The Bible and Sex

The Bible and Sex

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
15 Feb 13

Originally posted by FMF
The Bible quote you offered completely missed the point of what I'd said to you.
You missed the point of that scripture, not me.

F

Moves
15 Feb 13

Originally posted by galveston75
You missed the point of that scripture, not me.
OK, it is your prerogative to sidestep the question.

So if they have never heard of him or have never seen a Bible, he knows that. But he created us all and the same results will happen to any of us.

If you truly believe that "the same results will happen to" everyone once God "knows their heart and mental condition" and has judged them [even if, as you say, "they have never heard of him or have never seen a Bible"], then I reckon you need to reject and distance yourself from this kind of stuff because it contradicts what you are saying:

"There are billions of people who do not know Jehovah. Many of them in ignorance practice things that God's Word shows to be wicked. If they persist in this course, they will be among those who perish during the great tribulation." [Watchtower 1993]

"Only Jehovah's Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd," as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil." [Watchtower 1989]

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
15 Feb 13

Originally posted by googlefudge

You know, I really didn't need that image in my head...
Maybe some people are in the wrong bodies.

If true, we'd finally have definitive explanations for being out of one's mind and out of body experiences.

Then, again, images mislead. So maybe not.

Moves
15 Feb 13

God knows and see's everyone on the planet and knows their situation much more then we could ever imagine.
And he knows their heart and mental condition. That's why he is the judge of all, not us.
So if they have never heard of him or have never seen a Bible, he knows that. But he created us all and the same results will happen to any of us.
We all ...[text shortened]... g what is good. At just the right time we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don’t give up.
Maybe I can be more direct. Are there any sex acts voluntarily done between a loving husband and wife that can only be done to "satisfy their own sinful nature", acts that by their very nature "will harvest decay and death from that sinful nature" and cannot be done by a a husband and wife "who live to please the Spirit?"

These are acts that by their very 1 or 2 or 3 word description, are clearly out of bounds. If there are, and you don't care to name them, a simple yes, there are such acts, will do.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
15 Feb 13

I'm not sure that the Bible is a good sex aid.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
15 Feb 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
oooh!!! some atheist on atheist action, do you mind if i imagine you guys are debating in a mud bath?
hahahaha!!

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Feb 13

Originally posted by googlefudge
.... morality is subjective.

Um... No it isn't.
Firstly you should agree with me because we belong to the same religion! 😉

Maybe I have used "subjective" wrongly?

All I am saying is that people have different morals so that A may behave in a certain way X and believe it moral but B would not do X believing it immoral.

For instance a vegetarian may consider eating meat immoral.

Moves
16 Feb 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Firstly you should agree with me because we belong to the same religion! 😉

Maybe I have used "subjective" wrongly?

All I am saying is that people have different morals so that A may behave in a certain way X and believe it moral but B would not do X believing it immoral.

For instance a vegetarian may consider eating meat immoral.
morality is defiantly subjective. i think the differing opinions on this forum are great example of how subjective they are.

(bring it googlefudge, im in my red speedo's, greased up, covered in mud and as slippery as an atheists girlfriends vagina, lets go!!)

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
16 Feb 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
greased up, covered in mud and as slippery as an atheists girlfriends vagina, lets go!!)
Now I'm worried ...........

Moves
16 Feb 13
2 edits

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Now I'm worried ...........
Me too this thread seems to have been invaded by the kids from St. Immaturata Junior High.

I guess the subject matter is too... grown up.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
17 Feb 13

Originally posted by JS357
Reportedly Chapter 10 is relevant to this thread.
And chapter 6.

Moves
17 Feb 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
And chapter 6.
So I have read.

I have seen that there is some criticism of his book from some Christians and feminists.
This is the most complete book review/report I have seen:

http://www.dennyburk.com/my-review-of-mark-driscolls-real-marriage/

You might want to experience the book on your own without looking at this link but others may be interested. It gives an alternative view from that they express and discusses chapter 10.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
17 Feb 13

Originally posted by JS357
So I have read.

I have seen that there is some criticism of his book from some Christians and feminists.
This is the most complete book review/report I have seen:

http://www.dennyburk.com/my-review-of-mark-driscolls-real-marriage/

You might want to experience the book on your own without looking at this link but others may be interested. It gives an alternative view from that they express and discusses chapter 10.
Well of course from feminists because they are of the would. They don't understand the moving of the spirit through a believer.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Feb 13

Originally posted by RBHILL
Well of course from feminists because they are of the would. They don't understand the moving of the spirit through a believer.
Really? Really??

Of course it would be a man to say this.

Do you also think a woman should be silent and cover her head in church?

Or perhaps you think church is "man's business" and that the women should be in the back cooking up some "refreshment" for the menfolk?