The Gospel

The Gospel

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
So do you/Blake think that Eternity occurs here and now?
Pretty much.

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Pretty much.
Please excuse my ignorance on the matter, but do you have any Biblical reference for this belief?

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by dj2becker
Please excuse my ignorance on the matter, but do you have any Biblical reference for this belief?
Treat yourself: http://www.tentmaker.org/books/time/Time_1.html

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Pretty much.
So when does the day of Judgement occur, and for what reason would that be?

For what would the creation of a new Heaven and a new Earth be?

Been there...

... done that

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by bbarr
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/303/30337.html
... so that's how you do it? 😛 And they call it The Gospel, bb? Monkeys & typewriters & eternity

T

Mississauga, Ontario

Moves
15 Mar 06

So... If I got this straight:

God sacrificed his son/self to allow us to...

...save ourselves(?)...

...by believing that god sacrificed his son/self.

So why would god require a sacrifice of his son/self when all that is required of us is belief in him, and the good word?

I don't see why this whole process was necessary (or how it makes sense).

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by Tetsujin
So... If I got this straight:

God sacrificed his son/self to allow us to...

...save ourselves(?)...

...by believing that god sacrificed his son/self.

So [b]why
would god require a sacrifice of his son/self when all that is required of us is belief in him, and the good word?

I don't see why this whole process was necessary (or how it makes sense).[/b]
Was this directed at me?

The Tao Temple

Moves
15 Mar 06

The problem with a bible discussion is that none of us have actually read it!
The bible I have is English - revamped from an earlier English edition which was translated into English from Latin. That was produced by translating the Greek which was itself a translation of a Hebrew bible. Every translation introduces errors.

In old Hebrew "forty" and "many" were the same word so we've no idea how long Moses was in the desert or how many days Jesus was in the wilderness.

In old Greek "virgin" and "young woman" were the same word so the virgin birth was invented when some careless person translated it into Latin.

We've all laughed at the dodgy translations of instructions that come with Japanese goods. The bible is just as inaccurate - not worth slaughtering the "unbelievers" for is it?

H
I stink, ergo I am

On the rebound

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by Mixo
The problem with a bible discussion is that none of us have actually read it!
The bible I have is English - revamped from an earlier English edition which was translated into English from Latin. That was produced by translating the Greek which was itself a translation of a Hebrew bible. Every translation introduces errors.

In old Hebrew "forty" and "many" ...[text shortened]... he bible is just as inaccurate - not worth slaughtering the "unbelievers" for is it?
That's right; none of us really read the Illiad and the Odyssey when we peruse the English versions. Virgil, Cicero, Aristotle and Plato are really pointless to try and understand in English. So all the scholars studying the classics in their non-original languages are really just wasting their time?

T

Mississauga, Ontario

Moves
15 Mar 06

Originally posted by Halitose
Was this directed at me?
Anyone who can answer it in a mature way.

So... uh... no? 🙂

j/k

f
Bruno's Ghost

In a hot place

Moves
16 Mar 06
1 edit

That's right; none of us really read the Illiad and the Odyssey when we peruse the English versions. Virgil, Cicero, Aristotle and Plato are really pointless to try and understand in English. So all the scholars studying the classics in their non-original languages are really just wasting their time?
hey could you do me a favor and check out the writing at the bottom of this page :

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Launchpad/5226/index.html

See what happens if you try to copy and paste some of the Greek words here.

edit on closer look it's not Greek. lmao

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
16 Mar 06

Originally posted by LemonJello
Better slow than bigoted (I always say).
Believing that Jesus is the only ways is not bigoted. My Bible tells me that Jesus is the only way.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
16 Mar 06
1 edit

Originally posted by RBHILL
Believing that Jesus is the only ways is not bigoted. My Bible tells me that Jesus is the only way.
No, you just inferred Lemon was stupid, that's all.

BTW, my bible tells ME that the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER is the only way. So, you're wrong. Nah!

Hmmm . . .

Moves
16 Mar 06

For us non-scholars, reading the translations is the best we can do. Not a waste of time, certainly.

Someone who claimed to be a “classics” scholar, but couldn’t read the Greek, I would doubt. Same with Biblical scholars, or Koranic scholars, or Vedic scholars...

C.S. Lewis, for example, knew his Greek...

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
16 Mar 06

Originally posted by scottishinnz
No, you just inferred Lemon was stupid, that's all.

BTW, my bible tells ME that the FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER is the only way. So, you're wrong. Nah!
He stupid for rejecting Christ like the rest of you.