The Bible

The Bible

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
15 Jul 17

All of the Bible seems to be accounts from the past. As if re-written from the days of the Egyptians. Even the story of Jesus is taken from a story of Horus, an Egyptian.

Then comes the council of Nicea. Man determining what the Bible 'should be'.

Why do YOU trust the Bible at all? Why do you think the story of Jesus is true at all? When proof says it has all been written from previous stories.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Jul 17

Originally posted by chaney3
All of the Bible seems to be accounts from the past. As if re-written from the days of the Egyptians. Even the story of Jesus is taken from a story of Horus, an Egyptian.

Then comes the council of Nicea. Man determining what the Bible 'should be'.

Why do YOU trust the Bible at all? Why do you think the story of Jesus is true at all? When proof says it has all been written from previous stories.
You have claimed in this forum to have always been a Christian and to have never have been a Christian. Have you managed to decide which it is yet?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jul 17

Zeitgeist Debunked: Jesus Is Not A Copy Of Pagan Gods

c

Moves
15 Jul 17

Originally posted by divegeester
You have claimed in this forum to have always been a Christian and to have never have been a Christian. Have you managed to decide which it is yet?
The question is why you believe the Bible is true at all.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
15 Jul 17

The question is why you believe the Bible is true at all.
And my point to you is why should I indulge you?

c

Moves
15 Jul 17

You don't have to. Is your ego so big that you think I created a thread for dive's opinion?

You are not rhp dive. Get over yourself.

c

Moves
15 Jul 17

Originally posted by sonship
[b] Zeitgeist Debunked: Jesus Is Not A Copy Of Pagan Gods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30AunYXtYDg[/b]
Zeitgeist makes a point sonship.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jul 17
2 edits

withdrawn.

Better lectures exist.

c

Moves
15 Jul 17

[b] Is Jesus Based on the Pagan God Horus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gb8o1_eeFY[/b]
The entire Bible seems to be re-written from past accounts, including Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jul 17
1 edit

The entire Bible seems to be re-written from past accounts, including Jesus.
Duped and Gullible

Quote me an ancient religious text which depicts the universe being created by a Life totally outside of and apart from the material of the universe.

ie. "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (Gen 1:1)

I want your quote of the creation being brought into existence by a Being completely outside of that creation.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Jul 17

Just don't participate.
This is a silly response.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
15 Jul 17

Duped and Gullible

Quote me an ancient religious text which depicts the universe being created by a Life totally outside of and apart from the material of the universe.

ie. [b]"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." (Gen 1:1)

I want your quote of the creation being brought into existence by a Being completely outside of that creation.[/b]
The ancient Egyptian's give us Atum. (Quite beautiful I think, especially in regards to the creation of man).

'Atum, while considered genderless, appeared as the first god or goddess. It is said he created himself from his thoughts and will. From the dark waters of Nun, emerged a hill for Atum to stand upon. This is where he made Shu, the god of air and Tefnut, the goddess of moisture. Shu and Tefnut created Geb, the earth, and Nut, the sky. And from Ged and Nut came even more gods and goddesses. While the world's order formed over time, Shu and Tefnut got lost in darkness. Atum sent his all-seeing eye to search for them and upon their return, he wept tears of joy. The tears struck the earth and turned into the first men.'

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/the-story-of-god-with-morgan-freeman/articles/creation-myths-from-around-the-world/

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jul 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
The ancient Egyptian's give us Atum. (Quite beautiful I think, especially in regards to the creation of man).

'Atum, while considered genderless, appeared as the first god or goddess. It is said he created himself from his thoughts and will. From the dark waters of Nun, emerged a hill for Atum to stand upon. This is where he made Shu, the god of a ...[text shortened]... ographic.com/the-story-of-god-with-morgan-freeman/articles/creation-myths-from-around-the-world/
I commend you for looking into possibilities.
I think I'll wait to see if a few more examples come in before I comment.

c

Moves
15 Jul 17

There are endless examples of cultures that date back thousands of years before the Bible was written, that have stories that seem to have been 'taken' by Bible writers.

The Egyptians and Sumerians are but two examples.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
15 Jul 17

We can only speculate on the thousands of undocumented religions of
prehistory but they surely existed and some (many) would have qualified.