The Gospel in the Stars

The Gospel in the Stars

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
Always looking for the easy way out.

You and dj2becker have been excellent teachers in this respect.

To the point, then...you acknowledge the correlation between the observed constellations, their progression in the sky, and portions of the stories told in the gospel. In your opinion, the stars were placed just so by the god described in the Christian bible as to fortell the story of Jesus. Is that about the size of it?

l

London

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by David C
[b]Always looking for the easy way out.

To the point, then...you acknowledge the correlation between the observed constellations, their progression in the sky, and portions of the stories told in the gospel. In your opinion, the sta ...[text shortened]... described in the Christian bible as to fortell the story of Jesus. Is that about the size of it?[/b]
???

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
???
Sorry, LH. Should have posted a link.

Thread 56101

Somwhere on the third or fourth page of the Never Mock God thread

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
16 Nov 06

[b]Always looking for the easy way out.

To the point, then...you acknowledge the correlation between the observed constellations, their progression in the sky, and portions of the stories told in the gospel. In your opinion, the sta ...[text shortened]... described in the Christian bible as to fortell the story of Jesus. Is that about the size of it?[/b]
That's just about the size of it.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
16 Nov 06

...and this strikes you as a more reasonable (I know how you hate that word) conclusion to the premise than the idea that ancient astronomers communicated this information in the form of gnosticism, mysteries and folklore? And that this knowledge finally collated into the gripping, accessible, semi-coherent...but ultimately fictional...drama that is the Christian Gospel?

l

London

Moves
16 Nov 06
1 edit

...and this strikes you as a more reasonable (I know how you hate that word) conclusion to the premise than the idea that ancient astronomers communicated this information in the form of gnosticism, mysteries and folklore? And that this knowledge finally collated into the gripping, accessible, semi-coherent...but ultimately fictional...drama that is the Christian Gospel?
Yes. Too many conspiracy theories needed for your alternative.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
16 Nov 06

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Yes. Too many conspiracy theories needed for your alternative.
Since your alternative is the biggest conspiracy theory of all, I respectfully disagree.

l

London

Moves
16 Nov 06

Since your alternative is the biggest conspiracy theory of all, I respectfully disagree.
You're free to disagree but, in this case, the basis of your disagreement is one vast conspiracy theory (a theory that you hold) with very little evidence.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
18 Nov 06

Your postulation is intriguing (although I think it's been done by pulp fiction writers in advance of you), but it really comes down to perspective.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
19 Nov 06

Why not take this slowly, one step at a time, without leaping to any conclusions, or taking a step back from conclusions already reached.

My question is what do we know of astrology as practiced by ancient cultures and how do we know it. That'll do for a start.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
19 Nov 06

But that puts a limit on how long a particular constellation will be views as whatever shape we are supposed to see in it. The stars are all moving with respect to each other and what we see now is not what was seen, say 50,000 years ago or 50,000 years hence.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
19 Nov 06

Originally posted by sonhouse
But that puts a limit on how long a particular constellation will be views as whatever shape we are supposed to see in it. The stars are all moving with respect to each other and what we see now is not what was seen, say 50,000 years ago or 50,000 years hence.
While not commenting on the age of the world, written history of man springs forth full bloom numbered in the ten's of thousands of years ago. It is unlikely that star positions have undergone radical change during this short period of time.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
20 Nov 06

Is this a good reference for this topic?

http://www.lunarplanner.com/siderealastrology.html

I wouldn't know.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
21 Nov 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Is this a good reference for this topic?

http://www.lunarplanner.com/siderealastrology.html

I wouldn't know.
It does. However, someone needs to explain to that webmaster that a black background with white text is painful and dizzying to read. Sort of like expecting something other than 'goddunnit' from Freaky and LH.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
21 Nov 06

It does. However, someone needs to explain to that webmaster that a black background with white text is painful and dizzying to read. Sort of like expecting something other than 'goddunnit' from Freaky and LH.
While you're at it, you can explain it to God too. That's how he "wrote" in the sky right?