1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 02:252 edits
    If after a trillion eons the last galaxy fisses out, the last dead star explodes, the last black hole evaporates, the last photon decays, the last stars burn no more, the expanding universe dissolves into the cold black oblivion and all energy is dissapated (time - space between - motion - energy - matter are no more) - depleted, spent,frigid, down to the smallest quntum particle or field

Why was it all ?

And why did we live ?
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 02:30
    Need a little help comprehending the end of the universe?
    (not a religious video)

The End of the Universe

YouTube&ab_channel=SEA
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 02:40
    @sonship said
    Why did we live ?
    Each individual can come up with their answer to this.

If your "why" is inextricably linked to notions of supernatural causality, then that's OK.

Life is, in a sense, an opportunity for us to find out what floats our boats.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 03:21
    @sonship said
    Need a little help comprehending the end of the universe?
    (not a religious video)
    Did the video help you?
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 04:41
    Folks,
    That was not the video I remember enjoying. But it was like it pretty much, informative.

While we contemplate . . . a nice song imo

I've Never Been Sorry

https://soundcloud.com/hymnstream/ive-never-been-sorry
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 04:49
    @sonship said

I've Never Been Sorry
    It reminds me of "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life", by Monty Python, at the end of Life of Brian, which, I think, has a more valuable spiritual message as we contemplate, at your behest, the death of the universe.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    19 Jan '22 04:58
    @fmf said
    Life is, in a sense, an opportunity for us to find out what floats our boats.
    Here's a relevant song:

YouTube
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    22 Jan '22 09:50
    @sonship said
    If after a trillion eons the last galaxy fisses out, the last dead star explodes, the last black hole evaporates, the last photon decays, the last stars burn no more, the expanding universe dissolves into the cold black oblivion and all energy is dissapated (time - space between - motion - energy - matter are no more) - depleted, spent,frigid, down to the smallest quntum particle or field

Why was it all ?

And why did we live ?
    No reason, no reason at all.
    Why do you think there has to be a ‘why’?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Jan '22 10:01
    Coincidentally I spent much of yesterday evening watching YouTube videos, via my TV app, of the scale of stars the universe and black holes. The deep question which cropped up for me was… “why is sonship at RHP blogging about his venerated leaders and erroneous ideas when there are billions of people at risk of being tortured alive for eternity by his wonky version of god?”
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    22 Jan '22 11:22
    @sonship said

Why was it all ?

And why did we live ?
    It's sheer human arrogance to presume we are here as some kind of ultimate purpose of the universe. We're here and then we're not here. Same as my cat. Same as the tree outside my window.

'Why' is not the interesting/meaningful question. 'How' is the interesting question.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 16:56
    @sonship said

Why was it all ?

And why did we live ?
    The universe is eternal. The second law of thermodynamics only affect 3d systems
  12. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 17:38
    @sonship said

Why was it all ?

And why did we live ?
    Can't say that I know exactly.

In the scenario you described, when everything is gone, "why" doesn't mean much.

Of course I don't really know what you're thinking do I?
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 17:40
    @sonship said
    Folks,
    That was not the video I remember enjoying. But it was like it pretty much, informative.

I've Never Been Sorry

https://soundcloud.com/hymnstream/ive-never-been-sorry
    What the heck! I've been sorry a lot. 🤦‍♂️
  14. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 17:45
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It's sheer human arrogance to presume we are here as some kind of ultimate purpose of the universe. We're here and then we're not here. Same as my cat. Same as the tree outside my window.

'Why' is not the interesting/meaningful question. 'How' is the interesting question.
    Hey ghost, "how" is your cat? I have five. Had six, but one got hit by a car. Now it is not. 🤔

It's all I can do to keep my Blue Healer (female) from killing the rest. She did kill about half a dozen when she was young, but I got it sunk into her head to leave them alone. I told her I love the cats too.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 17:47
    @karoly-aczel said
    The universe is eternal. The second law of thermodynamics only affect 3d systems
    God is eternal. God created the universe. The universe had a beginning, therefore it's not eternal.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree