The Bible is the Claim NOT the Evidence.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
09 Feb 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
Christianity is faith and belief in things of which it has much evidence. Expressing a certainty in God is just as valid as the atheists expressing their certainty that their is no God. But the Christian has more evidence for the existence of God than the atheist have to the contrary.
Amazingly, almost everything in your statement is totally wrong. I've never seen such consistent wrong mindedness. You are impressive.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 13

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Seems like yet another indication of your homophobia, that this is your response to my post.
thats right because the post was all about you, wasn't it, megalomaniac much? 🙄

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
09 Feb 13

Originally posted by josephw
What's so hard about grasping the concept that "the Bible is the claim and not the evidence"?

I agree with your objection to religion, but are you certian that there isn't a belief system in this world that doesn't prove what it says?
I would be extremely interested in any religion that could prove its beliefs. I would, after all, find it immensely comforting to have proof of the existence of God.

T

Moves
09 Feb 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
thats right because the post was all about you, wasn't it, megalomaniac much? 🙄
Let's see: I posted a link to a VERY generic article about 'belief systems' that evidently compelled you to respond with a link to an article about homosexuality. That you did so clearly indicates an inordinate preoccupation with homosexuality. So I point out your obvious homophobia.

Exactly how does that indicate that I thought your post "was all about [me]" or indicate megalomania on my part?

rc

Moves
09 Feb 13

Let's see: I posted a link to a VERY generic article about 'belief systems' that evidently compelled you to respond with a link to an article about homosexuality. That you did so clearly indicates an inordinate preoccupation with homosexuality. So I point out your obvious homophobia.

Exactly how does that indicate that I thought your post "was all about [me]" or indicate megalomania on my part?
your quotation mentioned homosexuality, did it not and stated that faith based belief systems are slow to change,

Take for example, Christianity’s recent struggles to keep up with the rapidly changing times. Changes in the Christian belief system have had to been made with regards to the equality of women, homosexuality, and other social changes in our modern cultures.

I was merely pointing out why this was the case, a Christians beliefs are not changed by pseudo scientific claims, which is what the whole immutability argument is. If that appears homophobic to you then so be it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Feb 13

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
I would be extremely interested in any religion that could prove its beliefs. I would, after all, find it immensely comforting to have proof of the existence of God.
Any religion with public proof of its beliefs is not of God.

Although, as you describe it, I think many would flock to it because then they don't have to go through the bothersome process of having faith and standing up for what they believe in and possibly becoming a martyr for the cause.

The faith or beliefs of the typical human only goes so far, and no further. Call it short-sighted, call it "what's in it for me?" The truly faithful Christian does find it comforting to have personal proof of the existence of God.

T

Moves
09 Feb 13
1 edit

your quotation mentioned homosexuality, did it not and stated that faith based belief systems are slow to change,

Take for example, Christianity’s recent struggles to keep up with the rapidly changing times. Changes in the Christian belief system have had to been made with regards to the equality of women, homosexuality, and other social changes ...[text shortened]... ch is what the whole immutability argument is. If that appears homophobic to you then so be it.
"Homosexuality" was merely mentioned as one example of the larger point that changes in the Christian belief system vis-a-vis social changes in our modern cultures have been slow coming which was mentioned within the larger context of the responsiveness of science as a belief systems vs. religious belief systems which was mentioned within the larger context of science as a belief system which was mentioned within the larger context of belief systems in general. Yet you fixated on homosexuality. Placed with the context of the plethora of bigoted and homophobic posts you've been making in other threads and that you've also recently started a thread entitled 'The Health Risks of Gay Sex' indicates an inordinate preoccupation with homosexuality. So yes, "homophobic" applies to you.

And once again, "Exactly how does [my earlier post] indicate that I thought your post "was all about [me]" or indicate megalomania on my part?

rc

Moves
09 Feb 13
4 edits

"Homosexuality" was merely mentioned as one example of the larger point that changes in the Christian belief system vis-a-vis social changes in our modern cultures have been slow coming which was mentioned within the larger context of the responsiveness of science as a belief systems vs. religious belief systems which was mentioned within the larger conte ate that I thought your post "was all about [me]" or indicate megalomania on my part?
i think you might be suffering from Pathological narcissism. Although we shall need to do some further tests.

T

Moves
09 Feb 13

i think you might be suffering from Pathological narcissism. Although we shall need to do some further tests.
Can't imagine RC will be able to substantiate this claim any better than his earlier ad hominem attack nor be able to refute the fact that he's a homophobe.

One would think that G75 would have the sense to report RC to the Watchtower Society in an attempt to save the organization from further embarrassment.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 13

Can't imagine RC will be able to substantiate this claim any better than his earlier ad hominem attack nor be able to refute the fact that he's a homophobe.

One would think that G75 would have the sense to report RC to the Watchtower Society in an attempt to save the organization from further embarrassment.
good, lets continue, here is a list if known symptoms, we can go through them one by one, see if anything seems salient to you,

Reacting to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
Taking advantage of others to reach own goals
Exaggerating own importance, achievements, and talents
Imagining unrealistic fantasies of success, beauty, power, intelligence, or romance
Requiring constant attention and positive reinforcement from others
Becoming jealous easily
Lacking empathy and disregarding the feelings of others
Being obsessed with self
Pursuing mainly selfish goals
Trouble keeping healthy relationships
Becoming easily hurt and rejected
Setting goals that are unrealistic
Wanting "the best" of everything
Appearing unemotional

T

Moves
09 Feb 13
1 edit

good, lets continue, here is a list if known symptoms, we can go through them one by one, see if anything seems salient to you,

Reacting to criticism with anger, shame, or humiliation
Taking advantage of others to reach own goals
Exaggerating own importance, achievements, and talents
Imagining unrealistic fantasies of success ...[text shortened]... ng goals that are unrealistic
Wanting "the best" of everything
Appearing unemotional
Is this seriously all that you believe is necessary to substantiate a claim?

One can't help but wonder if you like being a Jehovah's Witness because it makes you feel like you are more intelligent than you are. Because something obviously does.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 13

Is this seriously all that you believe is necessary to substantiate a claim?

One can't help but wonder if you like being a Jehovah's Witness because it makes you feel like you are more intelligent than you are. Because something obviously does.
I see, exaggerating ones own importance, achievements, and talents and while calling into question the talents of others. Go on . . . .

Moves
09 Feb 13

I see, exaggerating ones own importance, achievements, and talents and while calling into question the talents of others. Go on . . . .
Sorry... were you talking about yourself?

T

Moves
09 Feb 13

Show where I have "...[exaggerated my] own importance, achievements, and talents".

Moves
09 Feb 13

Originally posted by Hand of Hecate

Why is this such a hard concept to grasp? I object to any religion that is certain of everything and requires proof of nothing.
Well given it seems to be made by people who can't recognise a circular argument when they make it...

Ah... that seems to be the problem.

If you think you can make circular arguments then it's easy to think that the bible can be both the
claim AND the evidence.