1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 19:27
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    The universe is eternal. God was created by man during his brief moment in existence. Both man and God therefore had a beginning, unlike the eternal universe.
    How do you know that?
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 19:27
    @josephw said

The idea that God was invented is a subsequent delusion to the real knowledge of the existence of the eternal. In other words, the idea that God was invented is the invention.
    It is the 'idea' of God's existence that was invented. It satisfied the human need for answers and to lessen the blow of mortality.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 19:28
    @kellyjay said
    How do you know that?
    Logical reasoning.

Why do you believe in God?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Jan '22 19:321 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Logical reasoning.

<<Logical reasoning.>>

“But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.”

(1 Corinthians 2:14)

We’re arguing from two different mindsets and in two different planes. It’s pointless.

<<Why do you believe in God?>>

It’s imo virtually pointless for a Christian to answer this question to an atheist.

rajk999 has the same carnal, natural mindset. It’s why his doctrine reduces the Holy Bible to, “Do good works. Jesus will judge.”
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 08:45
    @kellyjay said
    How do you know that?
    Perhaps it was written in a book sometime.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 08:59
    @pb1022 said
    <<Why do you believe in God?>>

It’s imo virtually pointless for a Christian to answer this question to an atheist.
    I would have thought that it would be pointless for a Christian like you - you specifically - to answer the question if you were asked by an agnostic too.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 10:06
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    It is the 'idea' of God's existence that was invented. It satisfied the human need for answers and to lessen the blow of mortality.
    How do you know that?
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 10:081 edit
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    Logical reasoning.

Historical and logical reasons, along with experience, lead me there along with scripture.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 10:14
    @kellyjay said
    Historical and logical reasons, along with experience, lead me there along with scripture.
    What do you make of Muslims whose "experience" with their faith and their "experience" with prayer has led them to believe that their God figure is real and yours [or, your version of theirs] is not? How do you rate their "experience" as evidence?
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 17:27
    @fmf said
    I would have thought that it would be pointless for a Christian like you - you specifically - to answer the question if you were asked by an agnostic too.
    I could easily answer the question but why waste my time with dishonest brokers?
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 17:28
    @fmf said
    What do you make of Muslims whose "experience" with their faith and their "experience" with prayer has led them to believe that their God figure is real and yours [or, your version of theirs] is not? How do you rate their "experience" as evidence?
    They have no evidence, imo. Provide some if you think they do.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    24 Jan '22 23:51
    @pb1022 said
    They have no evidence, imo. Provide some if you think they do.
    Whoosh

Please read the posts in the exchange for blurting something out.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '22 00:39
    @fmf said
    Whoosh

Please read the posts in the exchange for blurting something out.
    Your posts are not hard to understand. Believe me.

Someone claiming their personal experience is evidence is meaningless without actual evidence - apart from their testimony - to back it up.

Please think a little before blurting out “Whoosh” and pretending no one can understand your mighty intellect.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    25 Jan '22 01:361 edit
    @pb1022 said
    Your posts are not hard to understand. Believe me.

Someone claiming their personal experience is evidence is meaningless without actual evidence - apart from their testimony - to back it up.

Please think a little before blurting out “Whoosh” and pretending no one can understand your mighty intellect.
    Muslims' "experience" with their faith and their "experience" with prayer do not constitute "evidence" that what they believe is true. The same goes for Christians. The fact that my "experience" as a Christian made me absolutely certain that my beliefs were true 20, 30 or 40 years ago is not "evidence" of anything other than what my beliefs were and what my state of mind was during those times.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Jan '22 17:281 edit
    @sonship said
    If after a trillion eons the last galaxy fisses out, the last dead star explodes, the last black hole evaporates, the last photon decays, the last stars burn no more, the expanding universe dissolves into the cold black oblivion and all energy is dissapated (time - space between - motion - energy - matter are no more) - depleted, spent,frigid, down to the smallest quntum particle or field

Why was it all ?

And why did we live ?
    Your last two questions have nothing to do with the paragraph before. Those questions can be asked at any time, not just at end.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree