The biggest misconception in Christendom

The biggest misconception in Christendom

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
05 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Oh wow I must have really gotten under your skin for you to be chasing me down in here 🤣🤣
I think Rusty is the new Becker, only with less teeth and height.

Grass Farmer

Moves
05 Feb 22

more christianophobia

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
05 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
Why didn’t you quote the verses immediately before and after?

“And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented wi ...[text shortened]... n those verses?

Satan worshippers and those who receive his mark.

Not ordinary non-Christians.
Bump for divegeester.

Moves
05 Feb 22
1 edit

@very-rusty said

Harmless but irritating as hell.
Good to know gutted boy.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Thread 192167

Try again.
Ok. I will.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 22

@very-rusty said
We call Dive the gooster in the general forum.

He just goes around stirring the pot then runs away.

Harmless but irritating as hell.

-VR
I can see why. Thanks for the tip.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
05 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Prove me wrong you hellers.
I see you didn't get the attention you were looking for in this thread of yours.

Your OP proves you wrong.

The OP is just your bitch against what the scriptures say. You quote a verse, which has nothing at all to do with anything you said in the OP, and you think it's relevant, but it's not.

You have too many presuppositions.

But never mind this post. It's not what I really want to say.

Moves
06 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Is the popular imagery of the devil, Satan being in change of hell and the burning alive of the billions of people in the fiery lakes…standing there with his horns, pointy tail and pitchfork jabbing at the poor lost souls who the lovely Jesus died for.

But hang on a minute … it isn’t the Devil in charge of hell, it’s a version of Jesus!

[i]”The same shall drink of t ...[text shortened]... wrong you hellers.

Edit: nod to Ghost of a Duke for re-floating my favourite anit-hell scripture.
We should remember that after several committee meetings and the winnowing of the Canon, Christianity had become the official religion of an empire.

Coded message: God = Rome; Rome = God. Behave or be toast. You are being watched.

Maybe there used to be a deep-apocryphal "Letter from Satan's Welcome-Home Dinner" that parallels the story of the prodigal son? We might never know.

Moves
06 Feb 22

@pb1022 said
You should check the slang meaning of gooster.
I got mixed results from Urban Dictionary.

Moves
06 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Notice something here, and this is your normal modus operandi. 4 posts

Dive - Brought up a particular issue
Me- I gave my opinion on the issue
You - Comment on Dive
You - Comment on Me

Nothing one single word on the topic. from you.

Guess what they call people like you.
A commentator?

Moves
06 Feb 22

@rajk999 said
Personally I am on the fence. There is enough biblical support for the Devil simply being the personification of sin, and hell being a a place of destruction, and not a place of torment. I dont think God cares either way what people believe about those two doctrines.
Does that mean you are a Deist?

Moves
06 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said
It's not worth it to comment on what you said in your OP because it's just your usual blatherings about your confusions, misconceptions and mischaracterizations of biblical truth.

At the outset for example: "...popular imagery of the devil...".

You obviously think you're a clever little fellow by fomenting further misconceptions about Satan by disregarding what the Bib ...[text shortened]... ve about eternal punishment.

You bore me to death with your pretentious and sophomoric diatribes.
Dear Joseph, if you are so easily bored to death I fear you might have been grasping at straws all along.

Remember the foundation of your existence. The Ocean of Truth will sustain and support you (at least until you croak), kind of like a flotation tank but without the tank.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
06 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said
Maybe there used to be a deep-apocryphal "Letter from Satan's Welcome-Home Dinner" that parallels the story of the prodigal son? We might never know.
After all Satan is a counterfeiter.

Moves
06 Feb 22

@josephw said
So you say as you "fling your feces". You can't even spell it correctly.
Didn't you know that "faeces" is the plural of "feces"? I bet John Dee knew that.

Moves
06 Feb 22

@josephw said
I see you didn't get the attention you were looking for in this thread of yours.

Your OP proves you wrong.

The OP is just your bitch against what the scriptures say. You quote a verse, which has nothing at all to do with anything you said in the OP, and you think it's relevant, but it's not.

You have too many presuppositions.

But never mind this post. It's not what I really want to say.
I think your behaviour in this thread completely justifies the OP.