1. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Jan '22 17:50
    @fmf said
    Muslims' "experience" with their faith and their "experience" with prayer do not constitute "evidence" that what they believe is true. The same goes for Christians. The fact that my "experience" as a Christian made me absolutely certain that my beliefs were true 20, 30 or 40 years ago is not "evidence" of anything other than what my beliefs were and what my state of mind was during those times.
    In short, experience of the mundane can only be mundane evidence, not evidence for anything transcendental. I tend to agree.

Nonetheless, I have heard many Christians say that they know God exists because they are (feel) saved, because their lives, previously miserable and pointless, have come to embody a meaningful purpose. I cannot reasonably doubt this, phenomenologically. If they say their lives now have a purpose previously lacking, who am I to deny this? We do, however, tend to disagree on the underlying ontology of the change and whether the change is itself evidence for the existence of a supernatural being which brought about the change.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Feb '22 13:401 edit
    @josephw

God is eternal. God created the universe. The universe had a beginning, therefore it's not eternal.

That is not unless God intervenes in the "new heavens and a new earth".

We know that the universe after the last judgment will be one in which righteousness dwells forever. So He must do something to physics to maintain an eternal environment.

"But according to His promise we are expecting new heavens and a new eaerrh in which righeousness dwells." ( 2 Pet. 2:13)

Listen to the song I wrote about this verse.

https://soundcloud.com/jack-wilmore/expecting-and-hastening-2-pet-312?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Feb '22 21:01
    Listen !!

YouTube&list=RDGMEMpBTPDS4vUcNkxDpMWGK7rw&start_radio=1&rv=8T84HIxqsUQ&ab_channel=RomansVIII
  4. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    19 Feb '22 05:482 edits
    @sonship said
    If after a trillion eons the last galaxy fisses out, the last dead star explodes, the last black hole evaporates, the last photon decays, the last stars burn no more, the expanding universe dissolves into the cold black oblivion and all energy is dissapated (time - space between - motion - energy - matter are no more) - depleted, spent,frigid, down to the smallest quntum particle or field

Why was it all ?

And why did we live ?
    Why was it all ?

And why did we live ?

So we could watch Anya Taylor Joy as Beth Harmon in the Queens Gambit of course. Isn't that obvious? 😍

Give me something harder next time. 😏
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Feb '22 04:34

Removed by poster

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree