1. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 08:201 edit
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Well, he has already stated, "God did indeed become man so that man could become (like) God in his life and nature (but obviously not in the Godhead). "

I know what he wrote and agree wholeheartedly. There is ground for all of Maximinnow's assertions.

". . . we shall be like Him . . . " (1 John 3:2c)
    ". . . you might ...[text shortened]... nk of his short post to be in agreement with the [b] Bible.
    That is what is most important.
    Lee has man 'become' God by muscling his way into the organism of a four-in-one deity. He has also said that Christianity is an organization of Satan.

Any Christian who accepts that has strayed from scripture. (Big time).
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 08:26
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

This matter of "muscle" was already addressed.
    God's grace is not man's "muscle".

Having children is not children "muscling" their way to be conceived and begotten of their parent.

The book was about the "Divine DISPENSING".
    That is mainly a matter of God the Source imparting, flowing out, transmitting TO those being DISPENSED into.

Your twisted half cocked Bible ignorance reads into it "muscling" of the saved.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 08:28
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Any human being who adopts your atheism has strayed away from reality (HUGE time).
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 08:28
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

This matter of "muscle" was already addressed.
    God's grace is not man's "muscle".

Having children is not children "muscling" their way to be conceived and begotten of their parent.

The book was about the "Divine DISPENSING".
    That is mainly a matter of God the Source imparting, flowing out, transmitting TO those being DISPENSED into.

Your twisted half cocked Bible ignorance reads into it "muscling" of the saved.
    You abandoned a true reading of the Bible long ago in a galaxy far far away. (Possibly Boston).
  5. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 08:29
    @sonship said
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

Any human being who adopts your atheism has strayed away from reality (HUGE time).
    Atheism isn't a threat to a genuine Christian strong in their faith. The real threat is a wolf in sheep's clothing, a false preacher.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 12:205 edits
    Readers, inspired by Brother Lee's expounding of John 15 on Christ as the true vine this song arose. We really enjoyed it now for years. I do not know when it was written.

And, no, I am not saying we in the local churches are the ONLY Christians ever to sing about abiding in Christ the true. Thank God for that.

https://www.hymnal.net/en/hymn/h/1162

Copied without permission from hymnal.net

We’ve found the secret of living,
    We’ve seen the vision divine:
    We are of God in Christ Jesus,
    We’re abiding, abiding in the vine.

(ch) Abiding in the vine,
    Abiding in the vine,
    All the riches of God’s life are mine!
    Praise God, He put us here,
    Never to leave; oh, we’re—
    Abiding, abiding in the vine.
    No more in vain need we struggle,
    Trying the way in to find.
    Praise God—we’re in Him already,
    Hallelujah, abiding in the vine.
    In us, the ointment is moving,
    ’Tis the anointing divine;
    God’s precious essence bestowing,
    While abiding, abiding in the vine.
    Now in the life-flow we’re living,
    O how the light in us shines!
    Both God and man are at home now
    By the mutual abiding in the vine.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 13:103 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke
    You abandoned a true reading of the Bible long ago in a galaxy far far away. (Possibly Boston).

You are flat out calling me a liar.
    So be it. Do not believe that in 1974 at a conference in Boston I heard Bill Mallon who was a co-worker of Brother Lee, speak faithfully about the organism of the Triune God.

Make yourself a suspicious skeptic as if you know something is being put over on you.
    Go ahead. Some fools may think you are wise simply because you take a
    suspicious skeptical attitude.

I still am not able to figure out exactly what you think I would be advantaged by by fabricating such a testimony. Deceiving people about when I first heard "organism of the Triune God" is suppose to accomplish EXACTLY WHAT, I do not know.

Making up a false date and false location and a false report about this is suppose to accomplish for me exactly ____________________________________ ? ? ?

I have ZERO idea as to WHY you would think falsely inventing such a date and experience would be advantageous to me.

Witness Lee spoke for years before many of his messages were turned out in print. When I came to the local churches the only available books in English by Brother Lee, as I recall were:

The Economy of God
    The All-inclusive Christ
    The Vision of God's Building
    The Practical Expression of the Church
    The Experience of Life

Those are the main books in English that I remember being available.
    The case today is that hundreds of his messages have been put to print.
    And they are STILL gathering messages of Lee's to put into book form.

There were a few small booklets. But he had been ministering on John 15 for a long time before I came into contact with this ministry. I don't know why you find it unlikely that I first heard one of his colleagues talk about "the organism of the Triune God" in 1974.
  8. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 13:14
    @sonship said

You are flat out calling me a liar.
    So be it. Do not believe that in 1974 at a conference in Boston I heard Bill Mallon who was a co-worker of Brother Lee, speak faithfully about the organism of the Triune God.
    You had no knowledge of the 'organism of the triune God,' when I posted it. So much so that you wanted me to provide evidence it had come from Lee.

There is no getting away from that. I am disappointed by your dishonesty.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Apr '21 13:265 edits
    @Ghost-of-a-Duke

You can fabricate any kind of DISAPPOINTMENT you like.
    Please, knock yourself out.
    Have a good ole time being downcast, dejected, DISAPPOINTED, heart broken.

Roll along the floor and howl with all the DISAPPOINTMENT you can garner.

I told you that I was sloppy about noticing your entire OP. I was not deceptive.
    But that's OK. You go ahead and ride that little horse for the next two weeks, how
    you don't trust my telling you when I heard that term.

Major in the MINORS with all the strength you can muster.

The main point to me is that "organism of the Triune God" as an expression has validity when John 15 is considered as to how Jesus used the metaphor - the true vine, the abiding branches, the borne fruit.

THE Vine - THE branches - THE fruit constitute one organism.
    And if Witness Lee wanted to call our attention TO that, by the phrase "the organism of the Triune God Himself" I have no problem with that.

I think it is pretty good. It inspired many of us all over the world to want to ABIDE in Christ and be a part of this True Vine.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '21 13:224 edits
    In the Bible God gives Israel a "heads up" that He will attract man to Him with human attributes like, love, devotion, faithfulness, honesty, forgiveness.
    These are called, I believe, "cords of a man".

"I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love . . . " (Hosea 4:11)

This is something of the "Humanification" of God.

Then from the very beginning of human creation, God came to Adam and Eve as they were, a human walking in the cool of the day in the garden. But by this time they had sinned and coward away from His presence.

"And they heard the sound of Jehovah God walking about in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden." (Gen. 3:8)
  11. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    09 Apr '21 14:16
    @sonship said
    In the Bible God gives Israel a "heads up" that He will attract man to Him with human attributes like, love, devotion, faithfulness, honesty, forgiveness.
    These are called, I believe, "cords of a man".

"I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of love . . . " (Hosea 4:11)

This is something of the "Humanification" of God.

Then from the very ...[text shortened]... wife hid themselves from the presence of Jehovah God among the trees of the garden." (Gen. 3:8) [/b]
    God drawing man to him like a father might a child, (rather than a man would with a heifer, with a cord) doesn't change the nature of God or make him more human.

No need to invent words like humanification. (sic).
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '21 14:271 edit
    The big picture - the big panoramic picture of the whole bible is this:

God became man so that man might become God in life and in nature but not in his Godhead.

You may drop the coined word "humanfication" which even I am prone to misspell. Incarnation is quite good enough.

But the big picture of the whole 66 books of the Bible is this:

God came to make a round trip journey. He came to be a man so that He may cause the man who He created to become filled, saturated, permeated, inundated with God yet retaining forever His unique Godhead.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    09 Apr '21 14:281 edit
    God became man so that man might might be the vessel, the container out from whom the invisible uncreated divine Person might shine forth to the universe for eternity.

This is why human beings exists. And this is why there is a universe.
    And this is why there is a Head of a new humanity, Jesus Christ our Savior and Lord. He became the source of this eternal kingdom.

"the last Adam [Christ] became a life giving Spirit" (1 Cor. 15:45)

Christ, the second man, the last Adam became the spiritual source of this new humanity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree