1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 07:14
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    Why should anybody care?
    Its contingent on a sentiment of reconciliation.
  2. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 07:18
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    To what is 'it' referring? And 'care' about what?
    The gospel and seperation from God - pay attention now. 😛
  3. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 07:311 edit
    Originally posted by DragonFriend
    Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
    All you must do is accept the Gift to spend eterniity in Heaven with God.
    Rom 10:9 Because if you confess the Lord Jesus, and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved.
    OK. Why doesn't Jesus say as much in the gospels? This thread is titled The Gospel yet you quote from the letter to the Romans.

About sin--I remember a quote, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Now if memory serves only Jesus is sinless. Does that give him the right to hurl rocks at me?
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 07:47
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Its contingent on a sentiment of reconciliation.
    And there I was thinking it's all about "a way out from Hell". For such a simple message it sure is confusing.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 08:28
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    OK. Why doesn't Jesus say as much in the gospels? This thread is titled The Gospel yet you quote from the letter to the Romans.

About sin--I remember a quote, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Now if memory serves only Jesus is sinless. Does that give him the right to hurl rocks at me?
    Matthew 9:13 - But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Matthew 26:28 - For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 4:12 - That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 08:35
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    Matthew 9:13 - But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Where's the Hell?

9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
    9:11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
    9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.
    9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 08:42

Matthew 26:28 - For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Mark 4:12 - That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, ...[text shortened]... t understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them.
    Deep symbolism...but what does "remission of sins" actually mean? I'm convinced that it means healing: achieving wholeness here and now.

26:26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. (26:26-28) "Eat; this is my body."
    26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
    26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 08:43
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Short version. The old free-will argument: man chooses separation from God by disobeying His moral law. By our own free will, we are therefore separated from God. In His love, God fulfilled his own atonement requirements, because no-one else qualified.
    But if you read the origional post it is clear that there is no free will were sin is concerned. He states quite clearly that we dont really have a choice about sinning, otherwise how else would he know that we are all sinners?
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 08:45
    Where's the Hell?

9:10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
    9:11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
    9:12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole ...[text shortened]... e mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
    Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 5:22 - But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 08:46
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    But if you read the origional post it is clear that there is no free will were sin is concerned. He states quite clearly that we dont really have a choice about sinning, otherwise how else would he know that we are all sinners?
    We do have the choice to confess our sins and repent from them.
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 09:00
    Matthew 10:28 - And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 5:22 - But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
    I know you gonna dig this...

http://bible-truths.com/lake5.html
  12. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 09:242 edits
    I know you gonna dig this... 😉

http://bible-truths.com/lake5.html

http://www.tektonics.org/qt/smithlr01.html😉
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 09:29

http://www.tektonics.org/qt/smithlr02.html
    That was my line, dj. Try to be original.

I don't see anything in that link about Hell...only a sustained diatribe against a particular person's way of thinking...Why do you want there to be a hell, dj? What's your way of telling when Jesus is using metaphors and when not?
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 09:33

I don't see anything in that link about Hell...only a sustained diatribe against a particular person's way of thinking...Why do you want there to be a hell, dj? What's your way of telling when Jesus is using metaphors and when not?
    Check the new (edited) link:

http://www.tektonics.org/qt/smithlr01.html

http://www.tektonics.org/af/annix.html
  15. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    15 Mar '06 09:41

Why do you want there to be a hell, dj? What's your way of telling when Jesus is using metaphors and when not?

I don't want a hell to be there. I just know deep down inside that there is a hell. I believe it is by revelation of the Holy Spirit.

A time came in my life where I knew that if I died in my present condition I would go straight to hell. I knew that I deserved it. It was at that point that I cried out to God to have mercy on me and to save me from my sin.

Since then I have no fear of hell. But I wish to warn those who have not repented from their sin, as I believe hell is a reality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree