1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 07:45
    This OP is the other side of the New Testament revelation of the deification of man. That is the Humanfication of God. Probably I made up the word "humanfication". I doubt you'll find it in any English dictionary. And I keep getting a spell check underline on it.

So you can blame me for inventing a non-existing English word.

I didn't know whether to say "humanzation" or "humanfication".
    Probably the best word is incarnation.

At any rate God's eternal purpose has two sides - God became man so that man might become God but not in His Godhead.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 07:51
    Probably the better word would be incarnation. Anyway, God's eternal purpose has two angles.

"And the Word became flesh . . . " (John 1:14)

But who was this Word who became flesh? He was God in a very mysterious way. He was with God from eternity and yet God from eternity as well.
    Who can we blame for this paradox? We have to say the Apostle John who wrote the Gospel of John is responsible.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God, He was in the beginning with God. " (John 1:1,2)

John 1:1,2 and verse 14 amount to the incarnation of God as a man. Or the "humanfication" of God.
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 07:53
    @sonship said
    This OP is the other side of the New Testament revelation of the deification of man. That is the Humanfication of God. Probably I made up the word "humanfication". I doubt you'll find it in any English dictionary.
    Yep. We'll add it to:

"God-men"
    "Four-in-one" God.
    "organism of the Triune God"
    "Trinity"
    "The Humanfication of God"

(As an aside, in the NT there is NO revelation about the deification of man. That is just human arrogance and overreaching and is explicitly what God warned against with the folly of Babel).
  4. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 07:57
    @sonship said
    Probably I made up the word "humanfication".
    I think that is the issue here sonship. You are so accustomed to Witness Lee making up words that don't feature in scripture you are blindly following his lead.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 08:04
    So God became human in incarnation.
    And man was deified in resurrection.

The Word became flesh in "humanfication" or incarnation.
    And in resurrection, glorification, and exaltation man was deified.

This represents not a one way trip but a round trip.
    This is two wonderful sides of one eternal plan of God. And it is through the incarnation of God as man and the glorifying deification of man in resurrection as the Firstborn Son with many brothers we can understand the nature of the meaning of the universe and our place in it.

Jesus Christ is the key to understanding the meaning of the universe and humanities place in creation. God became man so that man might become God. Christ is God in His Godhead. But Christ makes His redeemed God only in God's communicable attributes, not in His non-communicable attributes.

In this way He as a man on the throne of all the universe today is "the Firstborn among many brothers" (Rom. 8:29) into which all those saved by Him will be conformed.

"Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestinated to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the Firstborn among many brothers;"
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 08:151 edit
    Where would we see the so-called humanfication of God in history?
    We see it in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Where would we see the so-called humanfication of incarnation of God in the Bible? If you have eyes to see, you may see it in many places. But for now I highlight John's Gospel.

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not one thing came into being which has come into being." (John 1:1-3)

But there is something more "And the Word became flesh and tabernacled among us ( and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only Begotten from the Father), full of grace and reality."

That is God among us objectively as becomming a man.
    But there is also this One becomming the SOURCE of a new life for man.

"In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it." (v.4,5)

This now is God become a man COMING INTO MAN subjectively as light and life.
    That is a light that the darkness of a fallen humankind cannot conquer. That is a life which death cannot conquer either.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 08:16
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yep. We'll add it to:

"God-men"
    "Four-in-one" God.
    "Trinity"

(As an aside, in the NT there is NO revelation about the deification of man. That is just human arrogance and overreaching and is explicitly what God warned against with the folly of Babel).
    A new culture often requires new expressions of language.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 08:19
    Truth should be "regurgitated." Truth should be repeated and published around the world.

And a new culture may call for new language expressions. It is a new culture.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 08:20
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Yep. We'll add it to:

"God-men"
    "Four-in-one" God.
    "Trinity"

The “fountain of blood”

“Jesus flowing through people”

The list is growing.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 08:22
    @sonship said
    Truth should be "regurgitated." Truth should be repeated and published around the world.

And a new culture may call for new language expressions. It is a new culture.
    Regurgitating stuff which you’ve heard other people speaking or read in their books is plagiarism.

Presenting it hear as your own thoughts is dishonest smallness
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    @divegeester said
    The “fountain of blood”

“Jesus flowing through people”

The list is growing.
    Its a new culture with new experiences had by those participating in it.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    @sonship said
    What “new culture” are you talking about?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 08:47
    @divegeester said
    What “new culture” are you talking about?
    Christ and the church.
    The Body of Christ as a reality we can enter into.

The kingdom of the heavens.
    The experience of the indwelling living King - the Son of God.

The normal New Testament local church life.
    This is a new culture. And sometimes it calls for new kinds of expressions in human language to describe these new experiences.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 08:531 edit
    Humanfication of God is what we might call incarnation of God.

"For a child is born to us . . ." That is Isaiah 9:6a. That is a human child is born for out benefit - "to us"

"A Son is given to us" What will this born child and this given Son be called?

"And the government is upon His shoulder;
    And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor,
    Mighty God,
    Eternal Father,
    Prince of Peace" (v.6)

This is surely the incarnation or humanfication of God as a man.
    How could a born child be THE Mighty God unless God becomes a man?
    How could the Eternal Father be a Son given unless God becomes a man?
  15. Standard memberMaxtheminnow
    Gone Fishing
    England
    Moves
    05 Apr '21 09:07
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    I think that is the issue here sonship. You are so accustomed to Witness Lee making up words that don't feature in scripture you are blindly following his lead.
    I think what Sonship says is true nevertheles (even if the term humanfication is 'fabricated'😉, ... God did indeed become man so that man could became (like) God in his life and nature (but obviously not in the Godhead).

John 10:10 says that He came that 'we would have eternal life, and have it abundantly'. This eternal life is the' Zoe' (Gk) life. God is Spirit (John 4:24) and Christ, who is now the 'life-giving Spirit in resurrection (1 Cor 15:45) now dwells in our human spirit ... hence we have 'His (Zoe) life'.

Christians are not 'adopted' brothers of Christ ... Christ was the firstborn among many brothers (Rom 8:29). Adopted children don't have anything of their parents life, whereas we have the same 'life and nature' .... full brothers ...

Heb 2:12   “I will declare Your name to My brothers; in the midst of the church I will sing hymns of praise to You.”

Amen!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree