The Garden of Eden

The Garden of Eden

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Oct 14
2 edits

Originally posted by lemon lime
Yeah Suzi, do you agree or disagree with FMF that I should have been posing my sensible question about wolfgang59 to him rather than to divegeester?
Actually, I really couldn't be arsed to care much about it either way. It's not my business. FMF is clearly only asking me about it to misdirect from what I said to him.

But now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind hearing why the atheists often find divegeester's theology to be "sensible". What about God is sensible to an atheist? And should a Christian be proud to be called "sensible" by atheists?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
16 Oct 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
This post of yours is explicitly addressed to divegeester.

You say "you two" referring to him and FMF.

then say you would not expect any real Christian to be
thinking otherwise, (ie contrary to divegeester), thereby
implicitly citing divegeester as not a real Christian)

Wriggling and squirming and lying merely show you to
be a low-life and non-Christian. You are pathetic.
What exactly do you consider your credentials for being an expert on Christians? It certainly doesn't come from actually being a Christian.

"I am not a Christian, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night."

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Oct 14

Originally posted by Suzianne
What exactly do you consider your credentials for being an expert on Christians? It certainly doesn't come from actually being a Christian.

"I am not a Christian, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn last night."
Seek help Suzi. You are imagining things again.

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

Do you agree that you should have been posing your question about Grampy Bobby's position on "a believer losing their salvation by rejecting Christ" to Grampy Bobby himself rather than to me?
What are you on about? I've addressed posts to Grampy Bobby maybe as many as a dozen times in the last few days. It was you who tackled me when I reiterated what he'd said about my supposed "salvation".

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Oct 14
3 edits

Actually, I really couldn't be arsed to care much about it either way. It's not my business. FMF is clearly only asking me about it to misdirect from what I said to him.

But now that I think about it, I wouldn't mind hearing why the atheists often find divegeester's theology to be "sensible". What about God is sensible to an atheist? And should a Christian be proud to be called "sensible" by atheists?
I don't think any atheist here has ever said my theology is sensible and I don't seek the approval of atheists or theists. I state fairly regularly that I am a rubbish Christian, however I will vocally stand against the dangerous lunacy of JWs and the horrendous doctrines of death propagated by some Christians here e.g. Eternal suffering. I think organised corporate religion is a fraudulent sham and it is my observation that some of the religionists in this forum can often come across as self-righteous tin-pot preachers (at least here anyway).

Edit: I'd like to add that this forum is not an ideal platform for proselyting; it is an "argument room" (ref Python). We all enjoy the fray, so why don't we just get on with it and stop pretending its about brotherly love vs. the antichrist, or God's portal to the poor atheists or where atheists of the world can cure religion. I maintain most of us here would happily sit round a table over a beer or a meal irl, atheist and Christian.

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Oct 14

Originally posted by FMF
Of course he's a Christian. Have you not read his posts here over the last how ever long it's been?
No, I haven't read everything he's posted "here over the last how ever long it's been". I haven't paid much attention to him until the Eden thread... except for that one time I mentioned before, I don't remember when it was exactly (I think it was sometime last year), but it was when I first asked him about his (angry blue face) avatar.

So other than that and before the Eden thread, he didn't show up much on my radar... and now both of you seem to be showing up on my radar... all the time... even when I'm not looking for you...

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
17 Oct 14

No, I haven't read everything he's posted "here over the last how ever long it's been". I haven't paid much attention to him until the Eden thread... except for that one time I mentioned before, I don't remember when it was exactly (I think it was sometime last year), but it was when I first asked him about his (angry blue face) avatar.

So other than t ...[text shortened]... of you seem to be showing up on my radar... all the time... even when I'm not looking for you...
Are you going to explain your accusation of me "undermining the faith of other Christians"? I've asked you several times and I'm not going to let it go.

Btw: the "angry blue face" avatar was actually an iPhone filtered photo of myself not at all angry but relaxing on the sofa at home. It was washed through the "photo negative" filter and was actually a sort of greeny-grey. So your perception of that was wrong too.

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

So other than t ...[text shortened]... of you seem to be showing up on my radar... all the time... even when I'm not looking for you...
So why do you think he's not a Christian?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Oct 14

Originally posted by wolfgang59
This post of yours is explicitly addressed to divegeester.

You say "you two" referring to him and FMF.

then say you would not expect any real Christian to be
thinking otherwise, (ie contrary to divegeester), thereby
implicitly citing divegeester as not a real Christian)

Wriggling and squirming and lying merely show you to
be a low-life and non-Christian. You are pathetic.
Okay then, I'll say it again... and maybe this time one or two of you will actually read this, and understand what I'm saying.

I don't know if divegeester is a Christian or not.

(Did you get it this time? Do you understand what it means?)

I don't know because I haven't seen any evidence of it. Anyone can say he is a Christian. You could say you are a Christian. I don't believe you will say that, but the fact is you could say it. I am well aware of people online who claim to be Christians in order to spoof other Christians, because I've had conversations with people who do that.

So if Dive is a Christian, then sooner or later I will evidence of that. And if he isn't, then I should see evidence of that as well. No one is a Christian simply because they say they are, and no one is a Christian simply because he was brought up in a Christian household... it doesn't work that way.

I don't know what the big deal is here... you're assuming things I haven't said. So I'll repeat it again: I don't know if Dive is a Christian or not. If he told me he was a monkey who could type in messages here, I would do the same and reserve judgement until I was sure if he really is a monkey who can type in messages here.

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

I don't know if divegeester is a Christian or not.
But he's told you that he is a Christian.

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

I don't know because I haven't seen any evidence of it.
What about the literally thousands of posts of his which make it clear he is a Christian?

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

So if Dive is a Christian, then sooner or later I will evidence of that. And if he isn't, then I should see evidence of that as well. No one is a Christian simply because they say they are, and no one is a Christian simply because he was brought up in a Christian household... it doesn't work that way.
Surely the fact that he is a follower of Christ and accepts the Bible as the Word of God and evidence supporting the Christian doctrine and way of life is what makes him a Christian.

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

I don't know if Dive is a Christian or not.
If this is so, why have you repeatedly suggested that his not a Christian?

F

Moves
17 Oct 14

I am well aware of people online who claim to be Christians in order to spoof other Christians, because I've had conversations with people who do that..
So you have been saying that divegeester is not a Christian because of some conversations you've had with other people, is that it?

Can you give an example of divegeester "spoofing" you?

itiswhatitis

oLd ScHoOl

Moves
17 Oct 14

And should a Christian be proud to be called "sensible" by atheists?

If I was being praised by atheists for my Christian theology, I could either bask in the glow of approval or look back to see what I'm doing wrong. But I don't need to wonder about this, because I've been around the block enough times to know what it means.

We could also turn your question around and ask: Should any atheist be proud for praising a Christian for his sensible doctrine/theology?