminnow said
    I think what Sonship says is true nevertheles (even if the term humanfication is 'fabricated'😉, ... God did indeed become man so that man could became (like) God in his life and nature (but obviously not in the Godhead).

John 10:10 says that He came that 'we would have eternal life, and have it abundantly'. This eternal life is the' Zoe' (Gk) life. God is Spirit (John ...[text shortened]... e Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the church I will sing hymns of praise to You.”

Amen!
    Do you agree with his premise that man will become the organism of the triune God, that man will be deified?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 10:58
    Now if anyone really doesn't like my invented term (for which I take the full blame) "humanfication" you have to consider the Gospels.

When we read about what this man Jesus lived, did, said, went through, spoke, performed, demonstrated . . . what is seen ? ?

God in a man pure and simple.
    We see God become a man - God's incarnation . . . ie. "humanfication".

We do not just see theory. We someone on earth who expressed God as a man.
    And we are commanded to believe and not be unbelieving.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 11:09
    @sonship said
    Now if anyone really doesn't like my invented term (for which I take the full blame) "humanfication" you have to consider the Gospels.

When we read about what this man Jesus lived, did, said, went through, spoke, performed, demonstrated . . . what is seen ? ?

God in a man pure and simple.
    We see God become a man - God's incarnation . . . ie. "humanfication". ...[text shortened]... e on earth who expressed God as a man.
    And we are commanded to believe and not be unbelieving.
    Hush, I was asking Maxtheminnow.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 11:47
    @Maxtheminnow

Excuse me. This is the first time I noticed this good post.
    (Probably suspicious ones will think I am lying)
    This is really good.

I think what Sonship says is true nevertheles (even if the term humanfication is 'fabricated'😉, ... God did indeed become man so that man could became (like) God in his life and nature (but obviously not in the Godhead).

Well said indeed.

John 10:10 says that He came that 'we would have eternal life, and have it abundantly'. This eternal life is the' Zoe' (Gk) life. God is Spirit (John 4:24) and Christ, who is now the 'life-giving Spirit in resurrection (1 Cor 15:45) now dwells in our human spirit ... hence we have 'His (Zoe) life'.

Amen!
    You better tell the skeptics here that you came to the Forum totally of your own accord.

Christians are not 'adopted' brothers of Christ ... Christ was the firstborn among many brothers (Rom 8:29). Adopted children don't have anything of their parents life, whereas we have the same 'life and nature' .... full brothers ...

Ah. I can now rest and enjoy some good reading from someone else here!

Heb 2:12 “I will declare Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the church I will sing hymns of praise to You.”

Hallalujah!

Amen!

Amen.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 12:36
    @sonship said
    Christ and the church.
    The Body of Christ as a reality we can enter into.

The kingdom of the heavens.
    The experience of the indwelling living King - the Son of God.

The normal New Testament local church life.
    This is a new culture. And sometimes it calls for new kinds of expressions in human language to describe these new experiences.
    Why does this new culture (another made up extra-biblical term) require a new language, new phrases?
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 13:19
    @divegeester said
    Culture or cult?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 13:54
    Matheminnow, what would you say ?
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 14:401 edit
    @sonship said
    Well, he has already stated, "God did indeed become man so that man could become (like) God in his life and nature (but obviously not in the Godhead). "

So, already we have 'like' God, not 'become' God, and 'obviously not' in the Godhead. (So, that's your 4 in 1 God and deification of man out the window).

Other than that, he thinks you're right...
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 14:43
    @maxtheminnow said

John 10:10 says that He came that 'we would have eternal life, and have it abundantly'. This eternal life is the' Zoe' (Gk) life. God is Spirit (John ...[text shortened]... e Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the church I will sing hymns of praise to You.”

Amen!
    I think you are guilty here of agreeing with him without actually taking on board what he is saying. (See post above) Many Christians before you have done that. See things that are sort of familiar and missing what he is actually claiming.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 01:15
    @sonship said
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 08:131 edit
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Well, he has already stated, "God did indeed become man so that man could become (like) God in his life and nature (but obviously not in the Godhead). "

I know what he wrote and agree wholeheartedly. There is ground for all of Maximinnow's assertions.

". . . we shall be like Him . . . " (1 John 3:2c)
    ". . . you might become partakers of the divine nature . . ." (2 Pet. 1:4)
    " He who has the Son has the life . . . " ( 1 John 5:12)

So he is right on.

So, already we have 'like' God, not 'become' God, and 'obviously not' in the Godhead.

He's right on. There is nothing wrong with that.

"We know that if He is manifested, we will be like Him because we will see Him even as He is." (1 John 3:2)

"Be imitators of God as beloved children;" (Eph. 5:1)

Both verses are about the saved being like God.
    And that God has His incommunicable Godhead is also evident.

"One God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (Eph. 4:6)

This is obviously a Bible reading and believing man I would say.

(So, that's your 4 in 1 God and deification of man out the window).

I didn't see that at all. I see
    like God,
    have God's life,
    partake of His nature,
    Under God's unique Godhead.

Now you may be eager to see two Christians speak so as to think they are divided. I realize that may be a comfort to your atheism. But Maximinnow has accomplished quite much in his short post.

1.) The saved become like God.
    2.) The saved partake of God's life.
    3.) The saved partake of God's nature.
    4.) Obviously there is only ONE Father as the Godhead.

Other than that, he thinks you're right.

I think of his short post to be in agreement with the Bible.
    That is what is most important.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree