The Arrogance of Theism and Atheism

The Arrogance of Theism and Atheism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Are you equally as arrogant in denying the existence of fairies and Santa clause as the arrogant people that claim they exist?
Actually, fairies and Santa do exist. Santa was based upon St. Nicholos and President Obama just congradulated a fairy for coming out of the closet who plays in the NBA.

rc

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
To get back to the theme of the thread, namely atheism/theism and it's effects on behaviour, i would say your theism has turned you into an intellectual wimp. Someone who refuses to process information which doesn't subscribe to their preconceived worldview.
Intellectual wimp, dude, I am marauding your queen side with my Meran, creating a bullet proof centre against your Pirc, how can you say I am an intellectual wimp?

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I like the idea of an intelligent designer. I dont like materialism in any form, its responsible for many ills in my opinion.
but you do understand that the universe doesnt care what you like or dislike, dont you?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 May 13

Intellectual wimp, dude, I am marauding your queen side with my Meran, creating a bullet proof centre against your Pirc, how can you say I am an intellectual wimp?
He can say that because you will not accept instruction form...

The Instructor

Cape Town

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by whodey
Actually, fairies and Santa do exist. Santa was based upon St. Nicholos and President Obama just congradulated a fairy for coming out of the closet who plays in the NBA.
Its funny how many theists in this thread would rather admit to believing in fairies and santa than admit that atheism is less arrogant than theism.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Its funny how many theists in this thread would rather admit to believing in fairies and santa than admit that atheism is less arrogant than theism.
Because it's not. Theism is God-centered, while atheism is self-centered. People are often without God (a-theist) because it means they have to worship another entity that is not themselves.

But I do not believe in fairies or Santa, either.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by whodey
why do you insist on bringing Obama into it? (He did WHAT to a fairy?)

He has no relevance to your point.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Because it's not. Theism is God-centered, while atheism is self-centered. People are often without God (a-theist) because it means they have to worship another entity that is not themselves.

But I do not believe in fairies or Santa, either.
Why does one have to worship anything? Life is too short for ass kissing, even if the ass belongs to me.

rc

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by stellspalfie
but you do understand that the universe doesnt care what you like or dislike, dont you?
yes, I understand.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by Kepler
Why does one have to worship anything? Life is too short for ass kissing, even if the ass belongs to me.
Worship is not ass-kissing. An argument becomes moot once the given is shown to be false.

K
Demon Duck

of Doom!

Moves
12 May 13

Worship is not ass-kissing. An argument becomes moot once the given is shown to be false.
So why does one have to worship anything?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 13

You're the biggest intellectual wimp I know. A 44 year old man too sacred to read science books reduced to admitting he's 'closed-minded' and 'ignorant' on an internet chess forum, whilst at the same time trying to pass himself off as an 'independent free thinker evaluating the evidence with his own mind'. It's bizarreness, hilarity and tragedy all rolled into one.

rc

Moves
12 May 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
You're the biggest intellectual wimp I know. A 44 year old man too sacred to read science books reduced to admitting he's 'closed-minded' and 'ignorant' on an internet chess forum, whilst at the same time trying to pass himself off as an 'independent free thinker evaluating the evidence with his own mind'. It's bizarreness, hilarity and tragedy all rolled into one.
more retrospective trolling and informal fallacies.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
12 May 13

why do you insist on bringing Obama into it? (He did WHAT to a fairy?)

He has no relevance to your point.
I think he is referring to the Homosexual who recently came out of the closet and was praised by obama.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
12 May 13

more retrospective trolling and informal fallacies.
You can try to dismiss it as you like. It's all true. 🙂